Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 91

outlawal2, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »
Re: Amistore launch day today. Any signs?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
i notice Amiwebview2 and Amiphoto are available, I already have registered copies of these programs, have they been updated or optimized for OS4.1?

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Username and password not accepted. PM sent to AmigaKit on AW.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ddni

I have it installed and it looks good but how do I create an account?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Sicky : maybe read the whole thread

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sicky

Please use the same username/password combination that you have for the RadeonHD driver download.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TrevorDick

Thank you for the purchase

Are you sure that SysMon is missing, I just redownloaded zTools from AMIStore. For me SysMon is in Utilities Drawer. Not for you ?

Resized Image

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

I purchased Ranger, but it doesn't let me download it.

An error message comes up:

Download Error: the product files have not been found on the server.

An error report has been sent to the system administrator for investigation.

Thanks a lot

Edited by Raziel on 2014/11/11 10:25:50
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
VAT needs to be calculated at end depending on where the user lives. Users outside EU do not pay the VAT.

In which case list either all prices for each country or a worst case scenario.

The user is NOT interested in ex VAT prices but the total they are going to pay. All pricing should be VAT inclusive and not leave nasty surprises for after you have ordered.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit

Some things i found using AMIStore (which you probably already know anyway)

1) Friend requests are not alerted, that is, you don't get any feedback from AMIStore if there is one pending.
2) The friends window doesn't update itself, even if another user has accepted or denied a request (one has to logout/quit and restart/login to trigger an update to that page)
3) The comments window doesn't accept special chars like ` and some others. Also one can't trigger a new line with ENTER.
4) On purchasing the products PayPal never completely returned the finalizing of the transaction to AMIStore. (i even clicked on "Return to AEon, which it did - was a blank page with the icons on top, though). It just sat there with it's endless loop saying "Waiting for finalizing the purchase. Please finish in browser window" (something like that). I needed to close down the AMIStore Shopping Bag and open it again to make it accept the purchase.

That were the things i discovered, other than those it's quite slick, thank you .-)

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amigakit

Thanks for getting it out on time!
I am surprised that none of the beta testers picked up on some of the bigger issues though... I think you need some new recruits LOL.

In our small world, getting it out there for feedback is the best way forward. Holding things back to gold plate them just leads to delays and feature creep.

Hopefully all of us realise that our constructive criticism will make us part of building a better program, whilst pointless moaning will just piss off the person who gave up his family time to get the thing out of the door!

One small suggestion (that may already exist?) is to have an about the author tab in each description and possibly a link to their AmiStore profile.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@zzd10h

I will download again tomorrow.

BTW Epsilon wrote up a nice blog about his AMIstore experience:-

http://amigax1000.blogspot.co.nz/2014 ... and-new-applications.html

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Now that Ranger is being sold separately, does that mean it will no longer be included with AmigaOS?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Trying to register to Amisphere...No matter how long and complicated password I set it says "try more secure password" plus it did not instal in a different location than Utilities.
Is it written in Holywood?

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

i logged with my old user and password from aeon radeonhd driver but when i try to purchase the radeonhd2.4 it doesn't give me a discount upgrade price, for testing i tried to purchase also the radeonhd1.0 (that i've already had) and it wants the whole price, probably it doesn't check well my old account and what i bought in the past months... i discovered it doesn't accept long email in user account and it cut my user name too.

Edited by sofistisoftware on 2014/11/11 15:53:01
Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amigakit

i've just purchased ZTools, you told us the VAT value should be that in my country but it added 20%, here in Italy is 22%, another thing when an EU person buy in foreign EU countries he/she must pay the VAT from the country that sell the products and not the VAT where he/she lives and if i'm a company i don't have to pay the VAT, in conclusion you should apply on the site the final prices included UK VAT, another thing you DON'T apply paypal fee, as paypal say it's NOT allowed to apply the transaction fee, it's on the seller's company, the last thing Amistore has a lot of bugs, i know it's a beta but it seems an alpha version, i'm sorry.

Edited by sofistisoftware on 2014/11/11 15:56:25
Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sofistisoftware

-----
i've just purchased ZTools, you told us the VAT value should be that in my country but it added 20%, here in Italy is 22%, another thing when an EU person buy in foreign EU countries he/she must pay the VAT from the country that sell the products and not the VAT where he/she lives and if i'm a company i don't have to pay the VAT, in conclusion you should apply on the site the final prices included UK VAT,.....

-----

This is no fully correct, there was a change last time for onlineshops in the EU. If the product only a download( eg. software) then you pay the VAT-rate from the (EU)country were you live and the shop must transfer the VAT to the your country.

But the VAT rate is irrelevant for a "normal" customer, because the shop must show the price inclusive VAT.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
A few things to Iron out, to be sure but the site looks slick and i was able to buy a couple of items with Paypal without any problems. Yes the return to
Amistore stuck for me too but tbh that happens with a lot of websites.
Thankyou Trevor and all his team, your hard work is much appreciated here.
I would like to know what the situation will be regarding previously registered and purchased software will be considering we have already made signifcant investments at the time of puchase regarding such software. If it is the case that the software on Amistore has been optimised or upgraded for OS 4.1 then i see no reason not to charge a small sum for it for example Personal Paint. But if it is old software added to the site to sell then i would like to see a way indicating that the software has been already registered, and not incur a charge for it

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Got a bug with Amistore and/or Odyssey.

I set URL in prefs to use Odyssey as default browser.
Amistore opens Odyssey ok, but the url is not copied across. Odyssey simply shows about:blank

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
On purchasing the products PayPal never completely returned the finalizing of the transaction to AMIStore. (i even clicked on "Return to AEon, which it did - was a blank page with the icons on top, though). It just sat there with it's endless loop saying "Waiting for finalizing the purchase. Please finish in browser window" (something like that). I needed to close down the AMIStore Shopping Bag and open it again to make it accept the purchase.

I got the same. Then I went back to the shopping bag and pressed the purchase button again. It asked if I want to pay using the AmiStore balance or some other way so I selected the AmiStore balance because it had the same amount as the two items I payed via Paypal. Then it loaded something and displayed my purchase history but didn't download the files. I double clicked the items I just bought and then it started downloading them. So using AmiStore requires a little bit of getting more familiar with it how it works.

I do agree with the others that it would be nice if AmiStore showed the price with VAT and other costs (in all places). If anybodys Paypal account has small amount of money then you have to estimate if it's enough to buy something you want. Now I'll have to go to top up my Paypal account a little bit.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ddni

In AmigaOS URL Prefs:

Have you got it activated under the HTTPS tab?

Active | Client Name | Client Path | Commandline Format
[/] | ODYSSEY | APPDIR:ODDYSSEY | "*"http://%s*""

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »