Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 140

amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: DVPlayer? Any Good?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
DvPlayer is really good ! And it even plays DVD (I have a MicroAOne). We have to pay it but it is not really expensive. And the last version of mplayer crashes here.

Today, we shew it to VLC developers at a meeting in Lyon, France. They were quite impressed (and very kind and open, they would like to see VLC on Amiga too !).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@corto

VLC on AmigaOS4 would be nice, VLC are already present on MorphOS, so I think that a porting would be quite easy

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
DVPlayer is just so fine a piece of software I couldn't live without using OS4. I hope flv and mov (and rm at some point....pretty please? :) ) support are on their way!

It's one of those ultra essential things one must buy for his OS4 - period.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi All,

I just wanted to add another voice in support of DVPlayer - if you have
OS4 run out and buy/register it right away!

Yes, we have MPlayer and FFmpeg for free, but DVPlayer provides all
the benefits of a native Amiga program with modern interface -
visible and interactive progress bar and volume control, ASL requesters.
multi-file support, etc. in a good looking, responsive package.

I don't mean to slight MPlayer and FFmpeg, they provide the very
important safety net that lets us play and convert all those video
and audio files and streams that DVPlayer doesn't... but they are
clearly still foreign programs with a few rough spots.

Second, I have found that DVPlayer is nearly bulletproof in operation.
Typically, more reliable than anything else on the Amiga and even
more reliable than the video player on OSX. While it may not play
everything, I have almost never seen it crash (unless provoked by
my own OS4 beta testing).

Lastly, registration supports the work of Cobra on this wonderful
program. Yes, I'd like to see him add support for missing formats
and streaming media and, obviously, development will come faster
with more registrations.

So to anyone that hasn't, please run out and register now!

Thanks,

PJS

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@pjs

Ditto. Cool program.

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks Mr. Fellner. I got it (registered version) Saturday evening. Fast delivery.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@TSK

I got it Sunday, IIRC. Anyhow, I have installed it, but I have no sound, despite having sound on the Demo version, (which now hasn't got sound either)

I stuck both files in libs/avcodecs

I am really at a loss why I have no sound with DVplayer.

Help please.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mikey_C

Did you read (and do) what Hans wrote:

Quote:
@Mikey_C

The audio codec needs to be downloaded separately from avcodec. Download a52_codec.lha and dca_codec.lha.

Hans

Put the files in Libs:avcodecs

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

You should check if it's only AC3 that does not work, or that you get no sound at all, not even with normal MPEG/AVI files. If you get no sound at all, then you shoudl check your AHI Prefs, and make sure that you have "Unit 0" correctly configured. Some programs use "Music Unit", but DvPlayer uses the device interface of AHI, and that needs "Unit 0" correctly configured.

@All

There's no reason for everyone to register DvPlayer. There's a demo version available from the DvPlayer website as well as OS4Depot. If you like it, then it's worth registering, if it doesn't do what you need, then don't. If something does not play with the demo version, it won't play with the registered version. An exception to this is the OS4 Special Edition that's on the OS4 CD. That one will not play AVI and WMV, only MPEG.

FLV and MOV support is planned, as well as many other things, but it won't happen this year, because it's a lot of work, and I don't have enough spare time for it right now.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I forgot to tell that the next feature I would like to see is the management of menus in DVDs, too.

Thanks again for the very good work so far. I am pleased to see other people has registered these last days ! (maybe more soon with new Sam440 users).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@COBRA

I'm using a classic amiga and soon a SAM+AOS4.1 and suddenly have an interest for AOS4.x programs

Following this thread about DVplayer and think allready to register to this program , I have make a link with Cobra and the RIVA program I have registered years ago.

I have discovered again old mails, on my YAM, with Cobra/stephen during 2001 (riva 0.43) to 2004 (riva 0.50) and suddenly verry happy to have registered RIVA because maybe It's a little part of my, old now, support for riva who give me now soon the great successor of RIVA called DVplayer soon on My new amiga computer with AOS4.1 and a great programmer on the amiga, called Cobra

short version: Hey, Old Riva and DVplayer programs are from the same author, verry great !!!

@Corto

hey thats sure SAM users will register to DVplayer (and others AOS4.x programs)...

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@COBRA

Turns out that its the the user himself

Superb bit of software, I am very happy

Recommended to any other Amiga user who wants to view DVDs on their Amiga

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@corto

Don't want to disappoint, but DVD menu support is rather low priority on my list, because:

- DVD movies can be enjoyed without the menu
- It is very major effort, giving only a relatively small added value to the program
- Support for other movie formats like FLV/MOV is more sought after by most people and thus has higher priority

However DVD subtitle support has a higher priority, and I do intend to look at that some time in the near future.

@All

Thanks a lot for the nice words

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:

COBRA wrote:
@corto

Don't want to disappoint, but DVD menu support is rather low priority on my list, because:

- DVD movies can be enjoyed without the menu
- It is very major effort, giving only a relatively small added value to the program
- Support for other movie formats like FLV/MOV is more sought after by most people and thus has higher priority

Understood. However, I've had several DVDs (can't remember what titles, sorry) that have the main movie hidden so that it's impossible to find by just browsing through the different streams on the DVD. They have hidden it somehow.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

That's possible, if the movies are referenced directly by the positino of their blocks on the CD where they begin, in that case you don't actually need them in the filesystem.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Understood. However, I've had several DVDs (can't remember what titles, sorry) that have the main movie hidden so that it's impossible to find by just browsing through the different streams on the DVD. They have hidden it somehow.

Hans

I'm not YET Sam440 user (Where are this mobos??), but one of the first programs on my AmigaOS4.x check list is a DVPlayer :). I hope there is a lot of "us" waiting!

So... Personally I don't care about menus BUT I like StarTrek :)... and there you basically can't watch the episodes without menu :(.

I understand you have "your own" priorities. If the Sam440 will be released and AmigaOS hardware will be created... We really need good DVD (video on general) software.

Your price is great. Considering prices of DVD players for PC, you are "cheap" ;).

Thank you for your presence on this forum, it pleasure to talk to the authors of software "in person" (not like in PC world).

Good luck with your work!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Kreciu

Have you checked the Acube site for SamEP440 mainboard ?

http://www.acube-systems.biz

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

I heard that they produce it... they sold everything, that this mobo is just in next corner, that "tomorrow" the AmigaOS "will be shipped". Sounds like nothing changed ;).

WHERE this stuff IS NOW?!

I'm kind of joking here, but actually... :D

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Kreciu

Are you kidding ?
The Sam440 mobos are sold by every Amiga reseller, many Amigans are already using Sam440 with AmigaOS 4.1 and at the end of this week, many will receive their order (Sam440 + OS 4.1).

Cobra: Personnally, I'd rather go for FLV and MOV support instead of DVD menus

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@COBRA

I just received my registered version...thanks! Works great, but when I try to play an encrypted DVD it gives me read/write errors. I have the libdvdcss in the plugins.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »