Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: Openoffice.org for Kids, OS4 porting
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Deniil
MUI-OWB/Timberwolf + OOLite + better printer support (being worked on by Hyperion) would make AmigaOS4 usable for "everyday usage" by a lot more people...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
+ more native painting apps, music apps and ofcourse an updated AHI with multichannelrecording. Or better a totally new soundsystem with backwards compatibility with AHI. And flash :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko
Not so many people do drawing or music creation, so not so essential. But AArt Effect works great here & is relatively native (68k but designed for AmigaOS is good enough for me). Can't comment on existing music creation apps since I'm not a musician.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Photogenics and AudioEvolution are perfect for my needs

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
about the amiga-like

Yes of course. Even an Amicygnix version may be a good thing.
Everything is better than not having OOoLight

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ricossa

photogenics is buggy as hell. Gimp works like a charm.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just in case anyone missed it, there is a news item calling for developers. I hope that there are people who are willing and able to help. Preferably someone would port dmake too, so that it can be compiled on AmigaOS instead of using a cross-compiler.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@hans

Looks like another never to be finished port in my eyes. Said it is.

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hans : I think the announcement was not clear. In fact, dmake is already ported : I did it and it was not so easy to manage the launch of several processes at the same time. Fortunately, some recent functions in OS4 allowed to fulfill this part.
dmake doesn't require to be cross-compiled.

Antique : You are disappointed but each time I wrote about this project, I was very cautious, saying that it will be very long, if it was even possible.
The chances have always been very thin but having Eric with us, ready to give advices and to provide support, is the only possibility to port this software.

In any cases, such a project, along the development, highlights some problems and limitations in the OS, the libraries, the SDK, ... just like it was with Blender or OWB. So it also helps to improve various OS components, even if that doesn't concretely replace the fact to have oolight installed on our machines.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

corto wrote:
Hans : I think the announcement was not clear. In fact, dmake is already ported : I did it and it was not so easy to manage the launch of several processes at the same time. Fortunately, some recent functions in OS4 allowed to fulfill this part.
dmake doesn't require to be cross-compiled.

So what parts still require a cross-compiler? Or can it now be compiled on AmigaOS 4 (the bits that currently compile, I mean)?

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Not so many dont use gfx/sfx ? Yeah beacuase it lacks of most modern apps. So sure they go windows/mac. And to get them back = apps they can use. For example demo's/games that we had alot in the 90s needs everything, from coders, to musicians and gfx people. I myself done some coding (not anymore), done gfx (only for my own webpage this times) and do music whenever i have lust to do it (which is less and less as apps crashes and other social stuff)

I do like arteffect but it can crash randomly and doesnt work together with composition any good. Is is possible to open own screen in os4 and disable composition for that particular screen without disabling it for wb and rest of apps ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Is is possible to open own screen in os4 and disable composition for that particular screen without disabling it for wb and rest of apps ?

Yes - I do this all the time, only my WB works with compositing enabled, all app screens (incl. ArtEffect) habe compositing disabled.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cha05e90

Can you give more information? How do you do this?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Can you give more information? How do you do this?

Via Prefs/Screens I would?assume. Setting GUI options of the default screen to "use defaults" get you non compositing screens, then you can defeine specific named screens to have various effects on or off as you require.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Broadblues

Thanks. Makes it soooo much easier for me. Finally :)

I did open the GUI prefs and saved a copy without the 3D acceleration effects to my arteffect drawer. Then i fire up screen preferences and choose settings to custom. If you need to edit settings then please fire up arteffect so that it can find the screen. However i dont think you need that now.

check the "use custom settings file" and from path choose the saved prefs you did with the sys:prefs/GUI you made. (i saved my in arteffect drawer).

So now you still get the nice colours and gadgets from the WB but without 3D effects which means you will not get part of the picture dissapearing while moving the window, resizing etc :)

Man im happy. Less crippled i am now :)

Edited by Kicko on 2011/9/20 21:40:15
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kicko

Why not use gimp?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko Quote:
Not so many dont use gfx/sfx ? Yeah beacuase it lacks of most modern apps. So sure they go windows/mac.

No, you don't understand what I mean: "Normal" people don't do creative stuff on ANY computer. They browse the internet, do email, maybe write & print a letter (or possibly a spreadsheet if you are really lucky!), that's about it.

That doesn't mean you should't want to do gfx/sfx, it just means they aren't anything like so common.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
n fact, dmake is already ported : I did it and it was not so easy to manage the launch of several processes at the same time. Fortunately, some recent functions in OS4 allowed to fulfill this part.

Is this available somewhere? I couldn't find it on the depot.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

GIMP is slow. Maybe when i get X1000.

@Chris

Then im a not so normal person :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Worked ok on the 460.

@corto
Yeah, i knew it would take probably several years to compile. But i'd been happy as long as this dude was still working on it but slow.And not asking for more devs to help out.

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »