Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 87

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

telnetd not working
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've set up telnetd-2.0 according to instructions, but when I try to connect it gives me a 'Connection refused' error. I've run Snoopy trying to see if it fails anywhere, but everything looks good. Any ideas as to what's going wrong?

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Re: telnetd not working
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Valiant

I have tried to used telnetd and wasn't able to set it up correctly. I managed to be granted a login but nothing came after this (i.e. the telned console was empty).
I guess what you are missing is the AmiTCP: assign where telnetd is looking for some things... And also you should add a user into the file Devs:Internet/Users, this user should have a password and a shell.

I did this research because at one point I wanted to port a telnetd to OS4, but before the 68k version should work almost reliably to show a bit of feasability. But it was with no luck, especially when I could not be able to make the 68k version to work at all, I gave up the telnetd port

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

abalaban wrote:
@Valiant

I have tried to used telnetd and wasn't able to set it up correctly. I managed to be granted a login but nothing came after this (i.e. the telned console was empty).
I guess what you are missing is the AmiTCP: assign where telnetd is looking for some things... And also you should add a user into the file Devs:Internet/Users, this user should have a password and a shell.

Thanks for the suggestions, but as I said I've set up telnetd correctly with an AmiTCP: assign and a user entry in the Users files. I know others are using telnetd successfully, but I'm supposing that's with OS3.x. Has anyone successfully used telnetd-2.0 with OS4?

Valiant@Camelot
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Valiant
If there are sources available for that thing I may be interested making an OS4 native version. I could use a simple telnet daemon...

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@Valiant
If there are sources available for that thing I may be interested making an OS4 native version. I could use a simple telnet daemon...

The source is included with the program found here in Aminet. If you can get it to work under OS4 I'd be very grateful.

Valiant@Camelot
Go to top

Register To Post