Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
263 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 263

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: LiteXL v2.1.0 is released
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@root

I guess you need to be careful with what text editors you use to edit text files, if you use ASCII editors, it can easily break the UTF8 encoding.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@LiveForIt
yeah, the UTF8 support in OS4 is not where it is with other systems. Some kind of character seems to break it.

@root
If you can send me that file, I will have a look and maybe come up with a fix

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I think the problem is the German umlauts (Ä Ö Ü).
The same error occurs with the plugin language_hws.lua.

I have tested an old version 2.0.3r3 and it is no problem to load files with umlauts.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I will have a look at what I changed there and try to reproduce it. Thank you for your comment.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi!
I would like to give some feedback on the new version 2.1.3r1.

I think now it works with german umlauts like ÄÖÜ tec.. THX!

In the plugin "language_hws.lua" i missed the a keyword for "ElseIf"
This line fix it " { pattern = "ElseIf[ \t\n]", type = "keyword"}, ".

I try to make the handling in LiteXl more amigalike, so i added two bindings in "init.lua"
["shift+left"] = "doc:move-to-start-of-line",
["shift+right"] = "doc:move-to-end-of-line",

this works fine..
Now i want to hande "shift+del" to delte all rightmost charakters from the courser position and "shift+backspace" del all leftmost charakters from the courser position.
Any idea?

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@root
Quote:
I think now it works with german umlauts like ÄÖÜ tec.. THX!

A lot of work done from my side to have that working, but it wouldn't be possible without Capehill's exceptional work on the SDL2.

Thank you for using LiteXL. I will try to include you changes in a future release.

Quote:
Now i want to hande "shift+del" to delte all rightmost charakters from the courser position and "shift+backspace" del all leftmost charakters from the courser position.
Any idea?

If there is no ready made method to do it, I guess it needs to be written and be used by a menu item and key shortcut. I haven't looked into that so far.

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Sorry I didn't write to you directly, I was a bit confused who exactly provides LiteXL for AmigaOs4.1. I know better now

As you wrote they are working again on LiteXL with AmiDock support It is not necessary to drag whole folders into the dock for LiteXL to open them. But it would be really cool if I could drag a txt or config file into AmiDock/LiteXL icon and LiteXL would show this file for editing.

And yes in the window drag&drop works very well, I have already tested there. If there is something to test, please let me know. Otherwise I thank you for the further development of LiteXL.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

Just grabbed the latest version and it works great on the A1222 and X5000. I do have two questions -- apologies if these have been answered elsewhere:

1. How can I set a different directory for the left-pane instead of PROGDIR?
2. How can I disable the 'animation' or smooth-scrolling behavior when scrolling through a file?

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eliyahu
1 - You can place a folder on the left panel and it will be opened at every start.
2 - Try to set in "LiteXL2/data/core/config.lua" config.transitions = true -> config.transitions = false

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@root

Thank you -- both of those suggestions worked!

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thank you root for helping here.
I would like to propose a different approach though

1. To change the path or folder you can use CTRL+SHIFT+C, or select from the menu that opens with CTRL+SHIFT+P the "Change Project Folder" and then type the path you want to open. Another way is to drag a drop a folder inside the LiteXL window.

2. I hoped that you Eliyahu would read the manuals. :(

Quote:
Try to set in "LiteXL2/data/core/config.lua" config.transitions = true -> config.transitions = false

I wouldn't do that, because on every update you will need to redo those changes as these files are overwritten. From the documentation:

Quote:

## Tips and tricks
### Transitions

If you want to disable the transitions and make the editor faster,
open your configuration file by clicking at the cog icon at the toolbar
(bottom left, 6th icon) and add the following line at the end of the file, and then save it. You might need to restart your editor.

config.transitions = false

Edited by walkero on 2024/3/20 17:28:53
Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
But it would be really cool if I could drag a txt or config file into AmiDock/LiteXL icon and LiteXL would show this file for editing.

Yesterday I took some time to implement it and it is working quite well. It is possible to drag 'n drop a file or a folder on the LiteXL icon on AmiDock and have that open in a new window. I have that working on AmigaOS 4 and I need to first make it available for MorphOS as well before a new release happens.

I plan to give a beta version to my monthly supporters on https://ko-fi/walkero in the following days, since such things are included in the perks they get from me.

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Quote:

I plan to give a beta version to my monthly supporters on https://ko-fi/walkero in the following days, since such things are included in the perks they get from me.

At the moment the link does not lead anywhere. But this is really great news, I hope we can use it soon.

Thanks for your support

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro

I think walkero accidentally left out a ".com" in the link:

https://ko-fi.com/walkero

Alas, it still doesn't do anything but give a blank page in Odyssey. But it will probably do something relevant on some Windows or Linux browser ...

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thanks Niels. Yeah, I have unfortunately miswritten the URL. Thank you so much for providing the right one.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Three weeks passed since I did a new release for the Lite XL editor, and now I managed to find some time to write about it. Please have a look at https://ko-fi.com/post/Lite-XL-v2-1-3r ... d-some-time-ago-W7W0W6E3M and find out all the new features and bug fixes that are included.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice video!

Again i have a special question.
It is possible to bind a key with "Open in System"?
I try it like this...

keymap.add { ["f4"] = "treeview:open-in-system"}

but that will not work correctly, only when treeview is activ.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@root
Thank you for your kind words.
That is part of the treeview module, that why it requires it to be active. If I wanted to do something like that I would create my own plugin and create there a new menu item, that would do exactly that and have the same functionality. That means that you might need to copy code from the treeview module.

The reason I am saying that I would make this implementation in a new plugin is that this way every new Lite XL release will not replace those changes, and they will keep working as long as this plugin is installed. Writing a plugin is not that difficult because it uses Lua and there is no need to compile the editor. You can get examples from the rest of the plugins.

Try whatever customisation you want to do, to make them in a way that it doesn't change the release code. This way you will not need to make those changes after every release, and they could be shareable with others.

If you need more info on that, I would be more than glad to help as much as I can.

Follow me on
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)