Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Amiga T-Shirts?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I recently got a nice polo shirt with Tux, the Linux mascot embroidered on the breast, and it actually looks pretty good, so I was wondering about organising a run of similar shirts with one of the Amiga logos on it... What do people think? Minimum orders for these things are around 20-30, and at those numbers you're usually looking at ?30 each (around ?25 for the Brits).

Anyone interested? I think it's a different idea to the usual printed shirts you see with a huge Amiga image printed across them - usually ruling them out for everyday wear...

Go to top
Re: Amiga T-Shirts?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daedalus

I'd be interested...though it depends on the style & look of the shirt/logo

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, it sounds interesting.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just waiting for the official T-shirt from Bill McEwen...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@shadowsun

LOL, you may keep waiting so I have some printed Amiga t-shirts from a long time ago, but they're not the sort of thing I could wear around the office, and couldn't find any more anywhere on the net so thought we could sort our own out. The rainbow checkmark is out due to the number of colours which would be needed, so the Amiga word with the red square over the i, the boing ball, and the old Amiga font logo are the main ideas I was thinking of...

I'll talk to some suppliers here, it's possible that a run could consist of different styles seeing as the expensive part is setting up the embroidery rig with the logo.

The shirt I have is this: Amazon Clicky and that's the style I was thinking of, maybe in a pale colour. Something that simple anyway...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Daedalus
I wouldn't mind some more Amiga wear.

Technically, it is illegal to do this kind of thing due to trademark protection et al but I'd bet Amiga Inc's legal team is far too busy suing everybody else to notice anyway.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daedalus

I might be interested in this, depending on how it looks

Professional Python and SQL Developer / BASI 2 Snowboard Instructor
Amigan since 1990: AmigaOne XE / A4000/030 / A500
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daedalus

I have enough Amiga T-shirts already, it cost me $50 as well, I didn't even want a damned T-shirt you can't really wear them in northern Scotland apart from two days a year. I do want my $50 voucher but that is never going to happen as Amiga Inc are criminal scum.

> (around ?25 for the Brits)

Bloody hell that is about as expensive as my other unwanted Amiga T-shirt. What planet do you live on, I would never pay more than ?5 for an item of clothing, especially one that I could only wear a few times in a year or even my lifetime. Are clothes really that expensive these days, I am shuddering at the thought of what the missus must waste on our clothing. No I do not want to even think about it.

No thanks, I have one too many Amiga T-shirts already, I would rather have Amiga computers.

Bill.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

LOL, yes, some shirts can be expensive. That's around the price I paid for a polo shirt with a custom embroidered logo on it before. But then, I'm a fan of t-shirts, have dozens here, and I doubt any of them cost less than ?10-15. We all have our things

Thankfully I didn't get stung by the Amiga t-shirt scam, and I'm not looking to rip people off, or even make a profit out of this. Just looking to share the cost of a production run.

I'll see about doing some mock-ups over the next day or 2...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daedalus

Not sure I'm interested in an amiga tshirt at all but certainly not at that price!

FYI our recent folk and roots festival tshirts came out at a sales price ?10 each to break even with about 50% being given away for promotional purposes, so if your print wants ?25 a shirt find a different one!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

amiga inc is the last part in this world to complant about tshirts.. any one remember the scam `?

iff you want to you just make a tshirt if you want i dont think will will sue you for one tshirts and i dont think i have the money for a courtcase ether.. and after the tshirt scam i dont think i will jail out about some tshirts

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

Yes, the price is pretty high, but I'm not talking about printing - I can get that done pretty cheaply! I also have a number of Amiga t-shirts which are printed. What I'm looking to get done is emproidery on a decent quality polo shirt, and that costs a good bit more. It's around the price we paid for similar shirts for a car forum I'm part of, and that was about the cheapest it got for that sort of a shirt and work.

Looks like I'm not getting the numbers I need so... Oh well, thanks anyway

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
well polo shirts are pretty gay actually.
I'd be ok for a black amiga tshirt as long as it doesn't mention OS4.x, only Amiga.

Sam440EP - AmigaOS 4.1 up6
Powerbook G4 - MorphOS 3.2
Macmini G4 - MorphOS 3.2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daedalus

Like the idea but not the polo shirts,sorry. A standard t-shirt with amigaos 4.1 logo on back would be nice.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daedalus

I like the polo shirts idea (no I'm *not* gay.. I just like them.. after all, you don't have to half-way erect the shroud, which *really* makes them looking.. well.. you know). And I like the idea of not yet another printed shirt ... I can do the prints on my own without the need to get dozens of those shirts... prints are cheap in production and also in look and quality compared to embroidery..

Anyway, Daedalus you may count me in for 1 or 2 (depending on available colors... one white shirt and one black shirt would be cool).

AmigaOS 4 core developer
www.os4welt.de - Die deutsche AmigaOS 4 Gemeinschaft

"In the beginning was CAOS.."
-- Andy Finkel, 1988 (ViewPort article, Oct. 1993)
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daedalus

I've been toying with the idea of taking some graphics from aminet down to any local mall here to make my own tshirt.. every single mall in Auckland has these places.

You've pretty much convinced me now! I've been putting it off too long. Now that you mention it.. I want an Amiga coffee mug too. Screw that, I want a WookieChat coffee mug!

Stop giving me ideas.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daedalus

Alinea Computer has some Amiga fan article and Amiga T-Shirts:
http://www.alinea-computer.de/catalog/index.php?cPath=42_44

AmigaOne XE G3 750FX 800Mhz/2 GB Ram + Radeon 9000PRO 128MB +AmigaOS4.1
A4000T CyberstormPPC 604e-200Mhz/060/128MB+CybervisionPPC 8MB +AmigaOS4
and anymore other Amigas...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
FWIW, I'd also be interested in one or two Amiga
embroidered "polo" shirts... depending on the design
& color.

I used to have a white one with the tilted-red-square
Amiga logo shirts, but it's long since worn away.

As for all the whining about "polo" shirts, at least
the collar lets you wear them in more professional
settings than T-shirts.

Put the collar up if you want folks to question your
...err ..."persuation".

Thanks,

PJS

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pjs

I like this boing ball. Maybe with an amiga logo would be nice?

http://www.divisionzero.org/goodies/amiga_boing.jpg

Maybe this one here?

http://indlovu.bundublog.com/files/2009/08/amiga-boing-ball.png

Maybe with this amiga logo aswell?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia ... /800px-Amiga-Logo.svg.png

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daedalus

Quote:
LOL, yes, some shirts can be expensive. That's around the price I paid for a polo shirt with a custom embroidered logo on it before. But then, I'm a fan of t-shirts, have dozens here, and I doubt any of them cost less than ?10-15. We all have our things

Sorry to be so negative but when presented with the words T-shirt and Amiga in the same sentence I lose all sense of reason }:-/

I must admit T shirts are not much use in northern Scotland, it is so easy to miss our couple of days of summer by being at work.

Good luck with your project, the embroidered thing sounds better than the usual printed logo so does explain the price. Whatever you do, don't let me put you off !

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »