Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Playback status
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm looking a way to query info about played tune. A swift look into env:tunenet/ revealed the "playing" and "status" variables, but I need more:

album and artist metadata, total track time and elapsed playing time.

TIA,
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Re: Playback status
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

More track info like this is planned for future releases of TuneNet but the next steps are to get the skinnable interface out to you guys.

FuZion.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@FuZion

Acutally I din't make myself clear enough: I want to get the info from outside the Tunenet app, via "getenv" or (if it is planned --- AREXX port)

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

what have you got planned for tunenet?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

"External" lastfm submitter
The submit code is done, only the interfacing with the program is missing. If I won't be able to get enough data,
the solution will be to make a dummy plugin that loads the file, stores the metadata and schedules the submission and then passes on the file. Simple in theory, but still has to be done.
Using AREXX or env. vars is much easier (actually this submitter will be able to work with any mp3 player that can provide the needed data: track/album/artist/track time/elapsed time/playback status)

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

Loads of AREXX support is certainly on the cards. It's going back a while when we last actually spoke about this on account of the skin taking over the bulk of the development, but when we did we had quite a few ideas around other speaking to TuneNet through AREXX.

FuZion.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@FuZion

Then please consider the ones I mentioned. Actually part of them can still be in env:
(track name/album/artist/total time), elapsed time must be in realtime (AREXX).

TIA,
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post