Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 88

Gregor, pvanni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Filer 53.29 testing
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

But what you think about my suggestion about effective file searching by keyboard ?:) It was not interesting for you ?

For example, it can be added like it's done in FAR on win32. You press ALT+any letter, then, little "search" window are spawns and you type everything you need. So, cursor will jump on the need it file/directory. There is how it looks like:

Resized Image

But of course, that spawned window not so necessary if you not so motivated by added this feature, and just "in memory collect" will be cool too ..

Because it's really problematic, when you have 100 files started on F, and you at the bottom, and pressing F, bring you at the begining of the long list.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

It's already on the list. There's no need for you to try to explain it in any more detail, I think everyone got you the first time.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Cool, thanks :)

Btw, i also see in your TODO list the last HIGH Priority task:
- Add Amber support . I try to google, here, but still not get cleary what is that. Printing support ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

If I might make a sugestion as to a variant of kas1e seems to be talking about. That is to use atime delay, type 'fil' "quickly" and it'll slect files/dirs starting with Fil, but type it more slwly and you will select file starting with each letter, or rather move the 'cursor' to files with each letter.

That may allready be the way you intend to implement it, but just thought I'd mention it. It seems text slection of workbench icons also supports this (something I hadn't realised till I tested it!) so it would be a "consitent" interface.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

I won't do it in quite a while anyway, I've really added to much heavy features lately. I need to focus of eventual stability problems and other bugs than adding even more features. Plus the ToDo list isn't really all that short .. anyway once I get to it I'll think it through, but not until then.

I was really hoping people would find bugs rather than extend my todo list ;)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

You won't find it on Google, it's something new for AmigaOS.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

I not talk about bugs, because i never noticed any "programmer related" bugs, or crashes, or halts, or freezes.

All the problems (if it can be called as problems) related to some unspuported features, some mislogical thinks, etc. So because of it ppls mostly write about "what need to add". As i can see, only in last time some bugs was founded and you fix it already.

I use filer dayli, so, when i will have any real bugs, you can be sure i will write about :)

PS. But what Amber mean ? Can talk a bit about ? (for what, etc).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Btw, it is possible with current version of Filer, do "recursive" set of protect bits ? Like i mark directory, choice +e flag, and then update all recursively ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

I was really hoping people would find bugs rather than extend my todo list ;)

Was having diffilculties find any

but here's one....

Doesn't happen every time, but quite often after selecting a large number of directories / files in the lister and secrhing them, when the serch window is closed the mouse pointer changes to the 'drag version'. This will persust until the owning filer changes it's icon again (eg to busy).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Tested :)

New extendet protect menu are nice. But, looks like recursive not works if you press "update all", with just "update" all works fine. I explain a bit (not sure if it need it, but maybe will helps): For example, if you choice any directory, set any flags, set "recursive" mark and then press "update", then direcotry itself and everything inside set flags correctly. But if you mark directory, set some flags, set recursive mark and press "update all", then, only directory are change the flags, but nothing inside (i.e. recursive did't not works when you press "update all")

Related to experemintal os4depot look: can't found where i can on/off it to see what is mean.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

More on the protection bits thing.

With extended mode although the changes to the group and user sections show when you slect the protect option, they still show rw-drw-d in the actual lister.

BTW slightly OT but what does 'h' for Hold actually do?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

That should be fixed now. The drag&drop detection mechanism wasn't turned off when requesters were opened in the previous dev release.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

It may be that not all file systems may support the extended flags. But I'll check again to be sure.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Okey I'll check update all again.

As for OS4Depot things, read the readme.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Checked OS4Depot look. Very interesting. Soon Filer will be as new OS itself :) Checked only $OS4DEPOT RECENT (that is most important one imho) and works fine :) Only progress bar is need it when download happens (imho)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

@broadblues

It may be that not all file systems may support the extended flags. But I'll check again to be sure.

Um, it might also be that I'm going mad, as it appears to be working fine now....

BTW is there an option anywhere to choose a font for the lister? If there is I can't see for looking, want to see if it would be easier to read with a fixed width font.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

The font is a system setting, ie it uses the system defined font for the listbrowser.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@all

Just noticed that drag&drop may start behaving oddly if you activate os4depot mode. So be aware that this is a dev version, always use the latest public version for any serious work.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »