Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

YAM 2.5 annoying messages
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have two messages when I open YAM 2.5 PPC a bit annoying:
One is a write message window with my e-mail as the receiver of the mail.
And two is the one that says "Couldn't read from file 'UTILIDADES:Internet/Correo/YAM2.5/taglines.hsh'

The file doesn't seem to exist.

(25-2-2008 16:02:53)"

What can this annoying messages mean?

How can I leave out this messages from YAM startup?

Thanks in advance.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: YAM 2.5 annoying messages
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Well, if YAM says "Couldn't read from file 'foobar'. The file doesn't seem to exist.", what would you guess could be the reason for this?

You instructed YAM to insert a random tagline at the bottom of each new mail. Check your configuration if your signature contains the sequence "%t". If yes, then make sure that the "Tagline file" really exists and contains taglines separated by "Tagline separator".

If you don't want any taglines at all then just remove that "%t" from your signature.

The file "taglines.hsh" will be recreated whenever the file "taglines" has been modified.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Hello, I figured I'd check out my YAM settings as well, I've wanted taglines in my signature, just haven't gotten around to it. I did notice something wierd, though. Like your situation, YAM defaults to PROGDIR:.taglines for the tagfile, and the file does indeed exists. But the error message is for .taglines.hsh, so I figured it was a small glitch, renamed the file .taglines to .taglines.hsh, and set the config to YAM:.taglines instead of PROGDIR: (Just in case.. my systems acted a bit flaky with the whole PROGDIR: thing on occasion) Next new e-mail I try to write, the same error pops up, only now its missing .taglines. <sigh> so I copied the .taglines.hsh to .taglines, so I now have TWO .taglines files. Now its working fine, but I'm using twice the space. I'm going to post about it on the YAM list, and see if I'm missing something, or if it is a glitch. Though, if you don't need tag entries, tboeckel is right, just get rid of the %f and the problem will be fixed. (Alot easier than messing with the files)

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kvasir

The reason why I enabled the taglines on the Signature part of YAM was simply to test it.Don't know really with exact conciousness what are the taglines mean to be,but tried it anyway.I suppose are individual or concrete messages inserted inside the message but I don't know really.

Now I have deleted all the entries related to taglines on YAM configuration window and all about this works OK.

What about the write message I still see on the YAM startup?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Check the ToolTypes of YAM's icon. Make sure that the ToolTypes MAILTO, SUBJECT, LETTER and ATTACH don't occur there or are commented out. Otherwise YAM will start to write a new mail every time you start it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kvasir

Taglines are often famous comments from celebrities inserted right above your own signature as a kind of "famous last words". Nothing that is really required.

My .taglines file looks like this:

1st tagline
%%
2nd tagline
%%
3rd tagline
%%

The separator is set to "%%". Whenever this .taglines file is modified YAM will parse it again, looking for "%%" and eventually creating .taglines.hsh for fast lookup of random taglines.

Since MamePPC most probably instructed YAM to start a new mail upon every start and the path to his .tagline file was somehow messed up or didn't even exist (and hence the path for .tagline.hsh) the two error messages occured every time. I think that's the explanation for the problems.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tboeckel

OK I will check it the configuration.
That could be the problem,yes.

Go to top
Re: YAM 2.5 annoying messages (SOLVED)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tboeckel

I closed the MAILTO with brackets on the YAM tooltypes and then clicked on YAM's icon and all works fine again as no write window and no more annoying messages appears on startup.

Thank you tboeckel!

Go to top

Register To Post