Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

YAM (E-Mail)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi
I`m trying to set an E-Mail address on the Amiga which is Sam-Flex 440ep with OS4.1 Upgrade 2. I?m using YAM but I?m having trouble setting it up. If I use the same E-Mail address that is on my PC (ntlworld.com) on the Amiga I can send and receive E-Mails. But if I change the E-Mail address on the Amiga to virginmedia.com (which is my secondary E-Mail) I?m getting an error: - Couldn`t connect t`pop3.virginmedia.com`. The mail server didn?t respond within the predefined time frame and therefore timed out. In YAM if I tick the box SSLv3 then I get this error: - Bad response from mail server`pop3.viginmedia.com`to command `PASS. -ERR (AUTH) Username and password not accepted. The mail server couldn`t execute the command and replied with the above error message. (But if I use ntlworld.com I do not have to tick the box SSLv3)
Hope this helps.

When setting an E-Mail on my Amiga. I?m using YAM to set my E-mail address if I set my primary E-Mail address (@ntlworld.com) everything works fine which I can send E-Mails and receive them, but if I set another mailbox up on the Amiga still using YAM which is @virginmedia.com than I?m getting an error timed out.
Can this be done or do I have to have my primary E-mail on the Amiga which is the same as on my PC. What I?m trying to do is have two separate E-Mails one for the PC and the Amiga.

These are the settings I got of virginmeda.com/help.
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) 465 was (25 on YAM)
Incoming Mail (POP3) 995 was (110 on YAM)
Now I have an error which reads: - POP3.virginmedia.com` replied with an error message during the welcome procedure and the connection was terminated: On in the TCP/IP settings I have left the server allows 8bit characters left unticked. Use SMTL AUTH left unticked. Use secure connection ticked for No. With TLSv1 left unticked. With SSLv3 left unticked On the receive mail Active ticked. Log in using APOP left unticked. Delete mail on server ticked. Use secure connection ticked No. With TLSv1 left unticked. With SSLv3 left unticked. Am 1 going wrong somewhere in the YAM configure settings This is driving me mad has I have been trying to set this up. If someone out there could help me I would be very very happy.

Edited by Ant on 2010/8/14 18:34:54
Edited by Ant on 2010/8/15 17:02:26
AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 running on AMCC PPC440EP with 1,024 MB Mermory and Radeon 9250
Go to top
Re: YAM (E-Mail)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I don?t know the reason for your trouble, but have you tried Simple Mail? Are your input-settings for ISO-8859-15? I had trouble sending mails when I used ISO 8859-15 switching back to 8859-1 solved that problem in my case.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ant

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller

According to the above POP3 SPA (Secure Password Authentication) is disabled, could explain the error, could check your account settings in YAM and make sure there isn't an SPA option checked? Don't use YAM myself these days so working from memory .

Also check you have entered your full email address as the username, I made this mistake when setting up a TalkTalk account in SimpleMail.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@lsmarty

It is set at 8859-1 and I have tried simple mail but still get the same error timed out

AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 running on AMCC PPC440EP with 1,024 MB Mermory and Radeon 9250
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ant

From their website: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/E ... gs/td-p/66023#virginmedia

Make sure you set the port to 995 don't use STLS or APOP.

Go to top

Register To Post