Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 101

root, Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cheap Amigas
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello everyone,

I love the Amiga but I've never owned one (I have very fond memories of many, many hours of gaming on my best friend's A500+ when I was younger).

I've always wanted one and decided it's time to finally try and get my hands on one, but I really don't like how expensive they are on eBay.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations on how to get a bargain on one? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Go to top
Re: Cheap Amigas
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@CLXIV

No doubt, price is depended on number buyers/bidders vs items available for sale.

This make original Amiga computer quickly becomes expensive collector items. While you can buy old Amiga you can find your self spending the same amount money as top range Amiga like the AmigaONE-X5000 or X1000.

But if you’re not willing to spend that kind of money, then it becomes question of what you’re willing to spend and what level of compatibility you are looking for. if you don’t care about small details like interlace mode not look right, or extra latency between what you do and what you see on the screen, then you might perfectly be fine whit a software emulator like WinUAE / FSUAE.

* Windows PC / Linux PC
* Get a raspberry pi kit,

If that does not fit your needs then I guess you have to look at FPGA computers. FPGA Amiga computers, uses programmable chips.

* Get a minimig
* Get a FPGA arcade.
* Get a Vampire

If you’re are looking for running new software then you are looking at used Sam440’s or Sam460’s systems, and AmigaONE-XE/SE/Micro machines.

Next is option of buying new computers, if like to have warranty, and then I guess you endup on AmigaONE-X5000.

If you’re looking for alternatives to Amiga you need to look somewhere else.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2019/11/16 15:28:41
Edited by LiveForIt on 2019/11/16 15:30:04
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Re: Cheap Amigas
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks but I'm not really looking for anything other than an authentic original Amiga (A500 is fine). FS-UAE is really nice though

Go to top

Register To Post