Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 115

flash, rjd324, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Screen grab to video
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Hello to everyone! I'd like to ask if there is a good program that could record the screen to a video file, so that we could make videos with what is happening on the screen. Thanks for your time!

Go to top
Re: Screen grab to video
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Simple answer: No.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

It would be useful for reporting bugs. I remember once I had to record the screen with my camera and make an AVI out of it. So that the developer could see the problem

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Elwood

it was disccussed in the past iirc on the beta mailing list but there are some problems to do this kind of things.
must check

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I though that there is a program for the MOS that does something like this. I saw it on the sputnik demo video a lot time ago! do you have any clue about it? Could this be converted for OS4 by anyone?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just for general knowledge:
IRIX (Silicon Graphics) has such a functionality built-in into OS.

Constructive suggestion:
vncserver can grab the desktop and transmit the image via network, so maybe using this mechanism without the "smart update" functionality the thing can be done?

Jack

Edited by Jack on 2007/1/15 16:46:53
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Jack

This would be really slow solution

For the MOS application I wrote you later, here it is a screenshot from the video! Does anyone have any clue about this program?

Resized Image

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

I would also find such program very useful, but I doubt such program exist for the platform?

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
here it is a nice program that is open source http://www.camstudio.org/
It exports only to swf, but a good amiga programmer could make it better!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
This would be really slow solution

If you strip all the vnc/networking related stuff, most of the overhead will be gone. Afair, classic amiga is quite cabable to be usable with vnc (yes , I know that the framerate isn't high at all and not the whole image is transferred all the time). Maybe it is possible to dump the vnc-produced data and then convert it to standard clip...

One could also perform a simple screenshot hooked to timer loop, but that requires to see what framerate the slowerst OS4 hardware is capable of and how much cpu does it use. There's no point in hogging the system repeated screengrabbing and not allowing other apps to produce anything to grab. Constant framerate is essential.

Another thought is an option to hoot ko ahi and produce audio stream as well. Then using mplayer/mencoder merge the stuff and apply loosy compression.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

I would find a program like this useful too. I use this function on the pc quite a bit. It would be great for demo'ing OS4 too.

Go to top

Register To Post