Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Making an USBbootable stick
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@daveyw
It does seem OS4 can boot from USB on some machines. I will still be surprised if that is the case for all different machines that OS4 support... (Maybe I'll try on my Sam440 & X1000 one day.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH
My X5000 has a UBOOT menu (accessed by interrupting UBOOT) that has an option to boot from USB. However, I don't see any boot device variables for specifying the boot order when I print the variables with NVGetvar or check the variable in Ranger. It seems that getting UBOOT advice can be tricky considering the differences between the various OS4 hardware.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jabirulo
Quote:
About latest UBoot.
It has some issues with some USB keyboards, they don't work under UBoot (you can't enter in Uboot menu/prefs) but when it loads AOS4 no problems.

Is this for a SAM460ex?
@all
Did others experience this?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jabirulo
Quote:
Are those stick FAT/FAT32 formatted? If not try to reformat them to FAT/FAT32.
IIRC there is a tool "HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool" to reformat USB pendrives.

I downloaded it but was unable to reformat to FAT (FAT32 did not appear as a possibility) a am also annoyed to use my wife's PC for this and possibly install some virus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@JosDuchIt

I also experienced the Sam460ex keyboard problems in Uboot with the newer Uboot . This was with an A-Eon AmigaOne keyboard.Switched to a Microsoft model linked to by jabirulo
and no more problems.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

For the X5000 Select the "Boot Options Menu" .
Then "Boot From Mass Storage" from the next menu options .

As the X5000 Bootloader code is on the Uboot MicroSD card You can make an Emergency Boot USB Stick for the X5000 by simply doing a raw copy of the X5000 CD .iso image to a usb stick .

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@JosDuchIt

AFAIK other users that upgraded UBoot SAM460ex had same problem.

Looking and waht the latest UBoot (http://www.acube-systems.biz/index.php?page=news&id=134)
- removed 2 GB limit for USB sticks
IMPORTANT NOTICE: users with an USB A-Eon AmigaOne keyboard may experience a problem with too many repeated keys, in this case, if possible, use another USB keyboard, or wait for a new update.
We had several feedback saying that Logitech keyboards K120 work perfectly with Uboot (also MK220 are reported to work).

So for one side is that maybe SUB keyboard doesn't wortk under UBoot (but no problems under AOS4) and there a fixes/features the are good to update to such UBoot.

I'm using a Microsft Wired Keyboard 200 and no problems under UBoot/AmigaOS4

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@JosDuchIt

If you reformat the pendrive there should be no virus problem (don't think "old" bootblock viruses are still "alive").

Doesn't your USB pendrive gets recognized on your miggy and/or MediaToolbox?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Spectre660
Quote:
For the X5000 Select the "Boot Options Menu" .
Then "Boot From Mass Storage" from the next menu options .

I copied my system files from my HD boot partition to an SFS2 formatted USB stick and was able to successfully cold boot from it by using the "Boot From Mass Storage" UBOOT menu.

Quote:
As the X5000 Bootloader code is on the Uboot MicroSD card You can make an Emergency Boot USB Stick for the X5000 by simply doing a raw copy of the X5000 CD .iso image to a usb stick.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'doing a raw copy'. Do you mean copy the the X5000 CD .iso file to the USB stick or the files from the .iso image to the USB stick?

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xenic

Yes copy the .iso .

SYS:Utilities/RawDisk from AmigaOneX5000InstallCD-53.25.iso to USB0:

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre
Do you succefully made usb-boot image for x5k ? I just write iso to the usb0 via rawdisk , all shows up on workbench fine (just like when i insert CD), but then, when i go to the boot menu of x5k, and choice "Boot Options/ Boot From Mass Storage", i have just words "Running Mass Storage Boot", and then X5000> prompt, without anything else.

"usb storage" show me that i have my 8gb usb stick attached.

If i tryied "usbboot device 0" , then i have "**** Unknown image type" words, but that probabaly because if want to boot somehow differently in compare how it should be done when "Running Mass Storage Boot" should work..

If use something like "usb device 0:1" , i then have "** No partition table - usb 0 **".

Strange why it didn't works from menu ..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kas1e

Can't rember the exact details as this was over 1 year ago and My X5000 has been in for repairs for a couple of months now so cant refresh my memory .

I think that at some point my graphics card may have had issue with the RadeonHD driver version on the CD image so I made a custom boot usb sfs drive that used massstorage rather than the CD file system.

To boot that option would go to the Uboot command prompt and do
usb reset
boota

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Spectre
Quote:

usb reset
boota