Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 131

Nuder_Try, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Native Look, with no blocky pixels
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

From what you said, WHDLoad doesn't need the .slave file as argument, but the icon tooltypes. So, you should try with:

* WHDLoad slamtiltaga
* WHDLoad slamtiltaga.info

If neither works, create a dummy file called slamtiltaga and try again with the first line.
Otherwise, you'll have to check out WHDLoad's documentation

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

But still in interest: it is possible by some binary on os3.1, run icon from shell ? I mean:
amiga shell:> some_binary blbalalb.info

and then os3 will read all the tooltypes from info, and do exectaly the same, what happenes when user do double-click on that .info ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
But still in interest: it is possible by some binary on os3.1, run icon from shell ? I mean:
amiga shell:> some_binary blbalalb.info

and then os3 will read all the tooltypes from info, and do exectaly the same, what happenes when user do double-click on that .info ?

WBRun should do the job.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Ok, i managed to work that whdload stuff ! For now it looks at last as i want: i just go by filler to any directory, then "open wb window", then have SlamTilitAGA icon, press on it twice, and have req: execute of file. Ok, and just black window brings, and after 15 seconds i have fully loaded and playable SlamTilitAGA. The only think which will be cool to do its somehow remove that header from window mode (where typed name of window, winuae 0.8.28). Just to have plain window wihtout thinking that its uae.

And what i want to ask: If i unpack all my games on my work SFS parition, and if, all that S/DEVS/C also on the SFS parition, did it mean, that e-uae will read it faster, or, it will just emulate it like it old FFS or kind ?

Why i ask about, i just want speedup loading of those whdload demos/games as fast as possible. Or its fully referers to emulation speed for now ?

Ps. related to centralized system looks like it will not helps, because running of the game binary, are done in the startup-sequnce, so for all the new game/demo new startup-sequnce. What mean in any case new i need create S: dir, so then no problems create also DEVS and C :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Ok, i managed to work that whdload stuff ! For now it looks at last as i want: i just go by filler to any directory, then "open wb window", then have SlamTilitAGA icon, press on it twice, and have req: execute of file. Ok, and just black window brings, and after 15 seconds i have fully loaded and playable SlamTilitAGA.

Can't you just double-click the icon in Filer?

Quote:
The only think which will be cool to do its somehow remove that header from window mode (where typed name of window, winuae 0.8.28). Just to have plain window wihtout thinking that its uae.

AFAIK that's something E-UAE has no option for.

Quote:
And what i want to ask: If i unpack all my games on my work SFS parition, and if, all that S/DEVS/C also on the SFS parition, did it mean, that e-uae will read it faster, or, it will just emulate it like it old FFS or kind ?

Why i ask about, i just want speedup loading of those whdload demos/games as fast as possible. Or its fully referers to emulation speed for now ?

Putting the games on the same partition where you have the system directories makes no difference as regards emulation speed (unless the filesystem is faster in AOS4, that is).

On the glUAE side, this is what you can do:
* if the game doesn't need the centralized system, put a dummy .no_centralized_system file in the game's directory (this is not required if the game runs from disk images);
* if the game needs the centralized system, put in the centralized system as much as possible of the stuff found in the ordinary system directories (devs/, Libs/, etc.), not in the game's directory (f.ex., if a game needs a certain library, do not create a Libs/ directory under the game's directory, but put the library in the Libs/ directory in the centralized system) - ideally, you should have only the S/ directory in the game directory;
* if the game needs only few files, disable the centralized system (see above), but put them directly in the game's directory;
* if you use the centralized system just for WHDLoad, put there just the files required by WHDLoad itself and nothing else.

EDIT

Quote:
Ps. related to centralized system looks like it will not helps, because running of the game binary, are done in the startup-sequnce, so for all the new game/demo new startup-sequnce. What mean in any case new i need create S: dir, so then no problems create also DEVS and C :)

Yes, you need and S/ directory for each game/demo, but that's it: other system directories can be put in the centralized system.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo
Quote:

Can't you just double-click the icon in Filer?

Yes, i can, but i just disabled icons and alst in the filer, to normal and fast work. With the icons it loads slow, and feels not smooth. So, better have no icons, and when i need it, i just come to right directory, and do "open wb window".

I tryed also put that .no_centralized_system dummy file, but that make no difference .. (i have for icons: S:glUAE_LA only).

I mostly think about speed on EUAE side. From the OS4 side EUAE itself brings in a half of second, so there is no problems related to your scripts of course :) I mostly about thinks which can be done inside EUAE (settings, etc), to speedup file-system working , etc. But i think its all matter of emulation for now.

All in all, thanks for help :) I already done 5 games by this way, and they all works fine. Cool. Strange that you not use WHDLoad for yourself , because its totally different by speed. For example, for running SuperStardustAGA from ADF/DMS even with 800% of floppy speed, up to 2-3 minuts to reall start to play in game. But with whdload i think its no more than 30 seconds (that include loading of intro, menu, and later game itself).

ps. Tryed also to run many games at the same time, just run SlamTiltAGA, then SuperStardustAGA. And gluae handle all fine. Check that screenshot of gluae in action on my setup :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
I tryed also put that .no_centralized_system dummy file, but that make no difference .. (i have for icons: S:glUAE_LA only).

I mostly think about speed on EUAE side. From the OS4 side EUAE itself brings in a half of second, so there is no problems related to your scripts of course :)

Ah, yes: my suggestions were meant to reduce the time before E-UAE starts.

Quote:
All in all, thanks for help :) I already done 5 games by this way, and they all works fine. Cool.

Quote:
Strange that you not use WHDLoad for yourself , because its totally different by speed. For example, for running SuperStardustAGA from ADF/DMS even with 800% of floppy speed, up to 2-3 minuts to reall start to play in game. But with whdload i think its no more than 30 seconds (that include loading of intro, menu, and later game itself).

Well, quite simply, I don't play (I wish I could, but I can't). I have just 3 or 4 games that I hope to be able to finish some day, but loading times are not a problem with them, so I prefer to keep their setups simple

Quote:
ps. Tryed also to run many games at the same time, just run SlamTiltAGA, then SuperStardustAGA. And gluae handle all fine. Check that screenshot of gluae in action on my setup :)

Heh
Now you only need to make a video showing how cool launching them is

By the way: Super Stardust and SLAM TILT are definitely two of the best games ever produced for Amiga (even if one doesn't like them, technically, they're absolutely excellent).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo
Quote:

Now you only need to make a video showing how cool launching them is :)

:) Yeah, 100%. But before need to get at last normal camera, enough of that low-res crap already :)

Quote:

By the way: Super Stardust and SLAM TILT are definitely two of the best games ever produced for Amiga (even if one doesn't like them, technically, they're absolutely excellent).

Yep. For me they also one of them. Back in the past i buy first amiga only in 1996 or 1997 year, so, it was 1200, and with already avail games like SuperStardust, Aladdin, Lion King, Cool Spot, Jungle Book (disneys one), ChaosEngine, CannonFodder. So, i just can choice the best ones, which for me are few (i think i can count no more than 20 _very_ good games). Other ones i dislike mostly, because i never have a500 or kind, and amiga for me was after SegaMegadrive, so, games which badly than on SegaMD i put in trash :) I like only few esc games: ruff&thumble, lion heart, cannon fodder, chaos engine and walker. They all looks like AGA ones anyway :) Walker mostly indeed like ESC,but have good music with songs, etc, and game itself are very trashy (in good way), just one big machine kill everyone :))

ps. Btw, i think that will be cool add to UAE source, some little piece of code, which will read options like "name_of_window="xxxx" And for example, we can write for every game name_of_window=slamtilt (For example), and window will have SlamTilt word (what is very nice in end for visual jerking :) )

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
ps. Btw, i think that will be cool add to UAE source, some little piece of code, which will read options like "name_of_window="xxxx" And for example, we can write for every game name_of_window=slamtilt (For example), and window will have SlamTilt word (what is very nice in end for visual jerking :) )

Just ask the maintainer

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Quote:

Just ask the maintainer

Already write about on os4bugs in easy-uae-gui, maybe someone will have a look at this :)

But why i write here for now: I found _VERY GOOD SPEEDUP_ of all the whdload games. Speedup because of "cpu_speed" config entry. Strange that you not point about, but that is awesome difference. I make just some tests, and difference for my 1ghz are madness. For example, i show you how it changes after i do double-click on icon , and game starts over your glUAE scripts in uae (there is seconds mean how many seconds need to main menu entry of game):
cpu_speed=[b]real[/b]      cpu_speed=[b]max[/b]

superstardust_aga:      19 seconds         5 seconds    
slamtilt_aga
:           19 seconds         4 seconds    
ruff
&thumble_esc:       10 seconds         3 seconds    
chaosengine_aga
:        17 seconds         7 seconds
kidchaos_aga
:           26 seconds         6 seconds
super_frog_aga
:         24 seconds         5 seconds

t
.death demo:           15 seconds         8 seconds

As you see, different are in 200% ! For now i can just double click on Super Stardust, and that loads absolutly fast.I just not talk about ruff&thumble, game starts now faster that any opengl native games on os4 itself :) Very nice and enjoenable. Also of course, all loading speedups in 200% too (like beetwen menu, and any loading stage).

The one more differens (in good side), its that for example when i have cpu_speed=max, i have no more strange jerkes of music in menu of super_stardust.

The only problem with it (looks like), its a bit "slower" react on keyboard control (i am not sure, but looks like that).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

"real" generally isn't a good setting for AGA games because that slows the CPU down to the speed of a 7 MHz 68000 - from UAE's documentation: If set to 'real', E-UAE will try to emulate the performance of an original 7MHz 68000-based Amiga such as an A500.
For sure cpu_speed is an important setting, but one should experiment with integer values on a per-application basis to get the most optimized performance.

On another note, have a look at what I'm about to do

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Quote:

On another note, have a look at what I'm about to do

Well, in general, for me all that "installation sripts" always make more problems if compare with just coping something to some directory, and run it when i want (as with example with glUAE, i just copy scripts to whatewer i want, and in the info of game just put all the path with script name). And nothing more need it, no installers, no any helpers, etc.. For example again realted to glUAe, in generall, user need one script copy to any place: glUAE_LA , and nothing more. Imho, that is good side of glUAE because nothing hard, just one scrip. Installer imho a bit fuck the users head always (that strange, because it usually used for making it easy for users, but imho for users much easy do manual copy, because user will 100% know where and what he hopy).

Also about i think (that realted to help end-users) : that maybe make some archive database, which will be called: whdloadgames_gluae_os4. User just download unpack, and play. But still, and even here some problems: for first it will be warez 100% (because good games are warez of course). For second, we have different machines, so, for me 640x512 window are rokz for some games, for sam users with 666 mgz it will slow, and he will again unhappy because of all of this ..

Still, i not see any easy solution for. Only just glUAE script, + different configs like:
aladdin_full_screen_sam666
aladdin_full_screen_sam700
aladdin_full_screen_peg2_1ghz

and so on. About 6-7 configs for every game in archive, then, maybe it will be more or less "easy" for end users ..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Well, in general, for me all that "installation sripts" always make more problems if compare with just coping something to some directory, and run it when i want (as with example with glUAE, i just copy scripts to whatewer i want, and in the info of game just put all the path with script name). And nothing more need it, no installers, no any helpers, etc.. For example again realted to glUAe, in generall, user need one script copy to any place: glUAE_LA , and nothing more. Imho, that is good side of glUAE because nothing hard, just one scrip. Installer imho a bit fuck the users head always (that strange, because it usually used for making it easy for users, but imho for users much easy do manual copy, because user will 100% know where and what he hopy).

You see, my project is not meant to make just glUAE usage easier but to make *UAE* usage easier as well! There are lots of users out there that have no clue as to how to set up UAE - and to some others find even glUAE obscure.
If you try the example I've already made available, you'll understand

Quote:
Also about i think (that realted to help end-users) : that maybe make some archive database, which will be called: whdloadgames_gluae_os4. User just download unpack, and play. But still, and even here some problems: for first it will be warez 100% (because good games are warez of course).

For sure I'm not the one who's going to build such a repository. I'll support only the legally available games.

Quote:
For second, we have different machines, so, for me 640x512 window are rokz for some games, for sam users with 666 mgz it will slow, and he will again unhappy because of all of this ..

The point is to provide the most optimized setup for each applications and giving a few options during installation. Of course there will be cases where one will need to do some manual fine-tuning, but that boils down to just editing a ready-made UAE configuration file.

Edited by saimo on 2010/2/7 19:46:34
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo
Quote:

If you try the example I've already made available, you'll understand

Tryed now, indeed pretty easy and logical looks like. But still, thats only legaly games, but we all know that all the users want to play only warez games mostly ;)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Tryed now, indeed pretty easy and logical looks like.

Now just imagine how comfortable that must be to who isn't a UAE/Amiga(D)OS expert

Quote:
But still, thats only legaly games, but we all know that all the users want to play only warez games mostly ;)

Well, I honestly don't care: better having coverage for legal software than none at all

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Have one more problem, maybe you can help me with that (related to UAE itself). So, i have in my config:

Quote:

gfx_width=720
gfx_height=568
gfx_width_windowed=720
gfx_height_windowed=568

gfx_center_horizontal=smart
gfx_center_vertical=smart
gfx_correct_aspect=true

And as i understand, i must have 720x568 window (it works), and
because of aspect_ratio, it will fill all that window area, without black empty space (right ?). But at moment it not works for me (or works, but i cant get effect which i need (i mean fill all the window area by work data).

Have a look for example at that picture: Lion King in action, 720x568 mode. There you see those big empty areas. Like aspect ratio not scretch image for the full 720x568 look.

Then, i set:

Quote:

gfx_width=640
gfx_height=512
gfx_width_windowed=640
gfx_height_windowed=512

And i have that picture: Lion King in action, 640x512 mode. There is also those black empty areas, but for now they more or less small.

So, the question: Have EUAE any option, for strech all the data over all the window ? And if not, how i can to manage all the games run in "full-window", without black borders ? I need check every game and check by pixels size of working area ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
So, the question: Have EUAE any option, for strech all the data over all the window ? And if not, how i can to manage all the games run in "full-window", without black borders ? I need check every game and check by pixels size of working area ?

You have to check the size manually.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Back to the topic with Aladdin game: i found how i can make the game smooth and playable. For first i try all what you say, but that make no difference, then i just set "gfx_framerate=1" to "gfx_framerate=2". So, it mean skip one frame after other one. And visually, i have no any problems, game just start to work fast, smooth and without any problems and suttering in window and full-screen modes. Maybe it far from "ideal smooth perfect animation", but i cant detect by eyes any problems.

So, for any game, which slow after all the "speedup thinks", all users can just set skipping one frame, and while game visually will be the same, it will faster on 50% -> all what you need.

Rigth now plays in Aladdin up to 3 level, and now game in background, and i type that text , and have no suttering of audio or animation.

+ looks like with 1 frame skipping, its react on the keyboard control better,

Btw, for example i use the same "skip one frame" for FPSE, for the Tekken3 game. And again, whyle it works the same as without skipping, it plays faster on 50%.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I did not mention frameskipping because to me it causes too a severe quality drop - I'd rather not play a game than playing it with frameskipping.
Honestly, I can't understand why you prefer playing with frameskipping in a 640x512 window, rather than without frameskipping in a 320x256 screen...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Quote:

I did not mention frameskipping because to me it causes too a severe quality drop - I'd rather not play a game than playing it with frameskipping.
Honestly, I can't understand why you prefer playing with frameskipping in a 640x512 window, rather than without frameskipping in a 320x256 screen...

Because even in the full-screen with 320x256, and all your speedup tricks, and mono for sound - it's slow with Aladdin. But with only 1 frame skip, it start to works fast in any case (even with 640x512 window), and of course in full-screen too.

+ In general i really not see any difference in Aladdin with frame_skip=2. Maybe in some other games just skipping will be detectable, but with Aladdin looks like all is fine.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »