Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Copying From USB System Freeze
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I booted up my computer with no background tasks other than the original SS.

I have a compact flash form factor hard drive (2 gigs). I put it into the USB CF card reader and made a box around 6 files, then grabbing one so all went across I put them in an open subdirectory on my hard drive.

It copied a ~262000 byte file over, and when the 2nd one started the system locked up. I could still however move my mouse around, and start programs from the shell that was still open.

Well, I tried clock and it didn't work, froze that shell, but newshell did work. I typed in "list usb0:" and that shell locked up.

When I rebooted, I checked the directory where the file was transferred to and the 262000 file was just fine. It started on a second ~250000 file, but froze at about 32,000 bytes, and the date was the current date, not the original file's date, while the intact file had the correct old date on it.

So, I copied every file, one by one from USB0: to ram:, then from ram: to the internal hard drive with copy ... clone from the shell. That worked just fine.

After that, I had all the files successfully on my HD I tried something else.

I did the same thing, grabbing all six files with the mouse, but moved them to a subdirectory in RAM: then grabbing all 6 and copying from RAM: to the hard drive..... That worked out just fine, all the files were duplicated over intact and the system didn't lock up, and now I started AWeb and am posting.

Here are the files.

Directory "dh6:test" on Monday 01-Sep-08
hollywood_dv.lha 40085866 ----rwed 18-Aug-08 06:13:10
HollyW.nri 1309 ----rwed 18-Aug-08 07:37:02
designer_dv.lha 21213889 ----rwed 18-Aug-08 06:34:50
dedv_install.lzh 265470 ----rwed 18-Aug-08 06:25:26
Malibu1_11.lha 262652 ----rwed 18-Aug-08 06:25:42
hwdv_install.lzh 267856 ----rwed 18-Aug-08 06:24:26
6 files - 59M bytes - 30400 blocks used

I'm using AOS4, pre release 4.
I'm using best PIO, I can't UDMA as I don't have the fix, or a SII HD controller in a PCI slot.

If a person gets that HD controller, can an AmigaOne use 8 IDE devices? 4 on the controller card and 4 on the motherboard? Just checking.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Re: Copying From USB System Freeze
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Atheist

Quote:
can an AmigaOne use 8 IDE devices? 4 on the controller card and 4 on the motherboard?

Yes.

4 x Best PIO mode on motherboard.
4 x UDMA on PCI controller card

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post