Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4.1 on Peg2 - IDE still buggy? - SOLVED
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi

I've installed OS 4.1 on my peg 2 and the updates from Hyperion's site and I get this error on startup of OS 4.1:

http://yfrog.com/4cpeg2idebugj

Also, just to note, that this is the last partition on my 160gb hd, the other partitions (formated with SFS as well) are fine.

Edited by Vulture on 2009/4/18 14:07:33
Go to top
Re: OS4.1 on Peg2 - IDE still buggy?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Vulture

I'm pretty sure that is a SFS specific error code. I got it alot on the classic running m68k SFS. Since I've moved to OS4 I've been using SFS2 and never once seen this requestor...

The only thing you can really do is reformat that partition... get everything off it...

So you see, you need to rename the title to SFS requester issue on Peg2

There is a small possibility that your last partition is actually smaller than what HDTools has set it at... and, if you haven't already make the move to SFS2 or the new J format...

good luck

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Vulture + all
I've been wondering. Everybody who has problems with SFS on Pegasos. On which platform you have created and formatted your SFS partitions ? OS4 and MOS versions have different maintainer and are slightly incompatible (?) AFAIK. So maybe that's the problem. Maybe SFS authors can comment.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

I can easyly read/write SFS partitions of Morphos under Aos4 (boch on peg2). But from other side, on Morphos i can read not all SFS parittion (if i remember corectlu can sfs/2 or sfs/3 and can't sfs/5 or sfs/6).

For example i download somethink by aos4 owb just to morphos work partition, then reboot to morphos, unpack/run/etc.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
sfs/3 and can't sfs/5 or sfs/6

There's not such thing as sfs/3, sfs/5 or sfs/6 (Smart File System). Do you mean FFS (Fast File System) ?

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

Little misunderstoods, but i mean SFS00 and sfs02.

Resized Image

DH3 = mos_sys:
DH4 = mos_work:

Using in action
(screenshoot)

Resized Image

SFS00 are usable (read/write) from boch systems, but i can't for example read/write SFS02 on mos. But for sure with SFS00 on aos, i also can use it from Mos.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TSK

There certainly is at least a little imcompatability between the two versions. I found on my PegII that OS4.1's Media Toolbox describes my MorphOS SFS partitions as corrupt. They work fine in use on OS4.1 though.
MorphOS can't read SFS\02.

My Amiga OS4.1 Machines:
Pegasos II G4 1Ghz 512MB
Pegasos II G4 1.26Ghz 1GB
Sam440ep 667Mhz 512MB
MicroA1-C G3 800Mhz 256MB
AmigaOne XE G3 800Mhz 512MB
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
So, I've deleted the partition and recreated with JXFS with os41's toolbox, I still get the same error. Any ideas are welcome. :)

EDIT:

Problem solved after I resized the partition to have 1 (!!!) cylinder less. Now works fine with SFS. Weird, isn't it?

Edited by Vulture on 2009/4/18 14:09:01
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Vulture

Quote:
Problem solved after I resized the partition to have 1 (!!!) cylinder less. Now works fine with SFS. Weird, isn't it?

Bad block maybe !? Nice to know it works now.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Dunno if it as a bad block although i highly doubt it as under OS3.9 and MOS 2.2 it was fine. Maybe some peculiarity of this HD and OS 4.1 peg2 ide driver (?). In any case, it works and all's good now :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Vulture

Quote:

Vulture wrote:

It is a little weird yes, but you end up stumbling across ideas like that when you are running out of sensible avenues to take and it seems like a good idea to try an even or odd amount depending on what the current is...

I believe I've done this myself once or twice over the years, and if it does work on occassion... well, it's as good as a sensible answer in most cases

btw, as an overview of the other incompatiablility issues, correct me if I am wrong but there is already quite a degree of incompatiability between different revisions of SFS so if one is not using the same version of SFS between didn't OSs then there is bound to be serious conflicts and incompatiabilities...

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yes, that's correct of course. SFS versions do have incompatibilities, but I think SFS/00 is "supposed" to be cross-compatible. That's what I had used. JXFS didn't help either. Anyway, it could well be some strange behavior of SFS after all as all the other partitions are SFS/00.

Go to top

Register To Post