Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

xMAME and screen resolutions
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have a problem concerning xMAME and the screenmodes.
Some games doesn't adjust well with the screenmode when I
run it.
I have some screenmodes defined in the Radeon icon and Picasso 96 prefs.
So I can't play well the Arcade machines I think in low resolutions as 320x240 or 640x480.I have been playing with the Radeon Tooltypes and Picasso 96 settings but nothing changes.
Can anybody help me?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: xMAME and screen resolutions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I don' t think it is a screen resolution problem.. i have the same problem on the amiga but also on the pc.. it' s a mame problem.. some games have custom resolution and even if the image is scaled using bigger resolution sometimes happens that you have the screen not centered.. the only thing you can do ( guess ) is to adjust it by your monitor setting of the monitor ( not picasso or radeon tooltypes )

That's what i know but if there is a way to avoid the problem happy to know it

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:

MamePPCA1 wrote:
I have a problem concerning xMAME and the screenmodes.
Some games doesn't adjust well with the screenmode when I
run it.
I have some screenmodes defined in the Radeon icon and Picasso 96 prefs.
So I can't play well the Arcade machines I think in low resolutions as 320x240 or 640x480.I have been playing with the Radeon Tooltypes and Picasso 96 settings but nothing changes.
Can anybody help me?

Have you tried running the games in a window instead of fullscreen?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
If you're referring to the Capcom 6 button beat'em ups, they require you to enter their funny resolutions into your monitor driver... I used to have about 10 different custom modes, but I've lost them in a recent OS reinstall.. but for example, one of them was:

MODE=384x224@70

Run your games in windowed mode and you'll see their screen resolution. Write it down and enter those into your monitor tootltypes, reboot, and test if they work.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

OK thanks to all.On my time playing MAME near 2 years I never have problems as the screen appears centered with all the roms in fullscreen.
Tested time ago the MAME's own resolutions but they appear uncentered too.
As for the thing said by nubechecorre I don't have any buttons to adjust the screen position on my monitor unless it haves another special controls hidden.It's an LG of 19 inches without buttons.
I will do the trick of add the specific screen resolutions
and see what happens.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

Tested with Mahjong THE LADY HUNTER and it replenish the screen but occupies more than the surface of the screen so
the image goes out of the screen.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Oh I understand your issue now. Your screens arent centered? What screen resolution is your game using? And what happens if you configure Workbench to use that screen resolution? do you get the same off center results?

EDIT: I have an LG 19" LCD monitor too. You have to go into the menus to adjust your position/width settings.

Go to top

Register To Post