Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Lost the CD drive
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

I used to have a working CD(RW) drive, I've installed the OS with it! It's connected to VIA IDE primary (unit 0), with no other devices there. But at some point I had to reset UBoot settings, and after that it hasn't been recognized under OS4. It does show up in UBoot, no matter how many 'ide reset' I do, and it does work in debian as well (although I didn't try writing). What did I forget? I've looked at the env variables again and again. a1ide.device sits in devs: as always.

Go to top
Re: Lost the CD drive
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Thematic

a1ide.device should be in SYS:Kickstart, otherwise the drives cannot be found until the kickstart has been loaded.

None of the AmigaOS installers put that device in Devs:, so I'm not sure what has happened here. More information would be handy, like which OS version you have, and how did you install it.

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thematic

One thing, some apps look in the icon info for a CD unit number, that one always gets me.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rigo

Indeed, NOT devs:! I must have been dreaming.

This is 4.0 final, a1ide.device is 52.1. I've mostly used idetool to see whether the drive is picked up, but I suppose I should try actual media in case I missed something.

Go to top

Register To Post