Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Betatesters wanted
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

1) You got me wrong. I meant on the registration page for new users where they fill their infos (username, password, etc.). Theres on the bottom a field to enter the "displayed" security code probably for preventing automated regsitering bots.. i guess there should be a picture displayed with some characters in it, etc .. it isn't displayed here... and it isn't checked, i.e. without entering anything the registration succeeds..

2) well, i didn't thought i would mess up the systems if i'm not creating any categories... maybe i even don't want categories ... so for me it's a bug

3b) ok.. still maybe not obvious enough ;)
c) ok

4) Yes, but as far as i can tell that email is only used as Sender of the registration mail and stuff.. i would rather like to have seperate addresses for user notification and admin notification.. An RSS feed is nice, but it's not what i want to use if more than 1 admin is involved in the bounty project..

5) thx

6) PHP 5.2.3-1

BTW: You can find my testsite on http://amigabounty.stackswap.net/ if you want a testadmin account, just shout ;)

AmigaOS 4 core developer
www.os4welt.de - Die deutsche AmigaOS 4 Gemeinschaft

"In the beginning was CAOS.."
-- Andy Finkel, 1988 (ViewPort article, Oct. 1993)
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Cyborg

1. You can see what the problem is here: http://amigabounty.stackswap.net/keywordimage.php

You didn't make the key directory writable by the webserver process. As stated in Step 3 in the installation instructions. I'll add a warning for it on the todo list so that you can't activate the site before it has the correct permissions.

2. I've added a warning on the submit page in 0.12.

b. You can always add some instructions on a content page :)
c. Hmm, as many admins as you want can subscribe to the rss feed.

6. I think I've fixed that now, try the 0.12 archive.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

1) erm... i did actually... WTF.. ok, fixed now.. thx ;)

2) thx

3b) ...

3c) ? Probably 4) ;) *sigh* Ok... if you don't want to do me that favor, i'll do it myself later when needed.. :-p Mailinglists are simply better and far more efficient than RSS feeds if more than 1 people are involved.

6) thx.. will try later..

AmigaOS 4 core developer

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Cyborg

3c, Probably 4,

It's in the ToDo list, but not a priority at this point :)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

New version up. If you install it over an old installation you'll need to wipe the database. (Expert users might scan the sql scripts and update the database themselves)

0.13:

http://liquorice.orgin.se/release.tar.gz

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Anyone who has tested 0.13?

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

orgin wrote:
Anyone who has tested 0.13?

Just installed and testing .. Works fine so far..

- Could you do something about updating of the page? Right now it doesn't update after an Admin changed something on the categoreis or projects .. or if a user added a bounty it doesn't get reflected in the menu..

- I didn't find a way to generate a "sticky" bounty.. e.g. for covering the monthly costs or something .. could you add something like this? Being able to generate a bounty with monthly donation goal would come really handy for things like monthly costs or maintaining costs etc..

maybe i'll find some more things, but have to test it more first..

Thanks for your work!

EDIT:

- Would it be possible to add support for different PayPal accounts which could be assigned to the bounties? See my seconds point above, it would be handy to be able to assign a different PP account to such a monthly running costs bounty as it would ease maintaining of donations and stuff.

AmigaOS 4 core developer

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Cyborg

(updating)
That's an unfortunate consequence of the design. The code that render the menu is run before the code that updates the database. To make it update the database before rendering the whole page would take some major redesigning. It's a bit annoying but it is less inconvenient that redesigning the whole engine.

Technical stuff:
The page is build up by a set of different areas, like the top banner area, the top menu, the left menu and the main page area. These areas are rendered by different PHP scrips. All areas except the main page area are always rendered by the same php scripts, such as menu.php for the menu. The main index file execute these scripts in a specific order, the same order that they are rendered in your browser. First the banner section, then the top menu, the left menu and the main page. In the cases you mention all code that handles the database updating is executed by a script for the main page section. Meaning that it is executed after the menu is already rendered. To change this behavior is doable, but it would require that I redesign the engine to let each main page script render the whole page themselves (menu and all) after they have made the necessary database updates (or some other solution with the same end result).

(sticky bounty)
Explain a bit more in detail what you think is currently missing and needs to be added to make that possible. Making a monthly bounty is already possible in the current design, just state that it is in the project details, but there's no automation or statistics to support it.

(different paypal accounts)
Each project can use its own paypal account, or even more than one. It's all up to what you enter into the DonationHTML field.

Edited by orgin on 2008/2/6 19:14:21

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

I'm going to register.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

- updating
Well, it would be a nice-to-have, but of course if the effort would be too huge i can live with it as it is right now

- sticky bounty
Of course you can open a bounty and tell in the description that it is a monthly bounty and to all housekeeping by hand. But i meant some automation.. i.e. define a monthly donation goal. Statistics about current donations and maybe of the previous months. After a month (or better on a specified day, i.e. every 1st of a month, or every 15th,...) the bounty is "reset" and donations start again from zero. Also some kind of notification mechanism for the assignee(s) of the bounty would be nice, who could get monthly stats by mail or a notification about goal-reached or something... dunno if something like that is already built in or even feasable..

- PayPal accounts
Well.. ok... the DonationHTML is one possibility... using the database for different accounts and just selecting one from a drop down would be more convenient... but it works of course without such luxurity...

BTW: built-in IPN integration would be also very nice, but again doing it by hand also works

BTW2: Yes, i'm a lazy guy who just wants everything prepared for him

AmigaOS 4 core developer

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Cyborg

(sticky bounty)
Okey, I'll give it some though. I'll get back to you when I've figured out a good way to include it into the current design. An example would be to have monthly statistics for all projects, and let you define a monthly target for each project that is displayed on the project statistics page if the value is set. And at the same time always display the total amount and current month amount on the project page, again with the difference to the target value if set. I'd prefer not to store the target value historically though in case it is changed over time so that you could see how targets and donations have changed over time. I'd prefer to just store the target value once (changeable) and then compare it to the donations made for each time period. Changing the target value would then seemingly affect previous months.

(paypal accounts)
I could add that in a later release. That is, replace the GenerateDonationHTML flag with an account ID that just sends the ID to the generateDonationHTML() function and let it handle the different accounts. With ID=0 meaning that you have to enter the DonationHTML manually. That is, you select an account with a dropdown box from a list of id+admin definable titles.

(PDT/IPN)
It's prepared for pdt/ipn integration. Though I think I would need help to integrate it even if you don't want to do it yourself. Read the integration.txt file in the archive for more information.

(EDIT: I've updated the todo list with some of the points you have raised)

Edited by orgin on 2008/2/7 15:12:43

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

- stickies
Sounds good.

- paypal
Also sounds good. But i could also live with the current solution... at least as an interim one

- IPN
No problem.. i already integrated IPN once in an onlineshop system of one of my customers... i should be able to also integrate it in Liquorice and commit the changes back to you.. just a matter of time.

AmigaOS 4 core developer

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
0.14 released.

Added some functionality to ease paypal integration as requested by Cyborg.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

0.16 released, changes since 0.14:

- Make thread header title a link to thread
- Add ability to upload and use forum icons
- Fix missing quote color setting in release directory
- Improve isEmail() function.
- escape string on email in users_class.
- List recent forum comments on profile page
- Add delete forum
- Add move thread
- Add delete thread
- Add paging to forum thread list
- remove local $dis parameter
- remove local _insertDis function
- Add and use default message image folder
- Add and use default forum image folder
- Add getImage function for default theming
- Add and use default function link image folder
- Paint lots of forum icons