Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Support us!

Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25)

Re: Enhancer Bug thread
Home away from home
@nbache

Nor here, SGrab and X-Dock respond to the RAmiga-H combo only when their windows are active.

There nearest I can get is when SGrab becomesa ctive after hiding X-Dock or vice verca then if I hold Ramiga and click H twice both will close, so a keyboard bounce *might* cause this issue in certain circumstances.

X-Dock 1.x auto activated the window this might also cause focus issues, X-Dock 2 (for which I take the blame ) never does this.

X-Dock 2 has a commodity active to handle mouse overs of the icons, but does not have a hotkey set, so there should not be any issues in case the user had manually programmed hotkeys that clashed.

Just popping in
From Finland
The Clock v.53.29 can cause a problem with MUI programs when dragging objects, resulting in a system freeze. If I open the clock on WB screen in analog (with arms) mode, and then open e.g. YAM and try to drag an attacment of a mail message to a disk, I get a system freeze (mouse and keyboard do not work, the clock stops). Also Odyssey shows similar problems. This issue is 100% reproducible in my X5000.

If I change the clock mode to analog or go back to v. 53.21 Clock, the problem dissappears completely.

According to the analysis of Thore Böckelman (http://muidev.de/ticket/431), the new clock version seems to use for unknown reason 'global screen locking', which causes a conflict with MUI programs used on the same screen. I'm not programmer, so please have a look in that ticket to see more details! There are also a couple of workarounds mentioned in it.

Report Go to top

Home away from home
@Gregor

I've been asked to look at this, I can confirm that the lockup occurs when draging an MUI element after a couple of ticks of the clock.

It only occirs when compositing effects are of *off* on the screen. It also doers not occur with the X-Dock Cloak.dockapp (which uses the same underlying gadget).

Thor makes reference to "global screen locking" as there is no such thing I guess he means one of

LockIBase
LockScreen
LockScreenGI
LockLayers

but Clock calls none of these.

Whilst I have registered at the MUIDev site there is a delay authorising my account so can't post this there, if you could ask him for clarification on the above that would be very helpful.

Quite a regular
@broadblues

X-Dock shows a little graphics glitch here on X1000. It only appears when selecting "rounded corners" in the X-Dock preferences.

Resized Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8uzqvvps3vv ... 6_10-Apr-20-09h43m18s.jpg

AmigOS4.1FEu1, RadeonHD v3.7.

Report Go to top

Quite a regular
@broadblues
@AmigaKit

Minor issue:

When set to the "digital" mode, the clock v53.29 does not reflect the Locale setting for the date, even if the option "Settings/Date and time format/locale" is selected.

For testing purposes I have set my country to "Austria" the date format in Workbench is similar to the ISO 8601 Date format: "2020-04-10" but Clock displays it as "Friday, 10. April 2020"

Report Go to top

Quite a regular
@Amigo1

I see that glitch if I use a 16 bit screen.
Goes away with a 32 bit screen.

Cheers

Report Go to top

Quite a regular
@TiredOfLife

You are right, thanks for hint! :)

I exclusively used 32bit screens until recently, I switched to 16bit because I was tired of the monitors switching times when using AmiCygnix..

Report Go to top

Not too shy to talk
From Lecco, Italy
@Amigo1,
with the last AmiCygnix version you can use a 32 bit screen, though it's a 16 bit screen converted on fly to a 32 bit one so it's slower than a 16 bit one

Report Go to top

Home away from home
From a dying planet
@broadblues

Not sure if it's possible, so i'll post here first before opening a FR.

MultiEdit 1.12 (05.03.2019)

Sometimes i got really long text line with no line breaks (i.e. c&p from websites) and i have to manually set linebreaks to make them readable from within Notepad/MultiEdit, since both programs simply print the line as long as it is, which makes it hard to read and edit.
A workaround would be to use MultiView(er), but i cannot edit the text there.

My question would be, is it possible to add an option to MultiEdit to set linebreaks automatically at a given position, f.e. on column 80, and let MultiEdit figure out where to set the breaks for the whole text?

I'd be happy with a simple "word-breaking" mechanism (set the break between full words, but always respect the maximum column setting), but if it's doable a "word-splitter" would be neat as well (split words in "half" were allowed, while still maintaining the maximum column setting, e.g. astro-nomy).

edit:
It's more or less "word-wrapping" but not "as-you-type" but performed on a load text.

And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
   Report Go to top

Quite a regular
@AmigaKit

X-Dock 2.42 does not allow to change the screenmode, I alway get a "Intuition is attempting to reset the Workbench screen. Please close all windows, except drawers" notification.

AmiDock behaves better and automatically quits and reopens after the screen mode change.

Report Go to top

Quite a regular
From Donostia (SPAIN)
@Amigo1

Maybe is some updated appdock.
Try to launch X-Dock with a "minimal" items set (or just if possible with none, just X-Dock)

Report Go to top

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25)

[Advanced Search]