Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

FryingPan "repair disk" problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
When I use the "repair disk" button

A message appears:
Assertion Failed, Please report
Condition: false
Occurence: Drive.cpp.line 574
Unsupported command

and the "repairing disk" mention remains even if you use an other tab, or even after a reboot.

I did find the author's mail adress & sent him a mail about this (amongst other matters)

Can this problem be confirmed?

Got an answer from the author Tomasz Wiszkowsky

Quote:
One thing I can tell you, though, is that not all commands are available on all optical devices or discs. This oftentimes depends on a combination of both (and, well, the type of the damage, too). It is very likely that the recorder/disc/damage combination is impossible to repair using the repair button.

He is not able anymore since the release of the source to continue working on it. Hope somebody will take this up.

As Amidvd wants a formatted dvd, and FryingPan seems to be the only program allowing to do this formatting there is a real need for it
Maybe drop Amidvd and work on FryingPan is a good idea?

On my system anyway amiDVD is not working and FryingPan did the job really well . Only point : its gui's might be improved, so that simple things also are found easily (eg burning an ISO image)

Edited by JosDuchIt on 2015/2/1 15:03:22
Edited by JosDuchIt on 2015/2/2 11:12:36
Edited by JosDuchIt on 2015/2/2 11:14:58
Go to top

Register To Post