Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

MacLikeDock
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
In one word : Wonderfull ! try it now ! you won't be disappointed !

http://www.os4depot.net/?function=sho ... workbench/maclikedock.lha

Go to top
Re: MacLikeDock
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

I wish that people would add screenshots when they upload these things. SGrab is freely available.

Hans

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
How can i edit the icon " start hot zone " ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

You do not need to edit the "StartHotZone" icon at all. However, the "WBStartupHotZone" (the file you place in your WBStartup drawer) is simply a text file that you can edit with NotePad or any text editor.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans
Taking a screenshot of a fast animated icon was neigh on impossible with SGrab but I managed one.

Will upload to the image section.

This is one very nice program, PEB should be conratulated. Users should consider a small donation to keep his interest high!

Cheers
ace

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
It's a shame about the bloat of hollywood apps but I suppose that's what you get for using multimedia presentation software for making apps.

eg. your 'small clock' is nearly twice the size of the native dopus4 and MacLikeDoc is even bigger <shudder>.

Hollywood needs some serious optimization routines to strip down to the bare essentials need for an app to run (and os4 icon supprt) otherwise we're going to end up with windows style resouce hogging.

Once it gets optimization I'll probably buy a copy to use until AmiBlitz goes native

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin

You don't like the application that did PEB or you don't like Hollywood ??

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

It would help if hollywood's multimedia core was separated into a library rather than embedded into every compiled executable. I'd also like to see a C interface so that normal applications can make use of all the stuf Hollywood has to offer.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

Hans wrote:
@Severin

It would help if hollywood's multimedia core was separated into a library rather than embedded into every compiled executable. I'd also like to see a C interface so that normal applications can make use of all the stuf Hollywood has to offer.

Hans

A 'player' is planned and therefore even the current version of the compiler/linker can make hollywood aplets.
I have just made a little test with the following results:

test_app compiled for OS4 944180 bytes
test_app platform independent applet 8764 bytes

The player will solve the problem of the application size, but not the memory footprint.

Don't forget that Hollywood is a multimedia authoring tool above all.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

I dislike the SIZE of the files hollywood prodruces, not hollywood or PEBs apps.

I agree a shared library is what is needed and far better than a 'player' just to save having to have a player running for each app.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@lazi

Quote:

lazi wrote:
@Hans

Quote:

Hans wrote:
@Severin

Hans

A 'player' is planned and therefore even the current version of the compiler/linker can make hollywood aplets.
I have just made a little test with the following results:

test_app compiled for OS4 944180 bytes
test_app platform independent applet 8764 bytes

The player will solve the problem of the application size, but not the memory footprint.

Don't forget that Hollywood is a multimedia authoring tool above all.

Good to hear. The memory footprint will be reduced for situations where multiple hollywood apps are running. Is this player a beta, or part of the new Hollywood 2.5?

Hans

EDIT: I assumed that the player would act as a shared lib. If a new copy of the player was opened for each Hollywood app, then the memory footprint won't be reduced after all.

Edited by Hans on 2007/3/25 20:37:43
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

I agree, the size of Hollywood apps are surprisingly large when compiled. (Uncompiled, they are pretty small).

Thankfully, though their sizes would qualify them as being "bloated," Hollywood apps do still seem to run fast enough; and Hollywood is simply a fantastic program for easy coding/scripting of applications that have some nice eye-candy connected with them. I highly recommend Hollywood 2.5 to anyone even somewhat interested in creating such things---you will not be disappointed (unless file sizes approaching 1 meg make you shudder).

@All

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'll try to release another version soon that uses some of the suggestions that I've received so far.

___ Paul ___

Edit:
BTW, I just uploaded a new and improved (though still bloated) version of CornerClock (1.2). Enjoy!

Edit 2:
I just uploaded a new version of Mac-Like Dock (1.1). This version adds the option for a slower rotation, and fixes the problem of deactivating the selected program after launch.

Edited by PEB on 2007/3/25 22:27:58
Edited by PEB on 2007/3/26 1:52:21
Go to top

Register To Post