Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Automatic Window Update
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Would it be possible for automatic window updating to be enabled when window contents are updated from another process in Workbench?

For example:
If I extract an archive to RAM: using Unarc and the RAM Disk window is open already, the contents are not automatically refreshed unless I do it manually from the Workbench menu. This is a bit of a nuisance.

I believe that the ability to implement this is now available in OS4.1 so could an option to enable this be made available through Workbench prefs so it could be turned on or off depending on user preference?

Please, please, please!

Thanks in advance.

AmigaOne XE-G4, 512MB RAM (OS4.1)
Radeon 9250, Terratec Aureon 5.1
CDRW, DVDRW, SII0680
Go to top
Re: Automatic Window Update
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Matt

Install AutoUpdateWB commodity.

Edit: I read user comments from os4depot and it looks like some people have problems with this commodity and AOS4.1. Can anybody confirm ?

Unfortunately using WBCtrl tool to enable similar functionality in WB hasn't worked too well ever (I mean the similar functionality in WB which is disabled by default.)

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Matt

I think JXFS does it.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TSK

Isn't that commodity just a hack? I understand the ability to auto update window contents is a more recent implementation and the files you link to are several years old, way before 4.1 came to be.

AmigaOne XE-G4, 512MB RAM (OS4.1)
Radeon 9250, Terratec Aureon 5.1
CDRW, DVDRW, SII0680
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Matt

I have used AutoUpdateWB all the time with AOS4.0 and 4.1. I haven't heard of anything else. ?????

@LiveForIt
Quote:
I think JXFS does it.

Is this true ? I think I made some tests after installing 4.1 and didn't find any such functionality.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've had AutoUpdateWB installed pretty much since day 1 (and previously, under WB3.5 too IIRC). Occasionally under OS4.1 the window contents don't update, but this seems very rare.

This functionality still doesn't appear to be present without AutoUpdateWB.

Go to top

Register To Post