Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 91

smf, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: LiteXL v2.1.0 is released
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
Thank you for testing it. Did you create a new installation? Did you use the old .config/litexl folder? If yes, please try to remove it and try again. This should be either under the LiteXL folder or under the HOME folder, if you have that environment variable set.

I tested it fresh. I didn't use an old config. What I did was fairly simple and this may give a clue. I do it with all new and updated software I test. I simply extract the archive to my RAM disk. And run it from there!

I checked and I don't have a HOME folder variable set.

Quote:
Also, please let me know the full path you run LiteXL from.

That would be "RAM Disk:LiteXL2".

I'll submit a report on git. I also found in the OS4Depot crash reports that TearsOfMe also has a crash on his X1000. But the crash is different.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

You have a long memory. I thought about this last week, yesterday and now today! What you are likely referring to could be something from ten years ago on my XE. In simple terms it would be obsolete. I recall something from a July 2007 update and being unable to fully use that or some other update, as it broke some 68K software. So had to leave an older OS install to use that particular software. This was not unusual in the early days.

However, since then, I moved over to the X1000. And set up my volumes again in the process. As you would be aware I'm also a beta tester so do have a few volumes with different OS4 versions. I have test volumes I keep clean though tend to only test system software on them. I do find it would help if developers tested software on a base system as I find some software can easily break on a base install and can tell if it was only tested on the developers full system.

My personal Workbench would not be fully up to date. Because I still need to run the Update 2 Quckfix as I call it, with an Update 1 kernel and Update 2 components. This is not by choice, but simply because Update 2 is incompatible with my Sapphire R7 250, and compositing freezes my system. Until the conflict is found there is not much else I can do about this on top of the months I've been investigating it. My other options are going back to a HD5450 with no 3d support or disabling compositing. I don't like either of these options and just like to get work done on my system. So until the problem is found my own Workbench will remain in this quantum state.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Today I released a new version of LiteXL v2.1.1r1. Is more like a maintenance release with a few fixes and extra plugins.

You can check what this release brings at
https://ko-fi.com/post/LiteXL-2-1-1r1-released-C0C1I9ABJ
gemini://gem.walkero.gr/ko-fi/LiteXL-2-1-1r1-released.gmi

You can download it from my repo at
https://git.walkero.gr/walkero/lite-xl/releases/tag/v2.1.1r1
from the Gemini page above
and soon from the OS4Depot and MorphOS-storage

Hope you like this version and is useful for you.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Great news!

Thx! Thx! Thx!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

yesss!!! Keep the good work mate

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for the update, Walkero!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

Updated to LiteXL v2.1.1r1.

Thanks,
redfox

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

LiteXL does not have syntax for Hollywood, correct? Is there any plan in the future to implement this? I know you are busy with your current webkit project and I am not sure how hard would be implementation of Hollywood syntax, but it would be a great addition to LiteXL, for sure. Just a thought!

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@levellord
There is a syntax file for Hollywood already in the Addons folder of the release. You need to enable it.
I introduced it some time ago. There is an AmigaGuide file as well.

In the Addons folder, there are language_hws.lua and language_guide.lua files. These need to be copied into your .config/lite-xl/plugins/.
These are described in the README_Amiga.md file.

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
My old age is killing me and I am blind as well! Thank you walkero!

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@levellord
Don't worry at all. I am just sorry you haven't had the chance to use it before. I am glad the editor is useful to you. Have fun with it.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Today I released a new version of LiteXL v2.1.1r2. The only change is that it was compiled with the latest SDL v2.26.5-rc2 which has some changes for 16-bit screens. This will make LiteXL work on Qemu systems.

https://git.walkero.gr/walkero/lite-xl/releases/tag/v2.1.1r2
and soon from the OS4Depot

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkeroQuote:
walkero wrote:Today I released a new version of LiteXL v2.1.1r2. The only change is that it was compiled with the latest SDL v2.26.5-rc2 which has some changes for 16-bit screens. This will make LiteXL work on Qemu systems.

https://git.walkero.gr/walkero/lite-xl/releases/tag/v2.1.1r2
and soon from the OS4Depot

LiteXL now runs perfectly in 16 bit output and it is fast. I like the editor very much.
Good job and thanks for the support. This text editor also understands drag and drop which is really very good. Thanks

Resized Image

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/5/14 19:25:20
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

Just wanted to confirm that LiteXL works perfectly on the A1222. I was concerned that the redraw performance could be an issue, but it isn't. Works a treat.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Maijestro
I am glad you like it. I put a lot of work into it. It is not just a port of a Linux editor but has a few adaptations here and there. I hope it will be helpful to you.

@eliyahu
I am glad it works so well on A1222. In the past, I had some crashes when some calculations didn't go so well, but fixed it a long time ago. Have fun with it.

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

I've been able to test LiteXL extensively over the past few days, it's really good.

But I have one more question about the use, I would like to place LiteXL is AmiDock permanently, unfortunately this editor does not support drag and drop from AmiDock if I drag text files directly onto the LiteXL icon. I assume that requires wide adjustments to make it available?

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Yeah, it will need a lot of changes. Maybe in a future version. For now if you run it you can drag 'n drop files or even a whole folder into it.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
i think i found a bug in the "minimap.lua" plugin
ErrorWork:Programme/LiteXL2/.config/lite-xl/plugins/minimap.lua:556invalid UTF-8 code

stack traceback
:
    [
C]: in function 'utf8extra.find'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/.config/lite-xl/plugins/minimap.lua:556in function 'plugins.minimap.draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/view.lua:302in function 'core.view.draw_scrollbar'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/docview.lua:561in upvalue 'old_draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/plugins/linewrapping.lua:528in function 'core.docview.draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/node.lua:592in function 'core.node.draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/node.lua:32in function 'core.node.propagate'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/node.lua:597in function 'core.node.draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/node.lua:31in function 'core.node.propagate'

...    (skipping 1 levels)

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/node.lua:32in function 'core.node.propagate'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/rootview.lua:454in upvalue 'draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/plugins/autocomplete.lua:571in upvalue 'root_view_draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/plugins/contextmenu.lua:31in upvalue 'root_view_draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/plugins/treeview.lua:498in function 'core.rootview.draw'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/init.lua:1344in function 'core.step'

Work:Programme/LiteXL2/data/core/init.lua:1388in function 'core.run'

(...tail calls...)
    [
string "local core..."]:12in function <[string "local core..."]:2>
    [
C]: in function 'xpcall'

[string "local core..."]:2in main chunk

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@root
If you remove that plugin, does LiteXL work?

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
Yes, without the plugin there are no problems.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »