Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

2 serious problems with YAM 2.9p1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm using YAM since years, and the latest stable release (2.9p1) since April of this year, but the last days I have some annoying problems.

1) All that time I used to run YAM on a different screen (not on the Workbench). When I decided to run YAM on the Workbench screen and tried to attach a file in a new email I got always an ASL error requester, which does not happen if I run YAM on another screen.

2) It's three days now that I cannot send an attached email from YAM. Although I can send simple emails without any files attached, but when I try to attach anything it just brings an empty error message. I don't know if that has to do with YAM or my email provider (in that case Yahoo). So I'm asking first if another member here uses Yahoo and if he has the same behaviour.

Any ideas for the other problems?

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Re: 2 serious problems with YAM 2.9p1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Phantom
I had a similar problem... after deleting all Yam files form env-archive and reseitng AOS problem is gone...No more ASL error request.

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

I am using Yahoo and I have not this problem.
I suggest you to reinstall yam in a new fresh directory.
As some people will tell you, you will use yam debug and write a post in the yam site.
My second suggestion is to use snoopdos to see if the error does not come from a mui library. (Have you all the last mui libraries?).

Hope you'll find a solution.

Since a lot of months without an amiga to love, I was lost.
Now I feel happiness again with a Sam Flex 800 .
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ VooDoo

What YAM files from Env-Archive actually? I don't see nothing related to YAM there.

@yescop

I used SnoopDOS but nothing suspicious shown up, and all my MUI libs are up to date. The second problem is strange, because it worked normal 2 days ago, and without installing anything else.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Phantom

In Env-Archive/MUI there are a YAM.cfg file and a YAM.prefs file for MUI screens.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Phantom,

In anticipation of me having YAM trubs I looked in Env-Archive on my system and found YAM files in the "mui" drawer.

YAM.config

YAM.prefs

Edit.

Beat me to it "Valiant" :)

Regards, Michael

aka rockape

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to 'Their Country' for an amount of 'up to and including their life'.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks guyz, that fixed the problem, but the other problem still remains. I can send a simple email to everyone, but when it is attached with any file YAM refuses to send it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

How do you expect any valuable help if you don't provide any details? You say something about an error requester, but you what does it show? You say YAM refuses to send a mail with attachments, but you don't say in which way it refuses to send it. This is the typical "it doesn't work" kind of bug report.

Regarding the ASL error requester, this was reported earlier already. So far nobody dared to check the latest nightly builds which include an error number. Instead people like to workaround the issue by deleting arbitrary files instead of grabbing the issue by its root. This is the perfect way to ensure that the bug will remain in YAM (if it should be a bug of YAM) and that it will arise over and over again for other people. Really, this isn't how bugs should be handled.

Finally, YAM has a bug tracker at http://bugs.yam.ch for exactly this purpose: reporting bugs. Use it!

Why stop it now, just when I am hating it?

Thore Böckelmann
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Thore

Before creating a new ticket each time I thought that asking first is a better idea, maybe it was something that I missed or configured it badly, so why opening irrelevant bug tickets everytime?

About my second problem with that attached emails I downloaded and tried the latest nightly build but to no avail. Either I opened a ticket to YAM.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

Quote:
Before creating a new ticket each time I thought that asking first is a better idea, maybe it was something that I missed or configured it badly, so why opening irrelevant bug tickets everytime?

Not reporting bugs at all is by far worse than opening irrelevant tickets. In particular this applies for the ASL error requester. So far we got no information about what is causing it. We only know how to get rid of it, but this is not a solution. This is curing the symptoms, not the cause.

And keep in mind that we cannot pay attention to all available forums just to scan them for possible reports of bugs or other questions.

Quote:
About my second problem with that attached emails I downloaded and tried the latest nightly build but to no avail. Either I opened a ticket to YAM.

Thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay it seems that it is not YAM's fault in the first place, I tried SimpleMail and I have the same problems.

Although I tried Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro and everything is working fine, so I guess that I'm missing something in AmigaOS?

Also I cannot login into www.yahoo.gr anymore via OWB. It gives a problem loading page which says "server returned nothing (no headers, no data)".

Any help on this one?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
So it seems a network problem.
And does it work with Ibrowse or Netsurf?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I deleted OWB cache and cookies completely, and it worked for a while, but after that nothing. Anyway, I switched to my internet provider email account and so far so good.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Phantom

That sounds very similar to the issue I started to get when I upgarde my connection to ADLS 2 but kept my ADSL router. Lrger request would fail, usually with facebook and large accumulations of cookies.

One I upgraded the router all work fine again.

Go to top

Register To Post