Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Battle for Wesnoth - SAM460 - Speed
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi there,

Used to play Battle for Wesnoth on the SAM440EP a long time ago and I remember the game to be smooth and playable.

Installed it on the SAM460 and it is a bit slow and sluggish. Have RadeonHD-drivers installed and a RadeonHD 6450 graphics card, so thought it would run pretty well.

Anyone has any ideas on what is causing the slow-down (you click on something in the menu and it takes a while to respond, lag)? Don't think it was like this on the 440EP.

Have tried running it in fullscreen and window.

Thanks in advance for input. :)

Btw.. Tower 57 runs great! :) Would have thought this game was more demanding that Battle for Wesnoth.

Go to top
Re: Battle for Wesnoth - SAM460 - Speed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BobSacamano

Is this with Andrea Palmate's newer port? If so, you could try one of the older versions from os4depot.

Newer versions of Battle for Wesnoth have much more graphical effects and animations so they are more CPU intensive.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

I used the one available for download at OS4Depot. I will see if I can get hold of an older version somewhere to test.

Have downloaded the port of Andrea Palmate now, but it did not work at first attempt. Will try a few more times to see if I can get it running.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BobSacamano
I remember when I played this game with my Sam440ep, the problem with the speed is with big scenarios, you can try to deactivate things like sounds, background music, even animations, and void to play the big scenarios like the orcs history, the son the black eye.
You don't worry for the version is the only port that we have for AmigaOS4 and runs fine, other thing to gain speed is deactivate the option to compress the saved games.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Templario

Hi and thanks for the suggestions. :) Will give this a try!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Templario

Thanks for the help. Disabled a few of the options and the game runs faster now. :) Strange that the menus are slow, but the gameplay itself is faster.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BobSacamano
Currently I play the last version if this game under Windows with a gaming Notebook and sometimes I have deactivated the animations on big scenarios because the game runs very slow, the scenarios very slow in the Amiga version is the Son of Black Eye the history with the orcos, there is a scenario the more big in that version with orcos priest that you will play very very slow.
Other good thing of not compresas the save games is that can trick the game, money the more easy ir editing your heroes.
Also I forgot, the update campaings doesn't work with old version, you can't download them and neither run if you download from Windows and copy them handle because the campaings are created to use the last game engine.

Go to top

Register To Post