Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: New Future Amiga Website - need your feedback and opinions
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think what djrikki is trying to do is an excellent idea and I don't want to draw attention away from the hard work he has done so far. Hopefully this will be of some use to him.

@kas1e
Thank you for the advise. Any ideas on what you would like in the top area or what you dont' like about current
"Stores, Hardware.. etc.

-"I've been thinking too linearly. Deductive. Restrictive. I must expand my thinking... ...this is not a job for the purple blotter. The right tool for this job... is Tinker Toys!"
-"Now... Let's go synthesize some LSD!"
Walter Bishop - Fringe
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gnu
Checked rev3 and rev4. That looks pretty nice. But still i think that something wrong with that BoingBall image. Too dark (imho). Maybe you can try a bit "colorise it".

But overrall design are nice. Those "blue/white" themes always pleasant for eyes. Feels modern.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ahhh peace and quite, I love amigans, that other site which shall go un-named has been spouting so much crap since 'you know what' was announced. I even got a 3 day ban simply agreeing with someone by saying 'AROS is crap and very underdeveloped' - yet all them noobies who just joined have literally trashed that forum, there is no visible moderation there whatsoever, not even basic stuff like merging threads, seemingly no warnings issued - what a disgrace it's become.

Ah well, back on topic.

@kas1e

The video section will have to wait until I have a X1000 in my possession. It will be of upmost priority.

@gnu

Yeah looks good, I guess we all have our own interpretations of how the exact same content can be presented. I did notice had an embedded youtube clip of Aquaria... I might look into embedding some clips in the future. I assume its a clip of the game running on another platform; which for games I could get away with doing that kind of thing, but in regards to Amiga applications and visible Amiga windows, gadgets and what not I willl be not including what I consider to be sub-standard video clips of people recording the screen using a camera pointed at it. No offence intended Kas1e I just want to give the best impression possible for anyone visiting the site. X1000 and S-Rec will open up a lot of opportunities for Amiga users to upload top-notch screen captured videos to youtube over the next few years. All the best.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kasle
I understand what your saying. To note the boing ball lights up when your mouse hovers over it. Maybe I will keep the boing ball bright by default. That will be tonight if I find time.

@djrikki
Yes Amigans like drama. It's all we've known for so long we are lost without it.

To be clear this is just photoshop. No CSS or html going on here. That would be a cut and paste job of a different kind ;) As for the Aquaria embeded video, It's a mock up. That video does not really exist. Your right about getting some quality Youtube content for later though.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Gnu on 2010/9/4 8:41:07
-"I've been thinking too linearly. Deductive. Restrictive. I must expand my thinking... ...this is not a job for the purple blotter. The right tool for this job... is Tinker Toys!"
-"Now... Let's go synthesize some LSD!"
Walter Bishop - Fringe
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Resized Image

I see no mentioning of this app on your page?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

You want to show for newbies that one of the best aos4 apps, its little catalogue-kind program ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

No. I know it's crap
But i think it's about diversity, Showing that we have software covering lots of areas.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@antique

Does the user just enter a EAN number and the information is automatically populated into the window/database or is it merely a simple database window forcing the user to enter titles manually?

Explain what the Text button does... I suspect it should be renamed Add given the Floppy disk icon show.

The OS4Depot description barely tells me anythings thats most likely the reason I skipped over it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Another example on OS4Depot is:

http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?fun ... &file=game/puzzle/zaz.lha

Fails miserably in the artwork department, but actually a good game, plus it hasn't even been given a credible name that I can use.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

I know the about text from the depot is bad. Sometimes one can not get any usefull info out of the head.

You're supposed to type(or use a handheld scanner to scan the code) the ean code on the back of the cover. And the program will try to find the movie you have.

The text button is actually (save image) text. Meaning that it will save your movie list to its hardcoded(atm) to ram:

The project is still at an early stage.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Okay don't seem to be getting any help complete this page:

I am getting close to finishing this site and currently have a fairly large email database in my possession - anyone feel free to email me a .csv list of email addresses.

Ref page:

http://www.uploads.beaverpromotions.co.uk/amiga/tutorials.html

So lets this one first! Help with all would be great ;p

1) AmiDock - Changing the current position and adding a new AmiDock to the side, Adding an Application and Removing an Application. Three individual processes in total.

Edited by djrikki on 2010/9/16 22:35:16
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

Apparently this application has a gui...

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... e=graphics/misc/sgrab.lha

But author didn't bother to upload a snapshot...

*facepalm*

Can someone do me a screenshot of it please? Just the window using AmigaOS 4.1 default screen theme.

---

Also need an image to show Accessibility preferences.. I guess there isn't one (prove me wrong!)

Ideally I need image like this, but again with default screen theme. Perhaps there is better application than zoomit?

http://www.onyxsoft.se/images/program/zoomit.png

Watching this youtube clip after 1:00 shows a magnify application...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSOZOzbJqGw

Is this the same application?

---

Finally, this is another crap screenshot:

http://www.os4depot.net/filedata/snapshot/5826_1_snap.png

Anyone care to screenie it for me using once again default amiga theme!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki

Hey! Thats covers my idea of an info poratl for Amiga-Newbees look at:

http://www.amigaos.net/

I have no time to spend further time to it, but i can give you my server-webspace and domain for your project and can do the german translations and screenshots!

Whot do you think Djrikki?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fingus
Your index page looks pretty nice. Pretty nice designed, while simply, but good for eyes. And domain name looks good too. For sure Rikky should move all his stuff on your domain.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

The Domain Owner is klx300r, he linked his domain to my webserver.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Project web site design budget $31 million \.o./

Hmm I will certainly give it some consideration. The domain name you/he has is certainly appealing. I've been looking at domain and web hosting prices this week actually.

Language translations...

Yesterday I did think about presenting the website in different languages; little flags in the top-right hand corner or something.

Forgive me if I am wrong kas1e, are you french?

Because I would certainly need help from others in translating static content.

Ideally I need an Amiga to make progress in some of the areas I wish to fully exploit. Foreinstance an online help fully documenting how a noob would use AmigaOS would be helpful.

Hurry up with X1000 Trevor *nudge nudge*.

Edited by djrikki on 2010/9/17 14:04:53
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@djrikki
Nice progress, sorry for non being much help with screens and suggestions, after getting back from August vacation I hardly have time to breathe >_<

Keep up the great work!

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DAX

No worries, hope you had some good hols away.

BTW see posts *searches for hash key on mac keyboard*

#51 and #52

I only asked for this help yesterday and it's still relevant. =D

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@djrikki
Thanks weather has been truly great around here in August :)
Hope to be more helpful soon, at the moment I don't have access to my Sam and have little to no time (as a matter of fact I shouldn't even be writing this and be with my head down working ), in a couple of weeks it should all get back to normal (procrastinated stuff you know :) ).

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikky
Quote:

Forgive me if I am wrong kas1e, are you french?

Because I would certainly need help from others in translating static content.

Nope, i am russian. While i think english are more than enough in general, if you still will do site multi-language, i can help with russian then.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »