Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
242 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 241

Rob, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: BOH
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@saimo

Linux demo runs beautifully under openSuse 11.1.

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@yoodoo2

Quote:
Linux demo runs beautifully under openSuse 11.1.

Thanks a lot for trying & reporting
It seems you all are not that far from getting update4

BTW: as regards update4 and the issues discussed in the previous posts: I have just added "the video modes suggestions", which should help people to choose "correct" full screen modes. In practice, the resolutions that have a 1:1 pixel aspect* are marked with a star and an "ideal resolution" entry has been added. You can try this already by downloading any demo but MacOS' (which is going to be updated later).
*SDL doesn't allow to ask the system which is the monitor native resolution, so everything is guessed from the highest resolution returned by the system (this might not work with CRT monitors or on systems that offer resolutions higher than the monitor's) .

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@saimo

Could you possibly, in BOH's menu, add Return (Enter) as another key that makes a selection, just like Space does currently? It seems to me quite logical, and I often find myself pressing Enter automatically instead of Space.

Thanks,
Trixie

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
Could you possibly, in BOH's menu, add Return (Enter) as another key that makes a selection, just like Space does currently? It seems to me quite logical, and I often find myself pressing Enter automatically instead of Space.

The menu does not use own/fixed keys/buttons, but uses the same controls of the actual game. The "choose" keys are those used for shooting and activating sidestepping - i.e. [x] and [SPACE]. If you don't use the sidestepping activation key (because you use the direct sidestepping keys or don't use sidestepping at all), you could assign [ENTER] to it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@saimo

I see.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to inform those who might be interested that the developer's manual to create missions, themes and translations for BOH has been finished. As usual, it can be downloaded from the DOWNLOADS page of the website.

Have fun!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

I just ordered my copy ! Look forward to playing it on my new Sam flex system running OS4.1

thanks for making a new game for Amiga OS Simone !

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Quote:
I just ordered my copy ! Look forward to playing it on my new Sam flex system running OS4.1

Thank you so much!
Your order has been processed a few minutes ago, so check your mailbox.
I wish you'll enjoy BOH at least as much as the guy who wrote the latest review does!

Quote:
thanks for making a new game for Amiga OS Simone !

My pleasure

@all

Seizing the chance to self-leak this bit of information: I'm working at another update and at another theme...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Simone I have a MAJOR complaint about BOH !..........................basically it's too damn addictive ) I've been playing it now for a week on my Sam flex@800 and it just flies in full screen (1024x768)....got that tune in my head steady!
I'm gonna be the big 'four o' this Feb and I feel like back when I was 15 running home to play Ultima IV ...THANK YOU

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

You do know how to make a programmer happy
Thanks a lot!

BTW: 1024x768 is not an optimal resolution, as it requires zooming, which may cause the game to run less smoothly. Please refer to page 9 of the digital user's manual to learn how to set up the video mode correctly.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

oops my bad I'm ruuning it at 800x600 smoothly & very fast

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Quote:
oops my bad I'm ruuning it at 800x600 smoothly & very fast

Still, that's not optimal.
BOH's resolution is 320x240. To cover as much as possible of an 800x600 screen, 2x zooming is required - and still part of the screen remains black, as the used area is only 640x480. Since zooming comes at a cost, that's not a big deal.

Luckily, since you're playing on AmigaOS, you have the possibility of running BOH at 1x and, at the same time, get the graphics to cover the whole screen. As said, the detailed explanations are on page 9 of the manual, but here I'll give you specific indications for your case.

Both the modes you mentioned (1024x768 and 800x600) are 4:3, which makes me think you have a 4:3 monitor. BOH's ratio happens to be 4:3 as well, and that makes things very easy: all you have to do is adding a 320x240x32 tooltype to your monitor icon, check via the ScreenMode preferences that such mode does work and then select the mode in BOH's preferences. Should the mode not be supported by the system, then you can try with:
* 400x300x32: this would allow you to play at 1x, although there would be unused areas identical in physical size to those caused by the 800x600 mode;
* 640x480x32: this would require 2x zooming again, but at least there wouldn't be unused areas.

I hope this helps.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

ahh thanks for the explanation..i'll give it a try

btw, my manuals page 9 has the 'how to play' section....I better get the digital updated version from your homepage

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Quote:
ahh thanks for the explanation..i'll give it a try

You're welcome

Quote:
btw, my manuals page 9 has the 'how to play' section....I better get the digital updated version from your homepage

Ah, yes: the page that explains how to set up the video mode properly has been introduced only recently.

BTW: if you installed all the updates or installed the game from the ISO image, you already have an updated version of the manual PDF.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@saimo

At last I've got some extra cash and have ordered BOH. Still I have to wait for the funds to be transfered to my paypal account.

I've been playing it with wine in Debian and I like it very much. Keep the good work and hope to see more releases from you.

Regards

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@emeck

Quote:
At last I've got some extra cash and have ordered BOH. Still I have to wait for the funds to be transfered to my paypal account.

Ah, yes, your order is the one I've processed terribly late () because I was presenting BOH at the VIDEO GAMES HISTORY 2K9, a show that was held on the last weekend in Monza, a city very far away from here...

Quote:
I've been playing it with wine in Debian and I like it very much.

This is the kind of words that makes me happy the most

Quote:
Keep the good work and hope to see more releases from you.

update6 will be out soon and will include the AROS version
For the current feature list, please have a look here.
As for other projects, I have plenty of ideas, but I can't tell whether I'll ever be able to work on them.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@saimo

Quote:
Ah, yes, your order is the one I've processed terribly late () because I was presenting BOH at the VIDEO GAMES HISTORY 2K9, a show that was held on the last weekend in Monza, a city very far away from here...

No problem, I was expecting a reply by today maybe, not sunday :) How was the presentation at the show? Hope you got more people interested.

Just for curiosity, from which of the OSes BOH was released has come the most interest until now? Is there a great difference in tastes of users of those OSes? I don't mean just in sales but also in comments and expectations.

Quote:
This is the kind of words that makes me happy the most

It is good to see developers that care that much for their products and users.

Quote:
update6 will be out soon and will include the AROS version
For the current feature list, please have a look here.
As for other projects, I have plenty of ideas, but I can't tell whether I'll ever be able to work on them.

That's great. Good luck with those other projects.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@emeck

Quote:
No problem, I was expecting a reply by today maybe, not sunday :)

Well, I usually answer as soon as I can, also on sundays: I don't like to keep customers waiting

Quote:
How was the presentation at the show? Hope you got more people interested.

Yes, I got more people involved and sold a few copies (and since the show was organized by collectors, practically everybody asked for an autograph). A very good show (some pictures are starting to circulate and soon videos will be out - but they will be entirely in Italian).
Thanks for asking

Quote:
Just for curiosity, from which of the OSes BOH was released has come the most interest until now? Is there a great difference in tastes of users of those OSes? I don't mean just in sales but also in comments and expectations.

Since I don't ask about the platform, I don't have precise figures. However, it can be safely said that the order is Windows > AmigaOS > MacOS > Linux (but keep also in mind that the MacOS and Linux versions came later).
Comments are the same regardless of the platform.

Quote:
That's great. Good luck with those other projects.

Thank you

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

emeck wrote:
@saimo

be prepared to be addicted..awesome game

Quote:

I've been playing it with wine in Debian and I like it very much. Keep the good work and hope to see more releases from you.

I'd be happy with endless missions for BOH

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Quote:
I'd be happy with endless missions for BOH

And I'd be even happier... if those missions were made by others! As long as I'm the only one to produce missions, i'm the only person on Earth who just can't enjoy the game, because I already know where to go and what to do!
Anyway, a brand new mission is going to be included in update6

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »