Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: TuneNet 0.92.56 released !
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

The sound quality in the new version is impressive.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy Quote:
OS4.1 Update 1 had a life span of one week here and I went backwards, gak. Why? I use SDLBasic a lot and the new display drivers in UD1 and SDLBasic are in conflict. The SDL display was so slow that it's was intolerable ; a lot of IO conflict with the mouse, so severe that I was constantly resetting the system from the tower reset! I think SDLBasic is out-of-date with OS upgrades huh?

That might have been caused by a bug in Prefs/ScreenMode, which uses the tooltype "INTERRUPTS=Yes" instead of the correct "INTERRUPT=Yes" (note the missing S). i.e. It accidentally disables video interrupts.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79 & bean
This new version seems almost identical to the old one from my perspective - which is actually good, since it means no big new bugs were introduced! Finally being able to delete items from the playlist is also good.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Glad it's working OK for most people.

Quote:
This new version seems almost identical to the old one from my perspective

Nothing really has changed interface / usage wise.

The effort has gone fixing bugs and improving the sound quality (where resampling is involved). The default plugins have been improved as well, MP3 playback has Xing / iTunes Gapless support, and the AIFF encoder now writes correct headers.

Next up is further audio improvements (I'm testing the audio compressor and filters at the moment) and more bug fixes!

Glad it's been a pretty painless upgrade for most.

@Snuffy; I haven't ruled out back porting this to OS4.0 (minus some GUI features), but my interest is really in getting this ship shape and working well. I want to release version 1.0 one day!

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean

I have only a single annoying crash, this:

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/?function=view&crashlogid=305

I can't say for sure how to reproduce it but after a looong playing, for example 3 or 4 hours it crash ...

Very annoying if you like to sleep with music in background, at the morning all system are freezed

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Bean

Actually, I still have this weird bug : when iconified for a long time playing music, i cannot deiconify TuneNet with a double click on its AppIcon.

What's more, double clicking on the AppIcon makes the whole system freeze (but the music still goes on) and a reboot is required

I've experienced this on my AmigaOne G4/1Ghz and a Sam440ep.

Now I don't iconify anymore TuneNet and get no problem at all listening streaming radios for hours.

Nonetheless, TuneNet is excellent and I could not live without it

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

I have absolutely the same problems :( The same for new version, and the same for version which shipped with os4.1u1

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Any plan to introduce karaoke support at least for tunes with song lyrics in ID TAG?
That maybe was nice :)

However I'm impressed!

GREAT WORK!

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

Quote:

The word search for radiostations like in ANR is sure needed. Its the most usable feature for me at.

Agree. Only being able to list the top-number of stations permanently hides some stations while flooding the list with a lot of Lo-Fi stations I'm not interested in is a bit annoying...

Apart from this TuneNet is a great piece of software!

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)