Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

4.1 GUI prefs glitch
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Has anyone succeeded in changing the Active Title Bar color for the acvtive window? I've changed a bunch of GUI prefs to a Gold theme, but I cannot get the Title Bar for the active window to change from the default blue.

This is a clean install of 4.1

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Re: 4.1 GUI prefs glitch
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Paul

By default a bitmap-skin is used, you need to disabel it if you want to change the color. Or you could edit the bitmap.

@os4-team
Maybe it is a good idea to disable anything in GUI-Prefs that you cant change (ok, it does change, but the user will not see it) when you use Skins.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Slightly off topic -- but related to the gui on 4.1 for the Sam. I am seeing some freeze/lock-ups when resizing windows (ctrl-all-alt does not work and need to do cold power reset). Doesn't always happen -- not sure how to reproduce execpt to open multiple windows and then drag the size gadget back and forth for awhile on 1 winow and then I see system freeze (mouse / keybourd etc is locked)

I tried both the "old" 4.0 preset and new 4.1 preset in prefs...seeing same thing every once awhile.

EDIT: Actually, can just try to open "media toolbox" -- go to partition editor and then size window -- have been able to reproduce this!

EDIT: Some other issues: Fonts prefs when scaling smaller, window gets corrupted (preview has dark grey background instead of picture)

Also, been seeing 8000 0003 gurus--I can probably post these to os4depot -- seems to be related to intuition.library.

Edited by my_pc_is_amiga on 2008/10/26 20:33:11
Edited by my_pc_is_amiga on 2008/10/26 20:48:21
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ZeroG

Quote:
By default a bitmap-skin is used, you need to disabel it if you want to change the color. Or you could edit the bitmap.

Thanks for pointing that out. I put the image in ImageFX and made a copy of the skin file in a color I liked.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@Paul

I do not belief this! Show us a screenshot for proof!

Just a little add on: You can also change the transparence of the titlebar by manipulating the mask of the image.

Have fun!

Martin "Mason" Merz
www.masonicons.de

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe . . .
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@my_pc_is_amiga

Does it also happen if you disable transparent windows in GUI Prefs?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mason

Quote:
I do not belief this! Show us a screenshot for proof!

Now you did it! I had to go dig up my photobucket details so I could post some pics! Good thing I'm sitting around the house bored to tears while a shattered shoulder heals.

Here's two shots:

Workbench shot

OWB shot

Quote:
Just a little add on: You can also change the transparence of the titlebar by manipulating the mask of the image.

Have fun!

I am. I haven't been able to find the time to use my Amiga like I would like to, until this accident with my shoulder. Typing is a bit awkward, but it's still fun!

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@COBRA

I didn't try that specifically but indirectly I think when
I select OS4.0 look from presets drawer, transparency is turned off -- an still seeing freezing.

For the other issue, I got the gurus posted on os4depot. To replicate the gurus, I can open and close the prefs editors multple times -- and eventually I get intuition to crash nearly at that same location.

Edited by my_pc_is_amiga on 2008/10/28 7:36:40
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Paul

I've changed a bunch of GUI prefs to a Gold theme

Where's the GoldenHawk?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11367727@N07/

You call that a GUI? -- Crocodile Dundee

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

When did you add the Studenakers? I'vgve never seen those before?

When I tried to apply the Gold theme I do have, I had a lot of weird behaviors. That's when I devided to "roll my own."

Is your theme out there somewhere complete with pictures, so I can try the latest on 4.1?

I shattered my shoulder a couple weeks ago, so I still have a little time to play when I'm feeling up to it.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Paul
When did you add the Studenakers? I'vgve never seen those before?
Those 'hawks' were googled!

When I tried to apply the Gold theme I do have, I had a lot of weird behaviors. That's when I devided to "roll my own."
The GoldWB theme was a creation when I got the OS4 'final' update.

Is your theme out there somewhere complete with pictures, so I can try the latest on 4.1?
The old 'bugged' one is at Yahoo Groups. I don't have OS4.1 yet, sorry.

I shattered my shoulder a couple weeks ago, so I still have a little time to play when I'm feeling up to it.
Oh god, that's gotta smart! Did you screwup the 'rotator cup' real bad? Hope you recover ok without too manyside effects!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:
The old 'bugged' one is at Yahoo Groups. I don't have OS4.1 yet, sorry.

It's nice being able to run the newer OWB revisions again. Anything else I was using under 4.0 is still working under 4.1, except for a really irritating screen redraw issue in AWeb.

Quote:
Oh god, that's gotta smart! Did you screwup the 'rotator cup' real bad? Hope you recover ok without too manyside effects!

No, the cuff is all good. They had to sew up a lot of torn muscles and tendons, and put a long rod down the humorous bone with a metall ball at the top to replace the shattered "ball joint." Typing is a little awkward for now (among other things!!)

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Paul

Quote:

except for a really irritating screen redraw issue in AWeb.

Oh er yes ... that's sorted in CVS, just got fix one other bug, then I can release a OS4.1 fix.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
Quote:

except for a really irritating screen redraw issue in AWeb.

Oh er yes ... that's sorted in CVS, just got fix one other bug, then I can release a OS4.1 fix.

Excellent! AWeb is still a lot faster, and with downloading working in AWeb still a very necessary tool.

Thanks

Paul

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post