Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Proper introduction
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So i asked somebody to take over for me and finally made it home. I grew up in east Germany and had until 89 not a single computer. But after 89 my dad got me a C64 that was my entry, followed by a Amiga 500. A few years later i got my hands on a Amiga 2000 and a A1200. Shortly after i got a A4000 and another A2000 in a Tower. Continued to buy accessories like a tower for the A1200 and a zorro board with a blizzard vision and PPC accelerator. One of the A2000 (the tower version) was equipped with a Vlab Motion, so my interest was leaning towards graphic and video. In 2006 i had to make a tough decision and sold all of it for next to nothing and moved to the United States. I live here since and every now and then i looked into the emulation since i could not turn my back on Amiga at all. Emulation evolved quite a bit but it was never a full replacement in my eyes. Last month i decided to hell with it and i ordered a Amigaone X5000 but it hasn't arrived yet. I bought a Sam640ex from another member of this forum and use it right now, very fascinating machine. Before i got the Sam i bought quite a bit of software but the emulation and my patience aren't in sync so i had to have something to get by until the X5000 arrives, besides my kids like to play with me. We playing Shogo right now. Wow its amazingly fast compared to my PPC accelerator in my A1200.

List of things i bought

PPaint NG
Shogo
Freespace
Gorky 17
Sketchblock (i wanted the pro but it doesn't show in the Amistore)
Imagefx 4.5
Tower 57?
And the entire suite of Hollywood 8 with Designer and compiler and so on.
DigiBooster 2 and 3

I add what I forgot or correct what i miss spelled.

That should be some material to talk about.

If anybody knows why i cant get Sketchblock pro from the Amistore any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards and happy 4th of July to everyone in the US
And a good weekend to everybody else

Edited by devils_advisor on 2020/7/4 20:33:07
Go to top
Re: Proper introduction
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@devils_advisor

Welcome and have fun!

I sold my last classic machine (an A4000) in 2000, after ten years of intensive Amiga use (I was involved in the demoscene back then). In 2009 I decided to wet my toe in the NextGen pond and bought a Sam440ep. This was replaced by a Sam440ep-Flex and, later, by an X5000. Sadly, the demoscene is practically non-existent on the NG (plus, I now feel a bit too old to watch rotating cubes on the screen), so I turned to system programming instead. I have a lot of fun from that. I'm sure you'll love your X5000, it's a great machine. The best Amiga I've ever had by far.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@devils_advisor

Welcome!

And if you think the Sam is fast wait until you get your X5000!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you so much guys for the warm welcome, The Sam is to get by till my X5000 is shipped (was ordered on the 8th of last month). And my kids get some fun out of it too. So far everything i bought for us works perfectly.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@devils_advisor

Quote:
The Sam is to get by till my X5000 is shipped (was ordered on the 8th of last month).

Probably just a Covid-related delay but it will do no harm if you call your dealer and ask what the status of your order is.

And as khayoz says, the X5000 is a game-changer compared to the Sam. Plus, there are some nice surprises in store for X5000 users (hopefully not too far away from public release).

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Called end of last month and they said they been waiting on the CPU.
That Covid thing is getting in the way of quite a bit things in life.

I had my kids play AmigaRacer and they loved it but when i looked it up i found out its not for sale anymore. That was a bummer. My question is if anybody here who doesnt need it anymore would sell me his copy if thats allowed?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@devils_advisor

Quote:
Called end of last month and they said they been waiting on the CPU.

Who's your dealer, out of curiosity?

Quote:
I had my kids play AmigaRacer and they loved it but when i looked it up i found out its not for sale anymore. That was a bummer.

AFAIK there was a copyright problem - the author used somebody else's game engine without permission, or some such.

I wonder if your kids would love WordMeUp by Boing Attitude. It's a very fun game I love to play with my son.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Amikit UK

I give that game a try. Right now they go for anything i would say.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@devils_advisor

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

If you need some more game options, here you go:
https://www.scummvm.org/games/
You can play them with
http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... ame/adventure/scummvm.lha

Point and click adventures mostly.
The first link will give you freeware games.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@devils_advisor

A suggestion from me is Giana's Return, a remake of Great Giana Sisters. Very good game!

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... latform/gianas-return.lha

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Quote:

Plus, there are some nice surprises in store for X5000 users (hopefully not too far away from public release).

Sounds very good!
Are you allowed to say if it's OS related, 3rd party software or both?

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@khayoz

Both.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

Thank you! :)

Go to top

Register To Post