Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 17 »
Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
I just add you to admins group, so feel free to restructure anything we all need.

O.K. I'll take a look at the possibilities as soon as I get a chance.

Quote:
Btw, i currently trying to build os3 version of dopus5 on my winuae setup, and so far already build dopus5.library, filetype.module and almost finish with main binary.

That's a good start. If you can get it to build in winuae then I would assume the next step would be to convert it to compile with GCC for OS3. Getting it to run might be a different matter. So far I count 27 system patches and lots of assembler routines. Unfortunately, I only have a PPC Amiga and my 68k GG compiler stopped working as of OS 4.1.

Quote:
Btw, how can i un-iconify back from "button iconify" mode ? With plain iconify its enough to press RMB on top bar, but seems from button-iconify mode it didn't works.

If you click the close gadget you should get a requester asking if you want to quit or uniconify. If you don't then you need to uncheck the "Configuration/Operation/General/Don't ask before quit" item and save the config. The button and window iconify methods are outdated. You can now iconify to a Workbench icon or AmiDock icon (or both I think). A number of users who have been using Dopus4 for 15+ years get upset when Dopus4 is changed to work differently than it always did. I would have preferred to remove a lot of old stuff but I'm leaving it the way it is.
If you want to iconify in a more modern way then change "Configuration/System/Clocks/When iconified..." item to "An AppIcon". You can add it to AmiDock by activating the "DOCKY" Tooltype in the Dopus4 icon.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Quote:

That's a good start. If you can get it to build in winuae then I would assume the next step would be to convert it to compile with GCC for OS3.

Or at least just build working os3 version in which fix the bugs which prevent to use it on os4. At least that can be faster and can give something usable right now. We can add some debugging printfs and even debug where os3 version sucked up. And while ppls will have working os3 versions, we can start to rewrite it to gcc and so on.

Quote:

Getting it to run might be a different matter. So far I count 27 system patches and lots of assembler routines. Unfortunately, I only have a PPC Amiga and my 68k GG compiler stopped working as of OS 4.1.

Those assembler routines mostly nothing: there is about 5 of the same ones called "lsprintf.asm" (same size, same code), which of course pretty easy to replace on C one, and the other ones are:

anim_asm.asm
functions.asm
getusage.asm
subproc_a4.asm
assembly.asm
rotate.asm

All of them very small and well comented (and most of them can be disabled for first build at all).

For me is much more important those 27 system patches about which you told. How you search them ? Some usuall functions ?

Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 15:32:10
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
lovely reading guys! nail the sucker!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ok, os3 version fully builds !

There is an archive with all the stuff, +it contain dopus5-debug binary , which may be helpfull.

I test it on my os3 setup already: it works. Yeah !

On os4 it starts and works, through give DSIs when i spawn new Lister.

Tested it for now in all the areas, seems works on 70% everythere. At least all settings (bring truecolor backdrops, set filetypes, scripts, screenmodes, icon settings (with those ones i see that something wrong with icons format), etc) works fine. But have freeze when do "select theme", also something wrong with topbar of the screen, etc. I.e. there is for sure something to fix, but first need to make listers to works.

Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 15:50:02
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
great work kas1!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
I test it on my os3 setup already: it works. Yeah !

Good work! I wonder if your OS3 version works on MOS. We already knew there would be some problems using it with OS4.

Quote:
Tested it for now in all the areas, seems works on 70% everythere. At least all settings (bring truecolor backdrops, set filetypes, scripts, screenmodes, icon settings (with those ones i see that something wrong with icons format), etc) works fine. But have freeze when do "select theme", also something wrong with topbar of the screen, etc. I.e. there is for sure something to fix, but first need to make listers to works.

It could be a system patch issue (or not). It would be interresting to know if your compiled version works on a classic (68k) Amiga.

Quote:
Those assembler routines mostly nothing: there is about 5 of the same ones called "lsprintf.asm" (same size, same code), which of course pretty easy to replace on C one,

Don't be too quick at replacing lsprintf.asm with C funnctions. Some of those assembler routines also contain other assembler functions that are not part of the lsprintf function. The Dopus lsprintf function uses the exec RawDoFmt ()function which calls a locale.library function once Locale is loaded and running. The function in locale.library handles the string characters that are used in languages other than English. I don't know if the C library string functions are localized and can work in the same way. Since I can't really help with the OS3 compile you are working on, I'll take a look at some of the assembler functions to see if I can convert them to C. For some it may take a 68k assembler expert.

Quote:
For me is much more important those 27 system patches about which you told. How you search them ? Some usuall functions ?

Look in the Library code and check out wb.c and dos_patch.c. Most of the patches may only be for WorkBench replacemant mode. If that's the case it might be possible to get Dopus working in non-replacement mode without dealing with any patch issues.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic
Quote:

I wonder if your OS3 version works on MOS. We already knew there would be some problems using it with OS4.

Yeah, i test that build on MOS for now: it works. Listers opens fine and works, no crashes or problems which arise on os4.

Quote:

It would be interresting to know if your compiled version works on a classic (68k) Amiga.

If you mean in general: yeah,i test it on os3 and it works. But if you mean those small bugs: nope, on os3 i didn't have them. I can do "load theme" and so on. But its all expectable of course, those small bugs will need to address later.

Quote:

Since I can't really help with the OS3 compile you are working on, I'll take a look at some of the assembler functions to see if I can convert them to C. For some it may take a 68k assembler expert.

That will be a good start ! I can just then grab C versions and include to os3 build, to see, if they works fine.

@all
Currently i trying to find out the roots of opening-lister crashes, and so far i hope i pretty close already (but help of amiga-coders-experts is need it of course :) ):

Code structured like this: Once we choice "Lister/New" in dopus5 menu, lister_new() function is called from lister.c. But its just simply IPC_Launch -> in end of lister_new() we have such kind of code:

// Start lister process

if (!(IPC_Launch(
        &
GUI->lister_list,
        &
ipc,

"dopus_lister",
        (
ULONG)lister_code,

STACK_DEFAULT,
        (
ULONG)lister,(struct Library *)DOSBase)))
    {
        if (!
ipclister_free(lister);
        return 
0;
    }

I.e. actuall code is "lister_code()".

lister_code() are placed in the lister_proc.c file, which inside have lister_open(), which placed in the lister_window.c file. But lister_code() not only call lister_open(), its in general main code with all the loops and stuff: that involve timing, icon, appmessage, reply to messages and handle answers from, and so on. lister_open() its just some crap like making actual window, idcmps, and so on, whicle lister_code() are our main mess (imho).

So, that "main" lister_code() structured like this:

Lister *lister;
IPCMessage *lmsg;
struct IntuiMessage *imsg;
DOpusAppMessage *amsg;
short pending_quit=0;
struct MinList sniff_list;

some_other_init_code;

FOREVER

{

Go an icon drag timer?

Busy request returned?

Periodic timer return

intuition messages
   Application messages
   Icon notification
   commands 
(in some of them lister_open() is called if need it).

IPC_Reply(lmsg);

check_on_exit(), etc and continue or exit
  }

some_cleanup_code;

I.e. code in FOREVER works like while() , and "commands" its all usuall stuff with CASE balblabl: break.

Sooo.. once we run dopus5, and spawn a lister, code do:

lister_new()->lister_code->Loop_with_all_the_crap->open_lister_from_IPC_Show_with_Lister_Open->replyMSG

Firstly on running of lister, all the code from FOREVER passes fine and debug prinfs brings:

before Go an icon drag timer?
before Busy request returned?
before Periodic timer return
before intuition messages
before Application messages
before Icon notification
before commands

Then prinfs brings that we are in the

case IPC_SHOW:

LISTER_OPEN:
lister_open() + some small settings for ..
      break;

and lister_open() from that happens (there is also another places where lister_open() can be called, but first one, after which we already will have dsi, happens in that CASE).

At this moment, visually, lister already opens, but but with no actual content inside. (only borders, top bar, etc).

So i firstly prinfs/delays all the code in the IPC_SHOW/LISTER_OPEN: nothing. Then, i go to the place what happens after break from, and that is:

IPC_Reply(lmsg);

(almost at the end of lister_code function, and almost end of FOREVER loop).

And i just add such stuff:

printf("we are before IPC_Reply(lmsg)\n");                
Delay(500);
IPC_Reply(lmsg);
printf("we are after IPC_Reply(lmsg)\n");                
Delay(500);

And what is interesting, is that after all that initial/first code happens, and it breaks from IPC_SHOW/IPC_LISTER, it prinfs/do that:

we are before IPC_Reply(lmsg)
we are after IPC_Reply(lmsg)

BANG !! BANG !! DSI !

we are after IPC_Reply(lmsg).

and then we finish whole FOREVER loop, and continue from begining (but already crashes, we continue to see new prinfs because its running in different process).

So, its something with messages (?). I through do not know why it reply 4 times instead of 1 (its is ok?), and why it crashes at all, on second reply (on first one is ok). I can assume that there should be only 1 reply, and because of that it crashes on second one, but i am not expecrt in messages, so dunno..

If anyone will take a look at the code, then IPC_Reply() together with all other IPC related stuff define in the include/dopus/ipc.h , and some ipc related code in the library/ipc.c

Btw, what is intersting, is when i add Delays there and there, i even sometime can ignore DSIs and have spawned lister:

Resized Image

But i think that kind of understanable : ipc + messages => delays can make differences visually. + That can make us think, that if it spawns sometime, then problem not in lister code itself, but in that IPC / messaging crap and whole FOREVER loop.

I remember there was such kind of problems for me when i do bad loops with messages in my warp3d mags (the same loop, the same answering on messages, etc). And while on os3/mos it was ok even with "wrong" code, on os4 it give kind of the same problems with DSIs and crashes..

Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:23:04
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:23:34
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:24:22
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:26:36
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:27:34
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:28:39
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:30:52
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:31:33
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 20:34:09
Edited by kas1e on 2012/12/20 21:37:39
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yeah! Good progress kazoo1e!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spot
Checking for now how all the other parts of dopus5 done, and they all done like this, and those IPC_Reply and co uses all the time. But by some reassons for listers it sucked up.. Maybe some more flags, or overloading by that "saveds varags a0/a1/a2" #OOPS# :)

ps. good news, Jens Langner step in as well to works on dopus5.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@lsprintf

Quote:

Quote:

Those assembler routines mostly nothing: there is about 5 of the same ones called "lsprintf.asm" (same size, same code), which of course pretty easy to replace on C one,

Don't be too quick at replacing lsprintf.asm with C funnctions. Some of those assembler routines also contain other assembler functions that are not part of the lsprintf function. The Dopus lsprintf function uses the exec RawDoFmt ()function which calls a locale.library function once Locale is loaded and running. The function in locale.library handles the string characters that are used in languages other than English. I don't know if the C library string functions are localized and can work in the same way. Since I can't really help with the OS3 compile you are working on, I'll take a look at some of the assembler functions to see if I can convert them to C. For some it may take a 68k assembler expert.

utility.library contains SNPrint() which is a localised snprintf. Most sensible would be to use that.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

So, its something with messages (?). I through do not know why it reply 4 times instead of 1 (its is ok?), and why it crashes at all, on second reply (on first one is ok). I can assume that there should be only 1 reply, and because of that it crashes on second one, but i am not expecrt in messages, so dunno..

Assuming we are talking standard exec message then you can't reply it more than once. I'm not 100% sure but I think replying the msg Add it to the reply posrt exec list. clearly add a node to a list that is allready part of the list without removeing it first will do Bad Things.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Broadblues: maybe you should get yourself involved? =)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Kas1e,

What is the value defined for the STACK_DEFAULT constant?
Maybe it's just a stack issue?

What does the crash log look like?

A1-XE-G4 7455/933 - 2GB RAM - OS4.1 beta - Radeon 9200-256
Audigy2 - ESI Julia - Solo1 - X10 (cm11a) - WiFi (WAP11) - 2x80GB HDD
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
Quote:

Assuming we are talking standard exec message then you can't reply it more than once. I'm not 100% sure but I think replying the msg Add it to the reply posrt exec list.

As i see those IPC ones are standard exec messages, just a bit overloaded by stuff: see how include/dopus/ipc.h looks like:

#ifndef _DOPUS_IPC
#define _DOPUS_IPC

/*****************************************************************************

Inter-process communication

*****************************************************************************/

// IPC message
typedef struct {

struct Message    msg;            // Exec message

ULONG        command;        // Message command

ULONG        flags;            // Message flags

APTR        data;            // Message data

APTR        data_free;        // Data to be FreeVec()ed automatically

struct _IPC    *sender;        // Sender IPC
IPCMessage;

#define REPLY_NO_PORT        (struct MsgPort *)-1    // Sync msg, no port supplied
#define REPLY_NO_PORT_IPC    (struct MsgPort *)-2    // Sync msg from a non-IPC process

// IPC process
typedef struct _IPC {

struct MinNode        node;

struct Process        *proc;        // Process pointer

IPCMessage        startup_msg;    // Startup message

struct MsgPort        *command_port;    // Port to send commands to

struct ListLock        *list;        // List we're a member of

APTR            userdata;

APTR            memory;        // Memory

struct MsgPort        *reply_port;    // Port for replies

ULONG            flags;        // Flags
IPCData;

#define IPCDATA(ipc)        ((APTR)ipc->userdata)
#define SET_IPCDATA(ipc,data)    ipc->userdata=(APTR)data

// Used in the stack paramter for IPC_Launch
#define IPCF_GETPATH        (1<<31)        // Want copy of path list
#define IPCM_STACK(s)        (s&0xffffff)    // Mask out stack value

// Pre-defined commands
enum {

IPC_COMMAND_BASE=0x8000000,

IPC_STARTUP,                // Startup command

IPC_ABORT,                // Abort!

IPC_QUIT,                // Quit process

IPC_ACTIVATE,                // Activate process

IPC_HELLO,                // Something saying hello

IPC_GOODBYE,                // Something saying goodbye

IPC_HIDE,                // Process, hide thyself

IPC_SHOW,                // Tell process to reveal itself

IPC_RESET,                // Process should reset

IPC_HELP,                // Help!

IPC_NEW,                // Create something new

IPC_GOT_GOODBYE,            // Got goodbye from something

IPC_IDENTIFY,                // Identify yourself

IPC_PRIORITY,                // Change your priority to this

IPC_REMOVE,                // Remove yourself
};

// Pre-defined signals
#define IPCSIG_HIDE        SIGBREAKF_CTRL_D
#define IPCSIG_SHOW        SIGBREAKF_CTRL_E
#define IPCSIG_QUIT        SIGBREAKF_CTRL_F

ULONG IPC_Command(IPCData *,ULONG,ULONG,APTR,APTR,struct MsgPort *);
IPCData *IPC_FindProc(struct ListLock *,char *,BOOL,ULONG);
void IPC_Flush(IPCData *);
void IPC_Free(IPCData *);
long IPC_Launch(struct ListLock *,IPCData **,char *,ULONG,ULONG,ULONG,struct Library *);
void IPC_ListCommand(struct ListLock *,ULONG,ULONG,ULONG,BOOL);
IPCData *IPC_ProcStartup(ULONG *,ULONG (*__asm)(register __a0 IPCData *,register __a1 APTR));
void IPC_Reply(IPCMessage *);

#endif

Quote:

clearly add a node to a list that is allready part of the list without removeing it first will do Bad Things.

But it is works on os3 without probs back in past and works on mos still ?

@Spot
Quote:

Yeah indeed. Will be cool to fix right now that lister-crash, and bring working 68k version for all, and then we can works in chil mode, step by step rewriting/fixing crap.

@AlexC
Quote:

What is the value defined for the STACK_DEFAULT constant?
Maybe it's just a stack issue?

#define STACK_DEFAULT 6144

done like this everythere (i.e. in 3 files: config/configopus.h, library/dopuslib.h and programm/dopus.h)

I tryed to set 100000 for lister running in main run in lister.c => same DSI, same crashlog 1:1

Quote:

What does the crash log look like?

68k mess (because its 68k build for now), but here is:

Quote:

Crash log for task "dopus_function"
Generated by GrimReaper 53.6
Crash occured in module at address 0x7F692544
Type of crash: DSI (Data Storage Interrupt) exception

Register dump:
GPR (General Purpose Registers):
0: 01BDCBD8 641D7D84 67F08008 00000001 0000000C 00000000 6669ACA8 0000038A
8: 65234000 7F692528 80084109 00000000 00000000 7C004B78 01859754 00019FB0
16: 69191000 64119240 67ECCFB2 01859344 00000000 65463EC0 67F084B6 00000200
24: FFFFFFFF 00000001 00000200 00000000 67F084B6 00000000 68AD2560 68205F80

FPR (Floating Point Registers, NaN = Not a Number):
0: nan 0 0 0
4: 0 0 0 0
8: 0 1.67772e+07 1e+61 1e-59
12: 951 27 0 0
16: 0 0 0 0
20: 0 0 0 0
24: 1e+61 1e-59 0.5 4.5036e+15
28: nan 65536 1.67772e+07 0

FPSCR (Floating Point Status and Control Register): 0x00000000

SPRs (Special Purpose Registers):
Machine State (msr) : 0x0000F030
Condition (cr) : 0x40000000
Instruction Pointer (ip) : 0x7F692544
Xtended Exception (xer) : 0x20000000
Count (ctr) : 0x01860188
Link (lr) : 0x7F692528
DSI Status (dsisr) : 0x40000000
Data Address (dar) : 0x0000038A

680x0 emulated registers:
DATA: 00000001 0000000C 67F084B6 00000200 FFFFFFFF 00000001 00000200 00000000
ADDR: 663C6200 6669ACA8 00000000 FFFFFFFF 67F08008 68AD2560 68205F80 641D7D7C
FPU0: 0 0 0 0
FPU4: 0 0 0 0

Symbol info:
Instruction pointer 0x7F692544 belongs to module "" (HUNK/Kickstart)

Stack trace:

68k Stack trace:
65463ebe (68k IP) - "dopus5:libs/dopus5.library" Hunk 0003 Offset 0000bebe (SegList: 19519401)
00000000 - "SYS:System/GrimReaper" Hunk 0000 Offset 00000000 (SegList: 190c54f1)
0200ffff - "con-handler.kmod" Hunk 0002 Offset 0000061f
02000000 - "kernel" Hunk 0002 Offset 00000000
00000000 - "SYS:System/GrimReaper" Hunk 0000 Offset 00000000 (SegList: 190c54f1)
0183aee8 - "kernel" Hunk 0000 Offset 0003aee8
020a31c8 - "kernel" Hunk 0001 Offset 000431c8
020a2bc8 - "kernel" Hunk 0001 Offset 00042bc8
0181ebd0 - "kernel" Hunk 0000 Offset 0001ebd0
01811db8 - "kernel" Hunk 0000 Offset 00011db8
021b69a6 - "kernel" Hunk 0001 Offset 001569a6
020a2bc8 - "kernel" Hunk 0001 Offset 00042bc8
0182b6a4 - "kernel" Hunk 0000 Offset 0002b6a4
01bdd960 - "petunia.library.kmod" Hunk 0000 Offset 00002940
01bdd50c - "petunia.library.kmod" Hunk 0000 Offset 000024ec
01bdd8f4 - "petunia.library.kmod" Hunk 0000 Offset 000028d4

68k disassembly:
65463eb6: 4cdf7ce0 movem.l (sp)+,d5-d7/a2-a6
65463eba: defc001c adda.w #0x1c,sp
*65463ebe: 4e75 rts
65463ec0: 9efc0014 suba.w #0x14,sp
65463ec4: 48e7073c movem.l d5-d7/a2-a5,-(sp)

Its seems it crashes when do restore stack and trying back to some function via rts ? (if i remeber 68k asm right)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

#define STACK_DEFAULT 6144

Well that's rediculously small for a PPC system. push it up by a factor of ten.

Quote:

But it is works on os3 without probs back in past and works on mos still ?

So what? That could be for lots of reasons. Could be because 68k doesn't have memory protection so the bug is never caught. It could be because the bug isn't the replying message but else where causeing the message to be replied multiple times.

You are going about this the wrong way anyway. You should port the code to gcc and build a native version for your target, then you can really debug the thing. There's an outside chance you're really chasing a bug in petunia or something of that nature.
BTW Does blacklisting it make any difference?

Quote:

No thanks.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
Quote:

You are going about this the wrong way anyway. You should port the code to gcc and build a native version for your target, then you can really debug the thing.

Sure i will going that way if no one else will do it while i trying to fix os3 version, its just will take time for me (as i am no programmer in general). And will be not done tomorrow, or in 2 days. And as noone else even starts now, i from my side can try to fix with all your help os3 version to have it working , while work on rewriting it to gcc will going on.

Quote:

There's an outside chance you're really chasing a bug in petunia or something of that nature.

Even better, if bug in petunia, i know how contact with Rachy and while he works on Jit we have chance that he will fix it in petunia as well.

Quote:

BTW Does blacklisting it make any difference?

Tryed right now: same crash, just a bit different assembler (that is expected imho as we disable jit), and it looks now like:

movem.(sp)+, a2 a3
movea
.l 0x46e(a5), a0
tst.b 0x38a(a0)
beq.b 0x64d6afc2
movea
.l a0,a3

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
I rebuild everything with stack *100 just in case (i.e. library, main binary, etc), and multiply not only STACK_DEFAULT, but also STACK_LARGE (dopus5 have only them) - same crash 1:1

Ps. i wonder, if i can try to use os3 debuggers on os4 (like monam, inbuild sasc one, etc)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I have been successful in rebuilding Opus Magellan in SASC on OS4. SASC is fully Petunia compatible - there is no need to use UAE to build. Just be careful to add all the proper includes to user-startup and be careful not to overwrite any of the OS4 SDK paths (like bin).
It builds VERY fast on SASC in OS4.

Where did you put the delay to make the lister "sort of" work? i have tried adding small delays to lister.c in various places with no success.

I'm sure that like me you discovered you needed to add the executive sysinfo include files, as well as use NDK 3.9 and multiuser include files from Aminet to get Magellan to properly build. See my posts on Amigaworld.net about what includes I used.

Please keep us posted on what you find about the listers....I think the problem should be relatively easy to resolve. You are a lot more familiar with porting stuff to OS4 than I....
And I agree with your approach. You need to make sure you can rebuild a working version on Os3 before attempting to port it to a different compiler. To port it to a different compiler first adds too many unknowns right away.

Scott

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The code most be whered, way is it processing the same message twice?

Maybe you should put a PrintF at GetMsg and maybe print the hex address of msg at ReplyMsg() and at GetMsg().

And also way don't you set MSG to NULL after Reply, it might help.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ScottCabit
Quote:

I have been successful in rebuilding Opus Magellan in SASC on OS4. SASC is fully Petunia compatible - there is no need to use UAE to build. Just be careful to add all the proper includes to user-startup and be careful not to overwrite any of the OS4 SDK paths (like bin). It builds VERY fast on SASC in OS4.

For me everything setuped automatic and good: i have peg2 at one side, and notebook with winxp on another side, both in the network, both use the same shared resource. Winuae by itself also see those resource, and build directory of dopus5 are on that place as well. So i just by one hand type "smake" in winuae console, and after second have a ready to run binary which i already see on os4 in necessary place.

Quote:

Where did you put the delay to make the lister "sort of" work? i have tried adding small delays to lister.c in various places with no success.

It mostly happens by some lack few times, and after content showups, its all anyway crashes/freeze.

Quote:

I'm sure that like me you discovered you needed to add the executive sysinfo include files, as well as use NDK 3.9 and multuiuser include files from Aminet to get Magellan to properly build.

How else i can it build at all without ?:) Without all those includes it is unpossible to build it as it (only disabled those parts), so i of course use them.

And btw, anyone who told you there is no GST command lie: there is, but it just a script, which do:

cd ram:
sc:c/sc RESETOPTS NOMULTINCLUDES NOOBJECTNAME MGST=include:all.gst sc:source/all.c

Quote:

Please keep us posted on what you find about the listers....I think the problem should be relatively easy to resolve.

You can already see in that thread that problem seems no very easy one, as messages and crap involved. I already find out where crash happens, but it didn't help us much for now ..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 17 »