Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB and plugins?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

It's implemented and working in AmigaOS 4x. port of OWB as well (with the only AmigaOS 4.x NPAPI plugin I ever got, an useless JavaScript example plugin from afxgroup), but since nobody even tried to implement or port a real plugin it's disabled.

So the NPAPI is implemented and working but disabled in the OS4 verison of OWB??!??! Why on earth would you disable it if it exists and is working. To me that hardly seems like a good way of encouraging progress.

Perhaps I misunderstood "plugin" completely. Maybe an OWB plugin cannot ever be a stand-alone file on disk (an actual plug-in) but has to be compiled in in its completeness (by you then). That would require a pretty close cooperation between you and afxgroup I suppose.

Quote:

Why a replacement? Porting libgnashplugin.so to AmigaOS 4.x is trivial, and there even is a 1000 Euro bounty for it.

If that was trivial it would have been done years ago. So, clearly not trivial. The hard part may not be the compiling part then of course, but political, stubborness, boredom, whatever. I don't know, that's why I started this thread.

However, it is said to be too slow to have it enabled and I get that. But what if the user could enable it manually for the places he wants to prevent it from loading heavy ads everywhere. "Right-click: Enable Gnash here.".

Quote:

The MorphOS OWB uses MUI and with MUI plugins are impossible. Maybe it's possible with MUI4, but on AmigaOS with MUI 3.9 you'd have to use something as extremely ugly as it had to be done in IBrowse as workaround where the browser, instead of the plugin itself, has to render the plugin graphics into the window.

To draw in an Amiga window you need the rastport or a layer or something. You can get that from a MUI window and a custom class would provide the area x,y in which to draw. I do this in Detris and DeeJay'D. In MultiRen I use stand-alone files as plugins. They don't draw graphics though so don't really have to touch MUI.

Anyway, is there any docs of this NPAPI that I can use to test something, or would it have to be compiled in as I asked earlier?

Edited by ssolie on 2010/9/22 20:55:36
Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@samo79
Just to summarise the link you posted: OWB does not have a plug-in API finished nor enabled. And using the IBrowse version of the API may not make sense, since it is 68k only.

68K mui api works whit PowerPC plug-ins so its not just 68K, but does require stubs, because arguments are pastes whit 68k cpu registers.

It its tiny bit more work, to get this done.

The problem whit IB2.4 is that it does not support the full NPAPI, and its NOT 100% compatible whit specifications, for example you can't stop streaming.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/9/23 22:41:33
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

DoMethods() and clipping I don't remember the details,

I got Mplayer to render some graphics in IB2.4, low quality videos works ok,

but project was put on ice:

because I made a mess out of it:

1) mplayer is not multi-threaded, hard to clean up on exit, I should have made mplayer run as external task but I did not.
2) IB2.4 tried to stream the vodeo while mplayer was trying the same.
3) There are hardly any html pages that use the embedded html video tags.

So I lost interest

Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/9/23 2:22:34
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The OS4 OWB uses Reaction and with Reaction plugins are impossible. Maybe it's possible with QT, but on AmigaOS4 with Reaction you'd have to use something as extremely ugly as workaround. :)

[EDIT]: added a smiley

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
... i prefer our coder in font at their code instead ...

please (both side) stop it, we are only 1 community

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Fab

Quote:
The OS4 OWB uses Reaction
Wrong.

Quote:
and with Reaction plugins are impossible.
If it would use the ReAction window.class NPAPI plugins would be as impossible as with MUI.

Quote:
[EDIT]: added a smiley
Doesn't make your intentional lies any better.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fab
You were told not to push the personal attacks via PM.

Consider this a warning.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@all

I'm sad to see a properly constructive thread turn hostile this way. In danger of being attacked myself, I'll state this: I sense a vague bit of desparation in the community, and yes, we are a bit "behind" other platforms in terms of, say "plugins for our favorite webbrowser", but why is this just not the more reason to stay collaborative and constructive in our efforts??

This might just be some peoples destinct personal style in arguing for their deeply felt views, but I must say, it makes me stress out and even sometimes loose confidence in this crazy project. But hey, I'm a weak person, maybe I should just stick to yoga instead...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Let's try again. You have two choices:
- Implement the windowless mode. In this case, the plugin would be passed some drawable (cairo surface, rastport, or anything that could make sense) in the setup phase. When it needs to draw, it would request a drawing operation to the browser, which would answer by sending the plugin a 'paint' order for a given rect when it's ready to do so (according to z-order, transparency or not, ...). The plugin can then compose its own content with the browser content.

- Implement the windowed mode. The plugin is passed some "window" handle (the mui window object, for instance, but it could be anything else depending on implementation) and a rect at setup. When it feels like drawing, it just calls a MUI method on the window object to draw content according to the npwindow rect set previously.

[removed public moderation discussion yet again]

Edited by Fab on 2010/9/24 2:04:11
Edited by ssolie on 2010/9/24 21:17:20
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
Can you answer please, why you not enable NPAPI by default all the time with every releases ? Because it will allow to afxgroup somehow understand how he can add gnash to it, or to anyone else, who want to make a plugins.

Then, ppls can create "download manager" plugin , "flash" plugin and any other plugins.

Explain please as deep as you can why you cant enable it for now, and what you (we) need to do, to enable it by default for all the time.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fab
1. Discussing moderation in the forums is not allowed. You were told this via PM before.

2. Smiley faces are not the problem. The problem is the behaviour of repeatably ignoring moderator requests.

Warning #2.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)