Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
256 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 255

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: Amiwest news
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vox

Quote:

I am more interested in when will updates (NTFS driver and X1000 onboard ethernet - as only promised) appear on AmiUpdate?

You do know that there is such a thing as beta testing, right? Also before they are released publicly components need to be tested that they work correctly with the publicly available versions of other components which might not be the same as the latest ones used in regular beta testing.

FWIW insufficient testing with public components is what caused the ClickToFront problem which produced quite a stir some time back.

In any case the only reliable answer is: "When it's done"™.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@vox

Quote:
What do I expect? Promises to be kept. Week is little time and is quite much time. There were only two current AmigaOS news (not promises) that are NTFS driver and X1000 onboard ethernet, and for example I do need them on day to day basis.

At the other hand, Ubuntu Remix was avail for install on X1000 months from now, and is already announced as done deal officially, but is not available.

steven announced the existence of the FUSE layer and an NTFS implementation for it one week ago. he also said that it was being tested and would be released soon. he also said that the ethernet driver was still being tested, but should also be released soon.

if you want to run GNU/linux on your X1000 there are *eleven* distros available for you to run. the new ubuntu live DVD is coming as soon as they deply the amistore.

oh, and as for news vs promises, there was tons of news at the show. tons. you weren't there, ok? the videos of the presentations were done by volunteers. and volunteers do not have a responsibility to post things for you instantly.

what on earth is wrong with you? ever since you got an X1000 you seem to have turned into a demanding, impatient, spamming nutcase. smoke some ganga and relax, already.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eliyahu

I understand This guys owners of x1000 and 460 just because I have an 460 too ...
Don't have drivers for some standard things like 3d acceleration or for x1000 user use only 1/5 of the machine potential become days by days make user not patience and ungry.
I enter in he Valhalla after buy a pegasos 2 ...I'm, Very enthusiastic for machine and how good it is the drivers status.
I'm really full appreciate the os4 in all the ways, yes so much things need to do there too .. No h264 hw acceleration or no memory protection ... But now I'm not more screaming ad asking for nothing
Just i can simple waithing.

Go to top
Anonymous
@eliyahu

Answer is simple: with enough horsepower, its even more obvious what AmigaOS lacks. I have to connect RTL card to router to have Internet, run Timberwolf and OWB together becaues TW is incomplete and so on.

Especially when you compare it to what you can do in any Linux.

> what on earth is wrong with you? ever since you got an X1000 > you seem to have turned into a demanding, impatient, > > > > > spamming nutcase. smoke some ganga and relax, already.

Surely, everything I write is nuts, ganja related, spam and everything is just perfect etc.

Well, I will try to reach AmiWest next year, seems its only way to find the mystic ways.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@vox

Quote:

eliyahu wrote:

what on earth is wrong with you? ever since you got an X1000 you seem to have turned into a demanding, impatient, spamming nutcase.

+ 1. Your attitude and behaviour will bring you nothing, believe me. The only outcome of your lengthy rants will be that the developers will turn off whenever they see a post by you. You'll end up alone in deep space, and no one will hear you scream there.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Anonymous
@trixie

>+ 1. Your attitude and behaviour will bring you nothing, >believe me. The only outcome of your lengthy rants will be >that the developers will turn off whenever they see a post >by you. You'll end up alone in deep space, and no one will >hear you scream there.

That is a very sad state of community, truly.

So I will leave you off the stress for some time and become advanced Linux user. See you 2014!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@trixie
Quote:
The only outcome of your lengthy rants will be that the developers will turn off whenever they see a post by you.

You are right about that.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)