Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 5 »
What Games Could We Expect On X1000?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
A1-X1000 seems to be an amazing flexible and powerful Amiga system with modern PPC-technology. Things like
PCI-e, fast DDR2 memory system, the XMOS Xena
co-processor and many other amazing features...

This leaves the question about what advanced games
we could expect to see on AmigaOne X1000..

It probably won't be before the X1000 is running an
AmigaOS 4.2 with some Java-support, some SMP-support,
new graphic subsystem (hopefully OpenGL MESA) and other important improvements, that we might see more
advanced games targeted at the higher-end hardwares
of X1000...

Could we be able so see port of games like these?:

*Soldier Of Fortune
*Wolfenstein 3D - Return To Castle
*Jedi Outcast

Such games?

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Re: What Games Could We Expect On X1000?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helgis

We can expect absolutly the same games, which we can expect for example on a1 or on peg2, but, FPS will be better. Like on my peg2 /1 ghz, DNT port give me 4 fps, so, on x1000, it will be maybe 15-30fps. At moment x1000 will give us only speedup boost (and maybe latter, when SMP support will be done, then, it will be give us twice speedup booost).

So answer on your question: the same games, but they will works faster (+, these unreleased games, which was not released because of too slow framerate).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes. And maybe on the new X1000, gnash will work at ok speed.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Helgis

at the moment we do not have a good graphic system, Picasso is old and not able to use "simple" graphic board like the radeon m9 that i remind you has a 128bit GPU (so it could be very fast). For that reason our 2d/3d driver are scandalous..

We, in italy, did a lot of benchmark and the situation is really really scandalous..

At least, morph os has a good 2d/3d driver with a simil graphic system (cybergraphix)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I think you are right, at least as a start. Guess such more advanced games will have to come later...

Gnash as well, too, even that it's not a game.

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

True, that's why a new graphic subsystem was mentioned, hopefully for AmigaOS 4.2..

- Helgis
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Helgis

i really hope so my friend... i hope.. we need it, not only for games but also for play movies dvd and all other things..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
About game performance....

Already SAM440ep could deliver xbox1 kind of games, if we just had the SW.

IMHO, if SAM had r700 series Radeon, the game performance improvement might be similar than in this video where there is laptop GPU changed to desktop GPU via PCMCIA-to-PCIe x1 interface:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE5NmURV5P8&feature=related

But x1000 will have also
- 4...10x more CPU power than SAM
- ~10x more memory bandwidth
- Superb fast interface to the GPU

If we only had OpenGL and and ....

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

The best thing we can do for the moment, is to have the fingers crossed, but hopefully...

@All

It wouldn't surprise me if the OpenGL Mesa (the latest one) would be the new graphic subsystem. When googling about AmigaOS 4.1, it's mentioned that Hyperion want
to overcome documentated limitations in AmigaOS,
as well as the 3D capabilities. Yes, such things need
a lot of work, but after Hyperion got the rights for everything related to AmigaOS, Boing Ball and
AmigaOne, AmigaOS-development has been
speeded up, it seems...

It's possible that development of new softwares and games will likely be sponsored, too?

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@KimmoK

SAM460ex might likely be using an ATI Radeon r700 HD GPU on PCI-e card, just like X1000 will do, but the PCI-e
slots on X1000 are a lot faster than the spesification mentioned for SAM460ex. What is important is that you get the possibility to use PCI-e...

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

Agree. That was the mistake Commodore did. They market the Amiga as a game system, while Amiga proved to be so much more than that. Marketing the X1000 as an advanced multimedia/business machine and for creativity, would give a great sale boost...

Streaming are one of many advanced features we can expect to see done to great advance in X1000.

So not only games should be focused, of course..

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helgis

The problem is that OpenGL is not subsystem like p96. OpenGL it some kind of "hi-level layer", which allow to you code apps with easy opengl functions, which in end, anyway translate it to something low-level (like in our current implementation, it's warp3d). Also warp3d itself (imho) use P96 subsytem.

So, all in all, it possible to make only one "gfx subsystem", which can be called like OpenGL, but inside, anyway, must be drivers, and some low-level stuff.

As i know, implemenetation of new OpenGL on aos4, will be Mesa (opensource opengl layer) + Galium (open source low-level hardware driver layer). Just like it done right now in AROS. Will be beetween Mesa and Galium something like Warp3D ? Imho all that functionality will be just putted to the code which will translate opengl calls to gallium drivers (that will already give speed boost).

And as i understand, "new subsystem" mean improved P96 (to make old APIs works, and bring new ones, faster and modern). But i can be wrong here, and time will tell.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

OpenGL is big, yeah, but still the graphic subsystem has to be different. What exactly Hyperion have in mind, is an interesting question...

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
"The amiga is great for retro gaming so maybe an updated retro game would be a good choice. Personally i'd like a film-tie in game, something like robocop 3 with different levels or even an updated version of 'The killing Cloud' (no tie-in with current events intended!) or even a 3d shooter like 'Virus' from the Archimedes and Amiga vesion." (amiga.org user)

Sorry if any of you considers this spamming, but I thought this is a worthwile idea. Some new kind of interactive games would be a great thing. What comes to my mind is a more realistic thing though - conversions of interactive movie titles, such as Phantsmagoria, 11th Hour, Harvester, Darkseed for a start. And later further developing alternative gaming in many directions.

Dusty A500
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SIID

There is already many ports/conversions. For examle ScummVM give you to run: 7guest, FullThortle, Sam&max, etc. FPSE give you to run: Cyberia, Tekken3, ResidentEvil, Command&Conquer, MortalKombat, etc. NeoGeo emulator give you to run: metallslugs, etc. And so on, what mean: that we have already many of all that old games. + many native ports of different opensource games.

Right now i have 3 ports of modern and big games (and not only i), but they can't be released, because they slow like hell because of not so good realisation of OpenGL on aos4, and because of Radeon9250 are slow for modern amigans, and because of 1ghz of cpu maximum.

With the new x1000, if warp3d drivers (or even new realisation of opengl) will be done for normal and good gfx card, then, will be possible to have modern and good/big games.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

"i have 3 ports of modern and big games (and not only i),"

8-O

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@KimmoK

Excellent! I would like to see an update of BlobWars,
and the sequel "BlobWars: Blob And Conquer" ported
to X1000, if possible..

- Helgis
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Helgis

This is the fantasy field now this question because with the current Sams although the more fast runs 700-667Mhz and what games there are? only the games that make the people single and good games but without the graphcis and engines as the comercial games for PC or consoles, and we think that this is the we will have, games from Amiga fans that porting singles games from Linux or PC but games with single engines, and without much work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Templario

True, well the first things to upgrade is the OS itself, the actual 3D-GFX capabilities are quite poor, then we can speak about (big) games ...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Somehow related.

Another nice 3D car game engine:
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/ite ... lator-updated-983206.html

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 5 »