Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Amiga user for the longest time?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
1987 I think. Psygnosis and their Brataccas demo have a lot to answer for, turning the head of a young Spectrum user.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@eha

I doubt you were paying in Euros back then!

As for me, well I'm kind of a newbie, my dad bought an A600 in '92 (?), and I hogged it by playing Lemmings solidly for several months until I finally completed the game. I got my own A500 in March 1993, I think, and an A1200 in '96/7 followed by my AmigaOne G4-XE in November 2003.

Chris

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Valiant

around OCT 1985 for me too
and previous to that were comodore 64 then 128 and a 128d :)

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Skov

Damn, I can't remember. I know my brother and me harassed my parents to get us one, I'd have to say it was Christmas '85. Amiga 1000 with genlock and hard drive. I later bought the 512 expansion for it. You know, after I installed that I was amazed at the difference. I upgraded it and games just automatically knew it was there and worked better, like played more sounds and performed better, without having to set anything up, it just did. Never could beat the platform. I hope this new hardware comes to fruition.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Valiant

I've been an Amiga since 1876, using a steam powered PSU and having a team of servants stoking the fire to keep WB 0.2 running.

Da Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've got my A500 in 89, and used until 1997 when I've bought an used A1200 with a lot of goods to it.
I 2000 I've sold my A1200 (the most stupid thing to do), and in 2005 bought a A500 with KS1.3 + disk used over the internet. I'm holding on to that one, and I will never sell it again. I surely miss my old A1200

Regards Agemam ......

Hey let's port AmigaOS to x86
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Valiant

Around 89-90 with an A500 upgraded to 1MB when Lotus Turbo Esprit Challenge was released...

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Valiant

I first saw an Amiga on 1987. It was my cousins A2000 with kickstart 1.2. I remember playing defender of the crown, Amegas, giana's systers and marble maddness. and playing around a lot with AegisAnimator (was it v1.0?) Dpaint and TV-Text. What a fun!
I started to save all the money I coud and finally 3 years later for my 15th birthday, I bought an A2000 with an A2088 board. What a present I made myself!! But I still ask myself wy I didn't buy an A3000 instead?!?
Then -i guess it was 1995- I bought an A1200, the A4000 came 2nd hand on 1998.. can't remember for shure.
And the A1 on 2004. Wow, It's already 3 years ago!!
next will be Sam or ACK or both I guess..we'll see.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Valiant

December 25 1985, My X-Mas present - A1000

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@valiant

I guess it was around 1988/89. I was at a student exchange in USA. I saw an A500 with a demo in a "Computer?s Boutique" or something like that (cant remember the name exactly) in San Diego.
I called my parents (i was like 14/15 years old), ask for permission, bought it (came with Tetris, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego & Texctraft Plus), got it back to Argentina, made the switch to convert it to PAL, sold ALL my C64 stuff (to cover all money i spent in the A500).

The very next day, my father came with a 1084 monitor, as a gift

That was the beginning of my story with Amiga, until now...too many Amigas to count, so little space to mess around...

:)

Regards

Sebastian

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)