Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: TuneNet suggestion thread
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @ZeroG
No, a API for plugins that gets all Files opened by TN BEFORE it is examined to check if it is a musicfile.

TuneNet is not the choice player for mods. For example, whatever plugin that allows for Protractor mods is not good: it won't 'que' a list or even play a list. I have to manually select next, it won't play automatically. Is that fixable?

.it and .sm3 mods work fine.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

That is fixable.
it's up to the plugin author.
The current mod plugin is made by Olle, and it hasn't been updated since ages, I don't know where Olle is at these days. The upcoming XMP plugin might make things better though!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

amaroK is the media player that comes with KDE.
Aren't Eagleplayer replayers and DeliTracker players very similar? That still may not really help if the player sources are gone though.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

Thanks for having contacted them. Too bad there won't be any SymMOD replayer for AmigaOS 4 since EaglePlayer doesn't use AHI and doesn't work either with NallePuh

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

Amarok is (imho) _the_ music player. It has (partial list):

library manager with automatic customizable organizer

cover manager with download from amazon

contextual links to band-related info (wikipedia or lastfm online info in browser embedded into the gui)

lastfm client

lyrics download and display

tag completeion scheme (according to directory structure ot musicbrainz database)

It is KDE app as mentioned before in this thread.
I'm not a fan of kde/qt apps, but this one is just great.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:

spotUP wrote:
@Snuffy

That is fixable.
it's up to the plugin author.
The current mod plugin is made by Olle, and it hasn't been updated since ages, I don't know where Olle is at these days. The upcoming XMP plugin might make things better though!

Actually, that reminds me.

I'd like to see an option to scan all plug-ins when a file is loaded, and be given an option to choose which plug-in to use if more than one can handle the selected file.

I'd also like the plug-in list to be sortable by the user to give priority to certain plug-ins.

As Snuffy noted, some plug-ins might be bad at handling certain files but better at others.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Maybe a file decriptor system like in datatypes could be used. That way the user could have full control over what plugins are used for what formats.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@salass00

Maybe the plug-ins should register a list of supported formats with TuneNet, and return the format name when they match the file.

That way, within TuneNet you could add the format name and which plug-in you want to handle it in an extra prefs section (or within the plug-ins list).

It would rely on there being standard names for each format, but they are pretty standard anyway and a list could always be maintained on the tunenet website (probably a good idea anyway - list each format with the plug-ins that handle it in a table)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Chris

Hmm, the more I think about this the better it sounds.

AnnouncePlayer would be expanded to also return an array of formats (probably limited to 4 characters, like IFF chunk names). The TuneNet website would act as the format registrar, but most formats will be the common shortened names (S3M, XM, MP3 etc). This information could be shown in the plug-in about boxes which appear when you double-click plug-in names on the list.

TuneNet would collate this information as it loads the plug-ins, so it can reverse look-up plug-ins against a format (so XM would return TN_XM.tnplug, TN_XYZ.tnplug etc), and create a list of formats in prefs which has a cycle gadget next to each one where you can select your preferred plug-in (the default would be "first available" or perhaps "ask")

TestPlayer would be expanded so the plug-in also returns the format of the file (this has the added benefit of resolving my other request if TuneNet displays this as part of the format field in the file listview). TuneNet would then check this against the registered plug-ins list for that format, and attempt to use the user's preferred plug-in first.

If it has no joy with the new-style plug-ins it scans the old-style ones next as per usual.

Come on Bean, I've practically written it for you

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

This, indeed sounds very good!
Have you read this Bean?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I would like to have a searchfunktion like in AmiNetRadio. To specify, quality, name/text(keywords) for radiostations etc.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Kicko

but that's already possible i think... word filtering atleast.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

In tunenet you can search only for the radiostations that are scanned. Like example the default 40. and as you said word filtering.

Used ANR ? Check its search funktion. It searches shoutcast for the words you like. You choose how many channels to show, the quality to show/search for etc.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

One of the reasons I suggested a descriptor file type system is that this way TuneNet would only have to load the plugins when they are actually needed, instead of all at once on startup. This could be solved in any case f.e. by keeping the AnnouncePlayer function separate from the plugin itself and loaded by LoadSeg. Of course this would require a rewrite of TuneNet's plugin handling.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Wow, I've been away to long, all these suggestions. Come to the next Ant and we'll discuss.

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Is it possible to use another path for recording ? Tunenet is on my SYS: partition with limited space and I will record a show on a net radio which probably last for 90min...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

Missed this post, maybe next month then?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I just got a wicked idea. =)

Wouldn't it be cool with an option to precalc the songs for the more cpu intensive formats? :D

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

* Lef / Righ slider + Mono/Stereo control, useful incase you like me (spot) hate the classic Amiga stereo effect present in many mod replayers.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is there a chace of xspf playlist support?
Documentation: http://xspf.org/xspf-v1.html

Cheers,
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »