Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Question about Using FryingPan
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I just downloaded and registered FryingPan for OS4.

I'm trying to create a CD with a bunch of MP3s, but it thinks that I want to make an AudioCD, so it tells me that I do not have enough space on the CD and doesn't let me burn it.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Go to top
Re: Question about Using FryingPan
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Sounds like you need to create a data CD, then use the MP3s as files to be put on it. In normal mode, most CD burner packages will try to convert the MP3 to track data and burn it as an audio CD.

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PEB

Hi,

You are using the ?ISO Builder? tab aren?t you?

You then just add the files you want and then burn the disc.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tldaley

No, actually I was using the "Data/Audio Tracks" tab.

Why call it "DATA/Audio Tracks" if it can only be used for audio tracks?

I will try it with the "ISO Builder" though.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tldaley

Thanks Trev for the tip; it worked great.

I must admit that it was kind of tricky (for me) figuring out how to use FryingPan, but once I did, it sure worked well---easy and fast!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PEB
Tis a very nice program indeed , Tomasz has done very well given the difficulties under which he started programming this some years ago. Not only that, he kindly expanded his development to AOS4 as well as MOS, Classic and I believe soon AROS.

I urge evryone to support this development by paying the registration fee, this is a must have program for all Amiga flavours and is a shining example where the community can start to heal again.

Please also heed the author's directions for registration, there is no point sending cash or cheques just for him to be robbed via mail tampering.

cheers
ace

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@acefnq

Something else should be added. He has recently been able to receive PayPal payments directly through his e-mail address. (Though you should still let him know about your intention to register FryingPan before sending payment.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PEB

Cheers. Even better, less excuses for not supporting a very
deserving amiga developer.

ace

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@acefnq
Quote:
Tis a very nice program indeed

And so say all of us!

TrevorDick

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TrevorDick

Must get round to installing the update.

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@PEB

DATA/AUDIO is for 'pre made' data tracks and CDDA audio tracks. any mp3s you put in there will be uncompressed and saved as normal cd audio tracks.

@All

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

If I create a backup of my WB by d'n'd the partition icon on FP then a drawer is created with the same name and everything is put in there, no good if you want to boot it :(

If I open wb and show all files then serlect all and d'n'd that everything is copied to the right place (ie. the root) EXCEPT none of the icon files are copied (specially disk.info as it's hidden).

Niggles:

As yet I can see no way of installing the SLB so I cannot create bootable cd's anyway :(

Another niggle is the ghosting when removing more than one entry, if I remove the entire contents or the list it ghosts, removes 1 entry & unghosts for every item which means a lot of flicker :(
How about ghosting at the start of the whole remove process and unchosting at the end? it should only involve moveing 2 lines of code to outside the loop

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin

As yet I can see no way of installing the SLB so I cannot create bootable cd's anyway :(

I don't understand Linux and MakeCD write to bootsectors ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

Quote:

Severin wrote:
@PEB

DATA/AUDIO is for 'pre made' data tracks and CDDA audio tracks. any mp3s you put in there will be uncompressed and saved as normal cd audio tracks.

@All

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

If I create a backup of my WB by d'n'd the partition icon on FP then a drawer is created with the same name and everything is put in there, no good if you want to boot it :(

If I open wb and show all files then serlect all and d'n'd that everything is copied to the right place (ie. the root) EXCEPT none of the icon files are copied (specially disk.info as it's hidden).

hmmm... if i remember correct the older version asked if it should add a drawer named "blabla". if you said "no" the files were added without that drawer. has that changed?
Quote:

Niggles:

even worse, the older version also was not able to create a "bootable cd" in terms of bootable from the early startup menu. this only could be done with makecd. afaik the so called sytem-id of the cd has to be set to "AMIGA BOOT" to make it work. i complained about that once and i expected it to be in the 1.0 version.

byebye...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

I'm talking about a CD that will boot from UBoot not from kickstart

UBoot will find a CD with AMIGA BOOT id then try to load the SLB from the CD so that it can then load kickstart etc.

No SLB, No boot

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin

Quote:

Severin wrote:
@Snuffy

I'm talking about a CD that will boot from UBoot not from kickstart

UBoot will find a CD with AMIGA BOOT id then try to load the SLB from the CD so that it can then load kickstart etc.

No SLB, No boot

Hi,

I have made all of my OS4 CDs using FryingPan and all the ones that could boot did boot ok.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

AmigaOneXE G4/800Mhz * 512Mb Ram * Radeon 9200SE * AOS4.1.1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tldaley

I have made all of my OS4 CDs using FryingPan and all the ones that could boot did boot ok.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

Is that with just writing a previously created iso using frying Pan, such as the OS4Final CD, or actually creating a bootable isofrom scratch?.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Swoop wrote:

Is that with just writing a previously created iso using frying Pan, such as the OS4Final CD, or actually creating a bootable isofrom scratch?.

Hi,

That was burning the downloadable ISOs.

But, someone stated that FryingPan couldn't burn "bootable disks" that would boot from early startup.

But, you can boot from these CDs even if you have a clean HD. Therefore the "kickstart" and "slb" are being read from the CD.

Ciao,
Trev Daley.

AmigaOneXE G4/800Mhz * 512Mb Ram * Radeon 9200SE * AOS4.1.1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

I've made bootable CDs with MakeCD. Heres the tutorial on IntuitionBase.

boot cd

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sundown

theres a process ? I just did it (MakeCD) dumped the ISO to track one, and it worked once I told UBoot to boot off Internal IDE CDROM.

I did have problems with the unregistered FryingPan I was using. maybe an old version. it is nice looking though!

Edited by agafaster on 2007/1/9 14:40:42
Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@agafaster & tidaley

Your talking about writing already created images to CD, I'm talking about actually creating those images. Makecd does it ok (@sundown I told you how to do it ages ago ) but only for CDR so I cannot do a bootable dvd disc until FryingPan is updated to allow installation of the SLB into the CD's 'boot block'.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »