Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

E-UAE Test version and libz
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm trying to get E-UAE running on my sam440ep. While the WIP4 starts (somewhat awkward, but..), I'll get an error from the latest "test" version (20.01.2008):

"libz.so.1 missing"

Where's this shared object? In my SOBJs: is a libz.so without that trailing ".1".
What shall I do?

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Re: E-UAE Test version and libz
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@cha05e90

You'll need a version of libz.so which has an SONAME of libz.so.1
This probably means recompiling it yourself.

You could try creating a copy of libz.so and calling it libz.so.1 (or using a softlink for the same effect), but I doubt this will work. It depends whether elf.library checks the SONAME of shared objects it loads.

Go to top
Re: E-UAE Test version and libz
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris
From pure ignorance (and reading your suggestion) I just did that: making a clone of libz.so named libz.so.1 and - hey - it works! (maybe I will find problems later...). I am wondering why I *seem* to be first one reporting this, as the test version might be used by others before me...

Another question: I am not very familiar with the uae world, but there seem to be some kind of Picasso96 emulation inbuild - but what monitor driver should I use to activate it? I suppose my real 68k-Amigas CV64 and PicassoII won't work apparently...

[EDIT: Answering my own question...]

Ha, of course the CGX drivers won't work with Picasso96 - so I am trying to do the right and use "uaegfx.card" with a proper P96 backbone...

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top

Register To Post