Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 140

skynet, AmigaSociety, afxgroup, Joeled, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

open a hidden Partition via amidock
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I don't want display all Partitions on the Workbench. I hide them by the Workench preferenes. I make a subdock.docky in amidock and I want to open the hidden partitions by amidock but I can't open them. Has anybody a solution for this problem?

Go to top
Re: open a hidden Partition via amidock
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
You can't it's hidden from workbench, Amidock is workbench compliant.

You can access it with things like filer, dopus 4 or 5 etc. but you cannot open a workbench window for it.

One thing you can do is unhide the partition, put an invisible icon on the partition and drag it to to bottom of the screen so the name is off screen then snapshot it. It looks like nothing is there but workbench can still access it.

I tried it years ago with all my partitions and set up a new dock to hold partition icons horizontally across the top of the screen.

Now I just run Dopus5 in workbench replacement mode with all drives hidden and just double click on an unused space to call up a lister with all drives present.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Re: open a hidden Partition via amidock
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
or you do like I do : hide the partitions/devices you want to hide behind Amidock docks (of course you dont set the background pattern to 100% transparent !) !

Go to top

Register To Post