Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Wordworth and OS4.1 update 1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

So far most things seem to be working well with the update.

I do still get strange lockups with the mouse which then need to time out, I had them with the previous OS 4.1 though and wonder if it may be hardware related ? USB mouse.

Anyway one big problem I do have is with Wordworth 7 which I did not have before. It generally works, and I can use it but when I try and open one particular window the A1 totally locks. A warm reboot is not possible and the computer needs to be cold booted from the reset button ot by turning on and off.

This happens when trying to open the Postcript Setup window from the Print Setup window. The wndow cannot draw one of its gadgets for some reason and the lockup occurs with a partially drawn window.

It would appear to be at Kickstart level and not due to missing libraries not copied etc. I tried going back to earlier versions of the OS (but using the new kickstart files) and I still get the same lockup.

Any ideas, even if only telling me which kickstart module I need to revert to an older version ?

Bill.

Go to top
Re: Wordworth and OS4.1 update 1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

Oops - it's the opposite here: While I had specific crashes under OS4.1 Beta (for SAM) WW7.1 now works rock stable with the Update 1. My PostscriptPrinterPrefs window in Wordworth opens here, I can do PS outputs to file and print to my postscript laser printer. Strange.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

Quote:
This happens when trying to open the Postcript Setup window from the Print Setup window. The wndow cannot draw one of its gadgets for some reason and the lockup occurs with a partially drawn window.

Opens fine here, I have an A1XE G3-800.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ALL

On a topic relating to Wordworth and other Digita installs I cannot for the life of me remember what the solution is when you try to install to a hard drive with oodles of space but get the message that you need at least 3.5MB of space. Any advice would be appreciated.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@iano

You should never need to reinstall WW when updating your Amiga OS. Just keep it a different partition to sys:

You just need to copy some fonts: from your previous OS4 backup partition and also an environment directory, envarc:wordworth.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BillE

perhaps I wasn't clear. I've recently purchased a Sam Flex system so am in the process of installing software. This is where I encountered the Wordworth issue regarding hard drive space.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@iano

How big is the partition you are installing to?

Perhaps you could install to RAM: then copy the installed directory to it's final destination. It's so long since I did the wordworth install from CD I can't remeber how it went.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE

Check for fonts.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues Quote:
Perhaps you could install to RAM: then copy the installed directory to it's final destination.

That should work, but remember to update Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/Wordworth/WwFonts to point to the correct folder. (Are there any other files which need updating?)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

Quote:
You just need to copy some fonts: from your previous OS4 backup partition and also an environment directory, envarc:wordworth.

The following are required to update your sys:partition to run wordworth:-
Quote:
Libs/digitafont.library
Libs/digitaintellifont.library
Libs/digitapostscript.library
Libs/digitatruetype.library
Fonts/WW_LasejetIII_CG_Times
Fonts/WW_LasejetIII_Line_Printer
Fonts/WW_LasejetIII_Univers
Fonts/WW_PS_Palatino
Fonts/WW_STANDARD_PICA
Prefs/Env-Archive/Wordworth/

Just copy accross from your OS4.1 partition.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

You don't need to copy them to the system disk. Just add the line "Assign Add Fonts: Wordworth7/WwFonts" to user-startup. Same for the WW Libs, you only need to copy the Wordworth folder into EnvArc:.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@iano

Here I can help you : the problem isn't Wordworth itself but the version of "Intaller". To work find copy your CD in RAM (or any other places) in order to replace the "Installer" : either you can copy the Workbench version in the drawer of WordWorth or in the Icon Tool, always of WW, select the path where you have the recent "Intaller" (could be in /utilities, /system or in C:).

And simply click the installer tool :) By the way, don't forget the update 7.01 of WordWorth. Well theorically the version 7.00 should work since AOS4.x.

Your welcome.

Nic

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@unimon

Quote:

Well theorically the version 7.00 should work since AOS4.x.

IIRC it barely works, the update from aminet is essential, if you wont to do anything meaningful under OS4

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@unimon

Thanks for this and that solution does ring bells from previous ocassions when this issue has cropped up. I will have a go at this solution shortly.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tonyw

Quote:
You don't need to copy them to the system disk. Just add the line "Assign Add Fonts: Wordworth7/WwFonts" to user-startup. Same for the WW Libs, you only need to copy the Wordworth folder into EnvArc:.

WwFonts does not contain the WW_ fonts, and the digita librarys are not kept anywhere in the Wordworth Directory, so those assigns wouldn't achieve anything.
The fonts and Libs are installed to the system partition by Wordworth itself, so I left them there.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Ahh, OK, in that case I must have put them there years ago in the OS3.9 days.

These days I simply "AssIgn Add ..." the fonts and libs from the Wordworth directory.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tonyw

guys thanx on this info..Now my best text writer is up and running perfect on my OS4.1!!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Some time ago (not sure when) Wordworth 7 stopped showing fonts correctly for me, so half the letters are missing, and the others appear super-bold (and so unreadable unless at very large size).

Anyone got any ideas?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

I had done all that.

It turned out to be something in my Wordworth Prefs settings. Deleting that and using a very old one from 2004 which I then updated, worked fine.

Maybe I should mark the first posting in this thread as solved, or maybe not as CHris has added a new problem that is unsolved yet.

My problem is solved though and WW works fine now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

which fonts? GUI fonts or document fonts?

If certain gui fonts are missing it will fallback to topaz or screenfont, often in inapproriate sizes for the fonts, thus resulting in peculaiar artifacts in the GUI.

If you are talking about document fionts, then it may be that you have a broken fonts list in wwfonts or something similar. Or libraries missing.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »