Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

ferrels, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 5 »
BOH
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

as promised, I uploaded a new video showing a real-world session of BOH gaming: the direct link is http://www.bohthegame.com/data/game_session.wmv (the file size is about 129 MB).

Moreover, I added 4 new screenshots to the SCREENSHOTS page of the website.

(I'm posting this here as well because it could go unnoticed now that the news item is buried and its thread seemigly dead - I hope nobody minds.)

saimo

Edited by saimo on 2009/4/9 17:40:29
Edited by saimo on 2009/4/17 11:37:49
Edited by saimo on 2009/4/29 11:42:43
Edited by saimo on 2009/5/7 10:59:55
Edited by saimo on 2009/5/7 20:44:11
Edited by saimo on 2009/5/10 18:08:43
Edited by saimo on 2009/5/20 10:45:32
Edited by saimo on 2009/5/27 17:07:48
Edited by saimo on 2009/6/5 11:43:09
Edited by saimo on 2009/6/12 11:05:45
Edited by saimo on 2009/6/18 13:09:47
Go to top
Re: BOH - new video available
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@saimo

Thanks for the video, is much better and it is cool to see amiga os in a video-game video

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:
Thanks for the video, is much better

You're welcome!

Quote:
and it is cool to see amiga os in a video-game video

That is no coincidence

saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi again,

for those who can't bother or have problems downloading the videos, I have added a VIDEOS page to the website where videos can be seen in streaming.

saimo

Go to top
Re: BOH - updates
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

I'd like to inform you that I have added a FAQ page to BOH's website where I collected all the questions, observations and answers scattered in the various threads here and elsewhere. The page turned out to contain plenty of interesting information about the present and also the future.
Thanks to all those who contributed!

saimo

Go to top
Re: BOH
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everybody,

I would just like to ask whether anybody outside of Italy has received his copy of BOH (I am wondering because I can track the shipping only until the package leaves Italy - after that, you should be able to track it by passing the tracking number I gave you to your local postal service).

Thanks.
saimo

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I would REALLY like to see a Demo, i'm not convinced by the vids yet .... wouldn't it be possible to just remove all levels (data) except one ?

Or is it really that much work to do .... ????

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fred

Quote:

Fred wrote:
I would REALLY like to see a Demo, i'm not convinced by the vids yet .... wouldn't it be possible to just remove all levels (data) except one ?

Or is it really that much work to do .... ????

The problem is exactly the opposite: it is purposefully trivial to add/remove missions. For an in-depth explanation, please refer to question #18 in the FAQ page of the website.
Maybe you could also find useful the first impressions/reviews by users - the first packages are being delivered these days, so I guess we will have to wait a bit.

saimo

Edited by saimo on 2009/4/18 15:53:46
Edited by saimo on 2009/4/18 15:59:28
Edited by saimo on 2009/4/18 16:12:11
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

I have added a players' comments page to the website: I would gladly include more, so do not hesitate to express your opinion!

- And do not forget that I am waiting for feedback to improve the update even further

saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all,

I just wanted to point you to this nice review motorollin has written on Amiga.org... happy reading!

saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi again,

yersteday I improved the update by adding a button that allows the map to be zoomed/unzoomed on the fly; now, since the button is reconfigurable, I need a true-to-the-original translation to German, French and Spanish of this simple string: "map zoom" (the context is "left (key), fire (key), map zoom (key), etc."). Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks in advance!

saimo

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@saimo

In french, you can translate by "zoom sur la carte".

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Murakami

I replied saimo on AW.net but I suggested him "carte agrandie" if this is an on/off switch else I proposed "zoomer la carte". I don't own the game so can't say for sure, maybe "taille de la carte" might be better if in fact what it does is enlarging the map zone on the game screen, on the other hand if what it does is in fact really zooming the map without changing the size reserved for it on the screen then "zoom de la carte" might be even better.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Saimo

As it seems to be an on/off switch, it's not easy to find a translation that works for both actions: zoom and unzoom.
I would use something like "Map display", which would be in french "Affichage de la carte".

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@murakami & abalaban

My bad, I was in a hurry, so I did not explain what I'm after properly - sorry.

That string appears in the joypad configuration page, where the program asks for buttons and then waits for the user to select the button to assign to any given function. F.ex.
1. "turn left:" appears;
2. the player chooses the button;
3. the program prints the button associated to "turn left";
4. "fire:" appears;
5. the player chooses the button;
6. the program prints the button associated to "fire";
7. "map zoom:" appears...

The key acts as a toggle that switches the map zoom on the fly between 1x and 2x.

saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Elwood

Quote:

Elwood wrote:
@Saimo

As it seems to be an on/off switch, it's not easy to find a translation that works for both actions: zoom and unzoom.

You are right, but I preferred to keep things simple - so, I chose "map zoom" to mean "button that toggles the zoom level of the map".

saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BOH owners who happen to have also a MacOS X machine

The MacOS X port was completed a couple of days ago, now it is time to test the installer: can anyone please help? Please contact me by email at postmaster(at)bohthegame(dot)com.

Thanks in advance.
saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@saimo

Email sent.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Saimo
can i ask about coding stuff which you use when you work on game? I mean its sdl ? (becouse of it its pretty fast ported to macos?). If no, which libs you use ? (for gfx, for music). Becouse for me it looks pretty hard to write AOS game (ahi, minigl, etc) and just in few days made it work on macos.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Saimo
can i ask about coding stuff which you use when you work on game?

Yes, sure

Quote:
I mean its sdl ?

Yes. More precisely: SDL + SDL_mixer (as dutifully stated in the ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS page of the user's manual, which you can download from the DOWNLOADS page of the website).
The rest is custom code written in 100% C with portability in mind.

saimo

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 5 »