Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: PPC games on OS4, please help
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@poweramiga
How? Have you copied the powerppc.library from OS4pre4 to OS4Final? What other libraries/files/steps are needed, pls?

@joerg
Thanks. I'll try it.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmiKit

yes i have powerpc.lib installed from 30/1/06 version

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:
Btw. what about Shogo? No go? Anyone?

Still planning to do a port of Shogo to AmigaOS 4.0 whenever Thomas or me get a bit of time. The problem is that it will require practically a new port, since the old one did pull all sorts of dirty tricks to get the required performance. It was very much fine-tuned for a classic Amiga with WarpOS, and therefore emulation will probably not work.

We were planning to try port back the Linux version which used SDL and was endian-aware (it worked on PowerPC linux too) as a basis. Unfortunately, it is mostly a matter of time.

Or rather, the lack thereof.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:
How? Have you copied the powerppc.library from OS4pre4 to OS4Final? What other libraries/files/steps are needed, pls?
For WarpOS software using Warp3D you additionally need Warp3DPPC.library, but no matter what others write it does not work with the OS4 final kernel, just because it may not crash immediately but trashes random memory instead doesn't mean it works ...
At least don't run any other software at the same time and do a cold reboot (<ctrl><alt><alt>) directly after using any WarpOS software with the old powerpc.library on OS4 final.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Maybe now its time for... Gorky17? :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Please a new game to play with OS4;) I have Radeon 7000, 8500LE and now 9250 "Special Edition". Have tried everything, not much games work on Final... I'd buy a native version immediately of some AlienBreed and Payback-style games as we have now GhZ;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

QuakeII reports "Error: couldn't load baseq2/pics/colormap.pcx"...
Here's the Snoopy log.

00003 : Shell Process : FAIL = FindVar("quake2",LV_ALIAS) = 0x00000000
00023 : quake2 [4] : FAIL = Open("baseq2/pak0.pak",OLD) = [0x00000000]
00153 : quake2 [4] : FAIL = IsInteractive("baseq2/pics/colormap.pcx")

What does the Env-arc variable pointing to?
It sounds lost...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

this does not stop QuakeII from running ? I was also getting this in earlier days when AW.net had a Q2 server but the game was still running.

It just informs you this file is missing (maybe you could rename another pcx file with that same name and see if it gets cured ?)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Lio
this does not stop QuakeII from running ?

You need to tie the system to Q2, at least I thought? The installer creates an
file folder: Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/Quake2/InstallationPath
My InstallationPath points to DH1:Quake2.I know this link works because Q2 will
read the Commodity "Exchange", if it's active. It cost a 'life' to learn that fact.
:)

00023 : quake2 [4] : FAIL = Open("baseq2/pak0.pak",OLD) = [0x00000000]
00055 : quake2 [4] : FAIL = IsInteractive("baseq2/default.cfg")

Don't these functions need the full path to 'baseq2'?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PR1

Er... you know, games don't exactly grow on trees...

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

@Rogue

... if you have the Right Tree....

he,he

R-TEAM

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
UPDATE:

Heretic II: still crashes on OS4pre4 even with native ixemul installed. It displays yellow recoverable alert at the end of installation when the registration window is about to open.

Shogo: still no go. Freezes as soon as the launcher is displayed. Joerg, can you list your working tooltypes or send me the .info file please?

Wipeout2097: works great in OS4pre4. Thanks!

Quake2: works. I copied the pak files directly instead of unpacking them with UnArc.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@SZAMAN

Quote:
Maybe now its time for... Gorky17? :)

I agree. You should tell some lazy developer to get up off his fat behind and finish it. Hang on a minute...

Cheers,
Rich

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@evilrich

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmiKit

IIRC, Q2 used 'Hunpack' - Hyperion Unpack.
I have to check it later?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
BUMP

Quake2 and Wipeout2097 work.

Heretic II: still crashes on OS4pre4 even with native ixemul installed. It displays yellow recoverable alert at the end of installation when the registration window is about to open. I have Radeon 7000. Please help.

Shogo: still no go. Freezes as soon as the launcher is displayed. I experimented with the CDDA tooltypes, I also tried to disable them completely but with no succes Joerg, can you list your working tooltypes or send me the .info file please?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

I know that all you developpers are working hard on amiga os 4.0 and there are also other problems around ( legal issues ), but i think ( IMHO ) that you should consider of re-porting all your games for the amiga os 4.0 ( like quake 2 and freespace )..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Yes, let me share my disappointment when I run A1 for the first time. What I always wanted to see and play were the great PPC games I read about in various Amiga magazines before but at that times my 040/AGA was simply not enough, you know.

Now, while waiting for my A1, I bought many original games and it was the first thing I wanted to try on the new computer. But I have to say I did not expect SUCH A PAIN!!!

At the beginning, it was fun - I saw my first GrimReaper ever. "OK, nice", I told to myself. But as the time went by there were more and more GrimReapers and other problems. 3 days passed and I was not able to install a single game! What a mess? "I cannot play Amiga games, my favorite Amiga programs freeze and GrimReaper has became my best friend. What is this machine for??? Is it the real Amiga? ", I kept asking myself.

The only game that installed flawlessly was the Simon the Sorcerer I & II and big thanks to amigakit.com for such an easy installer. But that was all. No more games. For example, there is an original PC version of Quake2 included in the package and I installed it on my PC in a few moments! But the Amiga version took me several days to run successfully. Needless to say there are still some games left that I have not managed to install at all (see my previous post).

Well, no offense anyone. These are just my first thoughts about A1/OS4. Something has to be done in this area. Games are the important part of every computer platform, aren't they? I cannot imagine a total newbie to Amiga world solving all these hassles like me! He/she would quit/sell the Amiga after first 10 GrimReapers, I believe. Some kind of guide or support website would be great, especially for Hyperion games, so the new users (ACube/OS4 or whatever) won't get disappointed with their new computer and OS.

EDIT: typos

Edited by AmiKit on 2007/7/20 1:53:50
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:

Heretic II: still crashes on OS4pre4 even with native ixemul installed. It displays yellow recoverable alert at the end of installation when the registration window is about to open.

I did have problems whit this one, did not manage to unpack every thing, so copy files from the Heretic II demo found on Aminet, that solved my problem.

(update 3)
The game started but all walls where transparent

(Update 4)
Walls where not transparent but, level 2 was unplayable become fog whit MiniGL, played that level whit software rendering.

(Final)
Does not work whit update final.

Any success whit the current update?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmiKit

Quote:

Shogo: still no go. Freezes as soon as the launcher is displayed. Joerg, can you list your working tooltypes or send me the .info file please?

Demo started on AmigaOS4 update 4, but graphics was horrible, don?t remember if came whit some GRIM?S.

You should any way use more stack on all games and program when on AmigaOS4.

If you get grim messages remember that a program or game doing some thing bad, the only way get game or program working is to ignore the problem then always reboot afterwards, also make shore the installer does not over write your libs:, make backup before installing games or copy back the AmigaOS4 PowerPC versions of the libs afterwards.

AmigaOS4 does not have custom chips for Audio or GFX, so always try disabling sound or switch to AHI settings, try to use Picasso screen mode, that does not help, the game or program need to be fixed, way to many games and programs on the classic contains un-detestable bugs.

AmigaOS4 tries to be an enchantment of AmigaOS3.x and there is not always 100% compatible, you should there for install E-UAE for classic games.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/5/16 19:44:36
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »