Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

sinisrus, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ignition open sourced
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Perhaps someone wants to port this to OS4.x ?

http://ignition.berlios.de/

It's a spread-sheet application. (Excel etc)

Quote:

Over the past 12 years, ignition has been developed by me (Axel D?rfler/ pinc Software), and Alexander Bartz, who accompanied me in the first few years, but has left the Amiga a long time ago. Due to limited time, I came to the conclusion that trying to create an open source project around ignition is the best option to ensure its future existence and maintenance. Now, I finally found the time to do so.

I hope that, over time, a few people will find interest in further developing ignition. I plan to stay around, and make sure to answer any questions that pop up, and eventually submit a patch myself.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: ignition open sourced
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

I get a DSI error in rtg.library when running it on OS4.1.

I really think an OS4.1 SDK should be made public, so developers can correct these type of errors.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

I am sorry, but what does the availability of an OS 4.1 SDK has to do with that?

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rogue

Is there someone working on an OS 4.x port yet ?

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@abalaban

How would Rogue know?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

What's the best or easiest way to download the source?

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Valiant

http://developer.berlios.de/svn/?group_id=8642

svn client for os4.x can be found on os4depot:

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... nt/utility/subversion.lha

clients for other platforms can be found here;

http://subversion.tigris.org/

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

Maybe he just hit the reply button and got "@Rogue" and did address the question to him by accident.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Xeron

Oops, yes Capehill is right I wasn't asking Rogue, I just did not pay attention. Of course Rogue has nothing to do with this... Unless he wants to do it in his spare time of course

@Valiant

Ok, so it seems you are interested in doing the OS 4 port aren't you ?
Subversion is definitively the best choice has you'll be able to easily track difference against the main repository, which will enable you to do a patch that the author might be able to apply to the main source tree...

Subversion (SVN in short) is really easy to use and is some sort of standard out there, you'll be able to find many tutorials on the Internet. Just a few commands will be needed by you :
"svn update" to update your current sandbox against the repository,
"svn status" to know which files you have modified
"svn diff" (with or without files) to have a diff output of your sandbox against the repository

And that's all, if you would have write access to the repository you'll be able to also use "svn commit" to upload your modifications....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ok, once it has an OS4 port, then what? Will there be anyone to develop it further? Don't forget that we have other open-source projects like AWeb and JAmiga that have been pretty stagnant for years now. It would be a shame to see the same happen to Ignition.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

Fact is that today Ignition has facility to crash under OS4, so at least doing an OS4 port might give us the opportunity to use it.
Also a stagnant working project is better than a developped non working project !!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:
I am sorry, but what does the availability of an OS 4.1 SDK has to do with that?
Just that I don't remember having had that problem when I ran it before, so I presumed the changes from OS4.0 to OS4.1 were something to do with it. rtg.library is a kickstart component, and I just surmised, rightly or wrongly, that compiling with the current SDK might fix the DSI error.
Sorry if I was mistaken.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Swoop wrote:
@Rogue

Just that I don't remember having had that problem when I ran it before, so I presumed the changes from OS4.0 to OS4.1 were something to do with it.

Either you or me should not be remembering correctly but for me ignition was a bit unstable before under OS4.0.

Quote:
rtg.library is a kickstart component, and I just surmised, rightly or wrongly, that compiling with the current SDK might fix the DSI error.
Sorry if I was mistaken.

IIRC rtg.library is *not* a kickstart component, is it ?
If you are trying to run a previously installed version of ignition, please verify if that's not a problem of rtg.library that memorized an old screenmode ID that now under your OS 4.1 install does not exists anymore and thus fails to open (with no error check in the code assuming a screenmode saved will always exists afterward).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:
It's in the kickstart drawer, it's not a .kmod file, but it's in there.

Quote:
If you are trying to run a previously installed version of ignition, please verify if that's not a problem of rtg.library that memorized an old screenmode ID that now under your OS 4.1 install does not exists anymore and thus fails to open (with no error check in the code assuming a screenmode saved will always exists afterward).
I am not being thick here but I did not really understand that, but I'll see if ignition is launched on it's own screen or not, and report back.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

abalaban wrote:
Fact is that today Ignition has facility to crash under OS4, so at least doing an OS4 port might give us the opportunity to use it.
Also a stagnant working project is better than a developped non working project !!

It worked for me until I updated to OS4.1. I had to disable the JIT in Compatibility Prefs to get it to go, but it worked fine. Now, with OS4.1 even disabling the JIT doesn't help. It is a shame, it was a good program.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Swoop wrote:
@abalaban

Quote:
It's in the kickstart drawer, it's not a .kmod file, but it's in there.

Oh, sorry, never heard about this library before, in fact I mixed with rtgmaster

Quote:

Quote:
I am not being thick here but I did not really understand that, but I'll see if ignition is launched on it's own screen or not, and report back.

What I meant was something I experienced once with a program using rtgmaster.library. This library memorized the screenmode ID in a file in the program's drawer, when I switched to update 4 (or was it final) when screenmode can be configured via monitor's tooltypes all my screenmodes IDs changed, the memorized screenmode wasn't valid anymore and the program was crashing at startup (because the programmer did assume that a memorized screenmode ID would always exist, and he did not bother to check if screen was opened).
Anyway as we are not talking about rtgmaster here, I guess there is no point in discussing this... Sorry for my mistake.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DoodooHead

That's why I said that an OS4 port would be cool. At least we would have a working spreadsheet program under OS4...

@Valiant

So did you start looking at it or not ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:
That's why I said that an OS4 port would be cool. At least we would have a working spreadsheet program under OS4...
We have Turbocalc5, which runs very well under OS4. There is even a demo version on Aminet.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top

Register To Post