Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

X5000 boot ISO CD won't boot anymore
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Steps taken:
Power down after inserting boot CD
Power up
Hit "m" key when "laser" shoots in boot image
Choose Boot options
Choose boot from optical
Nothing happens

Following kas1e's thread, I tried UltraISO on the windows 10 machine and burned another boot CD. Results are same as above. Besides, the boot CD had to work at some point, or I wouldn't have a running X5000.

I'd like to do the new update 2, but if I can't start from CD, I'm afraid to try it, since it's recommended that we start with a clean install.

Any ideas why I can't boot from the ISO CD? HD is set to bootable, with boot priority at 0. If I just boot normally from the HD, I can insert the boot CD, and sometimes it shows up the three icons on the screen, ???forgot name?, Extra's installer. and Amiga file systems. Sometimes nothing shows after insertion.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Re: X5000 boot ISO CD won't boot anymore SOLVED
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Paul

I found out accidently that if I choose Boot from Mass storage, it will boot from the CD.

I also found from reading old posts that I need to type "boota" at the X5000 prompt if I choose boot from optical.

So now all I need to do is switch back to the old graphics card and have at it (update 2).

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Re: X5000 boot ISO CD won't boot anymore SOLVED
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Paul

You could just (if you have some unused space on you hard drive, of course) create a new bootable partition (using Media Toolbox) and copy all contents of your existing boot volume to it. It should show up in your AmigaBoot menu as an extra choice to boot from when you do a full reboot.

Test that you can select it and boot from it, and then boot from your original volume and apply Update 2 to that.

That way you have a fallback if something happens, without having to resort to the CD.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post