Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Unable to play Podcasts
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi Amigans!

Since the release of the MediaVault and posdcast support, I am not able to play any of the podcasts which interests me, specifically Amiga Ireland. I am sure that I am missing something in the system as people from this forum confirmed that they are able to play it without any issues on AmiAMP, and I've seen it (via Stream) playing on Emotion. The error I am receiving is "Protocol not found" with Emotion (paid version) and "Can't Open Stream" with AmiAMP. Amiga I am running is X5000/20 and Enhancer 2.1 installed. I also looked to install ffmpeg and try with it, but failed to do so as the installation instructions are not clear. It looks to me that ffmpeg needs to be compiled in order to be used, not sure.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be missing because I have run out of ideas? This is the link to the pastebin with the Snoopy output, but if anything else is needed, please let me know:

https://pastebin.com/18NzuwEw

Thank you in advance!

edit: changed spelling

Go to top
Re: Unable to play Podcasts
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Have you asked @walkero ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey NinjaCyborg,

I don't think this is the fault of the MediaVault, rather the issue with my system. I am able to play many radio stations within MediaVault, with AmiAMP and Emotion, and only podcasts are throwing errors at me.

Of course, I could be absolutely wrong.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord
Quote:
Does anyone have any idea what I might be missing because I have run out of ideas? This is the link to the pastebin with the Snoopy output, but if anything else is needed, please let me know:

I see you are using an old version of my script which has a bug with the Polish stream that doesn't contain an mp3 stream option. Please update to the officially released version found on OS4Depot HERE!

NOTE: Anyone using an older version of my script v1.2 or less, please update to the latest v1.3 linked ot above.

In reagards to ffmpeg. You only need it if you want to save streams to a file for later playback. To install just download from HERE!
Since you are running an X5000 you only need to take the ffmpeg program and place it in C: or anywhere you like. Just type [path]ffmpeg into a shell once to let the AppDir: feature know where to find it.

ffmpeg only needs a patch applied if you have a system with Altivec. (ie. X1000)

Edited by ktadd on 2021/11/5 19:24:58
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Did you download FFMpeg from OS4Depot?
If so, did you use the unpack icon?
If not try that and then copy the FFPlay file to C.

Cheers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@levellord

Be sure your system clock is close to correct and then I bet your podcasts will play. Same thing happened with me.

I’ve also found Aamp does not play many podcasts I like, but ffplay and Emotion have played them all.

Try the clock thing first.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

Yeah that also caused me some issues.

Cheers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thank you all for replying to me, I really appreciate it!

ktadd:
I will update the script and add path to the ffmpeg as I did not do that earlier (I did place ffmpeg into the C thou, I was assumig it is in the path, without checking). I missed to update your script before posting the issue here, I should know better especially since you advised before in other thread to update the script.

TiredOfLife:
Yup, that's the ffmpeg version I tried, from the OS4Depot, extracted to ram and copied (Generic) ffmpeg into the C. For ffplay, I copied it into the C as well, but renamed from ffplay.xdelta3 to ffplay because if I remember correctly, ktadd's script is looking for ffplay. Will look into that too, just to make sure.

mbrantley:
That was the first issue which I did not mention at the beginning of this thread. My time was off for one hour due to the DTC. For some reason the correction was not applied, but was able to solve that quickly. Still, after that, podcasts were not playing unfortunately.

Let me do all this and will get back to you with the result, hopefully positive.

Again, thank you all so much for replying back to me -- appreciate it

edit: Spelling

Edited by levellord on 2021/11/5 22:13:19
Edited by levellord on 2021/11/5 22:14:18
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

The ffplay.xdelta3 doesn't work.
After unpacking ffmpeg, you need to run the unpack file that's in the folder.
That will produce a version of FFPlay without the .xdelta3 at the end.
It's that FFPlay that you need to copy over.

Cheers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I just did all what was suggested: Updated the script to v1.3 and added ffmpeg into the APPDIR path. FFPlay coud not add because the error message will pop up: "c:ffplay: file is not executable". I am not sure do I have the correct FFPlay copied into the C. After extracting the FFMpeg, the FFPlay was in the following location withing the archive: FFmpeg/Generic/ffplay.xdelta3.
I renamed the file from ffplay.xdelta3 to ffplay and copied it in the C. I also double checked the clock within prefs to ensure the time was correct for my time zone. I tried all 3 players with Amiga Ireland and no go: while AmiAMP and Emotion were providing errors, the ffplay did not do anything, so I must did something wrong here. Do I need ffpresets drawer copied somewhere and xdelta3-decoder as well besides having potentially incorrect FFPlay?

Here is the Snoopy_Output after I selected FFPlay if needed:

https://pastebin.com/zr1yYUeu

One more thing: I tried to save Amiga Ireland podcast stream with the FFMpeg to the RAM, on it actually worked, but this is not really a solution.

Thank you again!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Got it, let me do that! Thanks for suggesting this.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@levellord
Sorry for not replying earlier, but I just saw the problems you have with the player.

If using ffplay doesn't work with you, I would like you to check other episodes of the AmigaIreland podcast if they work, or even episodes from other podcasts.

Are you using any IRC channel where I could find you so to help you?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yes! It worked and podcast is working now! Guys, thank you so much for this, I learned something and fixed the issue, priceless! The reason Amiga can't die is because of the awesome people gathered around it.

Proof:
https://ibb.co/M25P8XF

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

No need to be sorry, it was not the issue with the MediaVault, just me being a noob. I tested multiple podcast (7-8) thou with the FFPlay and every single one was working, so no issues here anymore.

Don't have IRC installed on my Amigas, but it is all good now, thank you for the offer!

BTW, good show today, I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I am glad you liked the stream and that MediaVault is working fine now for you.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks for your script. I have been enjoying listening to podcasts this morning by using it.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PaulQuote:
Thanks for your script. I have been enjoying listening to podcasts this morning by using it.

I appreciate the feedback and am glad you find it useful but really Walkero is the one who deserves all the credit for making such a great program which gets better all the time. The latest favorites feature makes it really nice to use.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top

Register To Post