Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: OS4 and cdrom trouble...
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Skov wrote:
Well guys, thanks for all your help so far! Now I got the right version back in the system.
Idetools shows my drive nicely.

Flags : $0000011D - present, supports DMA, removable media, ATAPI, interrupts used,
Xfer mode : best pio 12 (PIO 4, 16MB/s) / best dma 66 (UDMA 2, 33 MB/s) / current 12...
Total blocks : 0
Blocksize : 0
Power mode : 2 /idle (ready for operation)
IO1 /IO2 / BMCR @ : $1F0 / $3F6 / $CC00

But it still doesn't recognize any cd's... Drive's broken or what?

If IDETool shows 0 for "Total blocks" and "Blocksize" even if a CD is in the drive it's very likely broken, but to make sure it's really the drive and not a problem in the AmigaOS4 IDE drivers you could abort booting in U-Boot and enter "ide info" in the U-Boot shell (if the CD wasn't in the drive yet use "ide reset" after inserting it first), that will display which drives U-Boot detects and their sizes, if U-Boot can't get the size of an inserted CD either the drive is broken.

Go to top
Re: OS4 and cdrom trouble...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yeah, it's broken then, Joerg... I tested it in uboot-shell and it didn't show anything...

Luckily I just bought a macmini so I can strip my old pc of it's dvd-burner and cd-rom drive...

Hopefully, this will do the trick!

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Re: OS4 and cdrom trouble... SOLVED
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes! Finally!

Up and running with OS4 final. Amazed by those beutiful icons. I just want to thank you all for the great help you've given me. I wouldn't have been writing this from Ibrowse 2.4 without you! Again, the community comes through, and this is why I came back those 18 months ago. That and OS4, of course.

It feels great! Just need to close the tower again and is back to way it should be.

Oh, one more thing. Everytime I start the Amiga, it goes straight to UBOOT prefs. Then I exit it and it boots smoothly to workbench. How do to get around it?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)