Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Anonymous
OS 4.1 on Pegasos 2 installation problem SOLVED
I have a problem installing AmigaOS 4.1 on Pegasos 2 machine:

1. I followed the installation guide, launched "bootloader_prepare", then I'm booting with "boot cd amigaboot.of" command.

2. I can see loading modules in textmode, then display switches to graphics mode with some AmigaOS 4.1 wallpaper.

3. After a few seconds a shell windows opens. There are no working commands (even "dir" is unknown). There is totally empty WB screen under the shell. When I try to change directory to "CD0:" a requester "no disk in drive" appears, while of course AmigaOS 4.1 CD is still in the drive.

4. I've tried to enter bootmenu. CD is listed on the boot devices list, but is marked as "non bootable", is it OK?

Can you help me with installing the system?

Well, problem solved. The CD drive turned out to be defective (very rarely used, so haven't noticed it earlier). After replacing the drive installation went smoothly.

Edited by krashan on 2009/2/16 9:55:18
Go to top
Re: OS 4.1 on Pegasos 2 installation problem SOLVED
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@krashan

Good to hear. Now what is your impression of OS4.1?

Go to top
Anonymous
@HammerD

Well, it is too early to say, I have to use it more first. The first noticeable things:

- AmigaOS 4 boots much longer than MorphOS, on the other hand warm reboot is much faster than complete MorphOS reboot. I haven't measured exact times yet.

- There is no software shutdown in AmigaOS 4, at least in the Workbench menu.

I've also used OWB a bit, but I guess the version included on the installation CD is a bit old, so I have to upgrade before any opinions, OWB for both MorphOS and AmigaOS develops dynamically.

Now I'm going to download the SDK for the main purpose of my AmigaOS 4 installation: compiling, testing and bugfixing DigiBooster 3 for AmigaOS.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@krashan
Quote:
AmigaOS 4 boots much longer...

That is usually caused by the TCP/IP stack which defaults to waiting for the network.
One trick is to add "Run >NIL:" in front of the AddNetInterface command in S:Startup-Sequence.

Quote:
There is no software shutdown in AmigaOS 4, at least in the Workbench menu.

Correct. Just hit the power button as always.

Quote:
Now I'm going to download the SDK for the main purpose of my AmigaOS 4 installation: compiling, testing and bugfixing DigiBooster 3 for AmigaOS.

Let us know if you run into any trouble with the SDK.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@krashan

Quote:

krashan wrote:
- There is no software shutdown in AmigaOS 4, at least in the Workbench menu.

True, there is a dos command called reboot which allows you to do a hard reboot (load in kickstart directory) or a soft reset (reset the workbench), probably created for people who use keyboards that don't support Amiga A key remapping or similair.

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, does DigiBooster require other dependencies? Libs or such that you needed to port or create for the application to compile.

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Anonymous
That is usually caused by the TCP/IP stack which defaults to waiting for the network.
One trick is to add "Run >NIL:" in front of the AddNetInterface command in S:Startup-Sequence.

Don't think so, as I have static IP address configuration. Most time consuming part of boot process is loading kernel modules. I can do some time measurements if you are interested.

Let us know if you run into any trouble with the SDK.

Well, there were no serious problems. SDK is one of the strongest AmigaOS 4 points. I've noticed first there are no 'mkdir', 'rm', 'cp' and 'cat' commands, which I use in my makefiles, but then it turned out I just should download the bigger SDK archive, not the minimal one. Then there are no MUI includes in the SDK. I guess it is because of "political" reasons, but well, I had these headers prepared for Zerohero Linux crosscompiler, so just copied them in proper places. After that I had to add "#define __USE_OLD_TIMEVAL__" in some places, but this is obvious. Then the compilation of DigiBooster has been flawless.

Go to top
Anonymous
@Slayer

Just out of curiosity, does DigiBooster require other dependencies? Libs or such that you needed to port or create for the application to compile.

No. The only dependency is MUI, but it is ported already. DigiBooster 3 does not depend on stardard C library even (it is linked with -nostdlib -nostartfiles).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@krashan

thank you for your investment on DigiBooster especially for also supporting AmigaOS 4 whereas this was not your privileged OS that's much appreciated and shows some sort of openmindness from you.
I wish you success with DigiBooster and hope you'll enjoy your experience with AmigaOS 4

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top

Register To Post