Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 »
Hyperion made new little update - part 2
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Another update !

This time is a necessary bugfix for an installer binary done by our Broadblues (Andy Broad). Bug can manifest in different conditons, but were found when we testing installation of latest Enhancer. Then it was reported to hyperion's bugzilla and fixed by Andy.

And thanks to Simon we got it out for public.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Hyperion made new little update - part 2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The Hyperion desert is so dry now that we celebrate singular minor bug fixes. Ben is without doubt the Amiga version of a cybersquatter.

Thanks do go out to Andy and Simon for their work though!

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ddni

Ditto, thanks to Simon and Andy too for those bug fixes.

Kas1e is a one man marketing machine for Hyperion. These updates have achieved more publicity and comment than the last major release of Warp3D Nova and RadeonRX 2.5 which were months of toil by Hans De Ruiter.

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
That's great news. Thanks to everyone involved.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@amigakit
Bad people might think that you promote Enhancer software in a thread that's for Hyperion's releases. I am sure you didn't try to do something like that, did you?

Kas1e does well and promotes the work people are doing on something they love and do it for free. Commercial software of a good company like A-Eon should be promoted by the company, don't you think?

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mattew
You completely wrong there. I was _never_ and never will a "one-man marketing machine for Hyperion." I dislike how Ben doing business, and don't like him personally knowing that he cheat business partners, sued his own friends, and doing all that dirty business. But the people who work on amigaos4 (and does not matter who owns Hyperion, they have no choice) deserve their work to be praised. Most of them are of high-quality developers.

And I promote everything AOS4 related (just check my youtube channel for example). Be it Hyperion's stuff (not Ben's, but as the owner, there is no way to avoid him currently) or Enhancer. At least parts about warp3dnova, Radeon drivers, and ogles2 library I promote everywhere when possible all the time. The bigger news items about exactly them on both aw.net and amigans.net with my ports which use warp3dnova/ogles2.library and gl4es (games, shaderjoy pack, etc, all use warp3dnova/ogles2/etc).

I think AOS4 devs who by some unluck still work with Ben should deserve their credits. Yes, I know that Ben just spend a shit into amigaos4 today and pay nothing. I know he for granted takes the free work (aos3.2, most of the work on aos4). And I do not know why those people still work with him. Maybe because if not like this, then nothing at all?

They already have a good beta-server setup, not like in the case with Enhancer when it's one-man-preparation, while should be just once something is done - uploaded on FTP where testers can get it. They (developers in AOS4, not Ben) have experience in preparation of releases, making proper CHANGE LOGS (!), etc, etc. I do not know who can do better? You alone without help? Surely not.

And, to add, even if Ben is ruled Hyperion still, he still gives developers the freedom to release DAMN CHANGELOGS! :) And also taking over of the 54.x theme numbering in Enhancer feels bad, as well as replacing of system components.

So see, on both sides there something very wrong. But also on both sides, something good happens, which is good too. And we all as users should care mostly for progress, and avoid wasting time in the wars in which none but companies interested.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Kas1e, I understand where you are coming from.

Perhaps the title of your post should read "Dedicated AOS4 devs fix bug and get it released despite Hyperion and shady Ben"?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit:

kas1e is the one who convinced me to buy your Enhancer2, despite my mixed feelings about it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni

Maybe, but purpose of the thread is that there some new update out, and those ones who still use os4 can update :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The interesting point about this particular release is that the Installer had two issues which we found some time before the release of the recent Enhancer 2.0, and which gave problems with installation particularly in connection with the newer versions of the RadeonRx drivers.

Andy fixed it (in his role of OS4 developer), we tested it , but were not able to get it released before the Enhancer was out.

Now that it is out, it is relevant enough also for Matthew to say thank you, because it solves a nuisance which the users of his product have had until now.

So can we all please just be happy now .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Yes, but let's not ignore the fact that Ben and Hyperion were the block to getting it out before Enhancer was out.

Hyperion does not equal AmigaOS4. They just keep it locked in a basement milking it for lawsuits.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ddni
I don't think there's a whole lot of "milk" left in OS4 in a commercial sense. This is why they got into the more lucrative 68k business, which is ironically what kickstarted the lawsuits.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

Quote:
I don't think there's a whole lot of "milk" left in OS4 in a commercial sense.

There would be, if only the Tabor/A1222 project hadn't failed. I'm sure that a low-cost, entry-level system would bring in new blood and more interest in OS4.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Whoa, there...it failed?

I must have missed the news.
I was under the impression that tabor was the only thing holding back the next big release of AmigaOS?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
I was under the impression that tabor was the only thing holding back the next big release of AmigaOS?

I wonder what the "next big release of AmigaOS" could be that is being held up by the Tabor?

No, what I mean is that the hardware just didn't come when it was needed (not even close in fact), and that's why I call it a failed project.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:

Knowing for a fact that Amikit/AEON don't want to have shit with Hyperion, and Ben will cheat them all the ways he can, and that Tabor without AmigaOS4 is nothing, then yeah, chances that it will be released are low.

I as a beta tester didn't see any sign of progress on the Tabor front anywhere. So probably forget it. Even if the board will be ready, OS4 for it in an unfinished state (there STILL no tabor-based newlib.library, causing many things to be slow like hell, FPU emulator still has bugs, etc), and even if it will be someday in the usable state with all that bad CPU choice and incompatible FPU, while there is Ben owner I not sure we can hope for a good solution of OS4 being sold with Tabor. It will be a mess, as Ben will hope to take everything for free as always, and for him will be more important to start another lawers attack than friendly solve things in favor of users. :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
I as a beta tester didn't see any sign of progress on the Tabor front anywhere.

Let's also add that ACube with their reborn Sam460 have stolen further thunder from the Tabor project, taking a bite in the lower-end segment where Tabor was hoping to make a difference.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie
And sam460 has full AOS4 support and all quite stable and fast. Tabor for real, kind of works, but some things crash, some slow VERY much (3D games giving 20-30 fps on SAM460, give 1-2 fps on TABOR). And no one dealing with it or even contact with anyone, I only can see beta-testers report something from time to time, but nothing is done about it by anyone.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@trixie
Quote:
Let's also add that ACube with their reborn Sam460 have stolen further thunder from the Tabor project, taking a bite in the lower-end segment where Tabor was hoping to make a difference.

For now, it makes more sense for any new OS4 user to go and buy a Sam460. The OS is more mature for this machine and can cover all the needs. I just wish they had more boards ready to sell.

@kas1e
Quote:
I as a beta tester didn't see any sign of progress on the Tabor front anywhere. So probably forget it. Even if the board will be ready, OS4 for it in an unfinished state...

We will never know if this would be the situation if the board was released on time. Because, if more people had the boards in their hands, companies and developers would be more motivated to work on it. Unfortunately, this didn't happen.

Quote:
It will be a mess, as Ben will hope to take everything for free as always...

My opinion about Hyperion's decisions and bad management is known to you, and a lot others in this website. But I didn't quite understood that. What does he expects to take for free? What you refer to?

Quote:
Knowing for a fact that Amikit/AEON don't want to have shit with Hyperion, and Ben will cheat them all the ways he can...

I wish if they only could put their egos at the side and sit down work all together for the best of all.

Edited by walkero on 2021/5/19 10:03:52
Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
But I didn't quite understood that. What does he expects to take for free? What you refer to?

I think Roman means that Ben has made it his habit to exploit other people who are willing to work for free, while he takes all the sales and retains full control. He's a leech and a disgrace to our community, Ben is.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 »