Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 17 »
Re: RadeonHD V.5 driver
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

Quote:
Frank looked into your videos and it seems that the pictures does not come fast enough and emotion synchronizes sound and video and then we get som stuttering.

DV Player seems to have an aggressive frameskipping, in Emotion this function is only for software encoder because in real live a hardware accellerated system don´t need such stuff, it should play it smooth.

I wouldn't call it aggressive, but yes, frameskipping is enabled. If it lags too far behind, then it'll jump to the next I-frame, which is the next frame that can be decoded without decoding any other frame first (AVDISCARD_NONREF).

Quote:
We can not do much here, the HW acceleration on the new RadeonHD drivers does not work well, i think...

The video decoder drivers are written by AMD's own software engineers. So, unless they screwed up and deliver a fix later, I don't expect any sudden performance boosts from driver updates. I also doubt that fixing whatever seems to be limiting 2D/3D performance will help much, either, because the video decoder is clearly rather slow.

One thing I do wonder, is what's the hardware's decode time for I, P & B frames? And what's the average decode time per frame? B frames should take the longest to decode, and need two other frames to be decoded first. Maybe the trick is to let the video decoder run several frames ahead before calling vaPutSurface(),** so the video player spends less time waiting for the hardware. I don't have the time to look into this at the moment...

Hans

** i.e., Submit frame n+x for decoding before calling vaPutSurface() for frame n. VaPutSurface() has to wait for decode completion, so doing as much other work as possible before calling it will minimize the time wasted waiting.

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RazielQuote:
I didn`t follow the whole thread, but did you try the workarounds?
- INTERRUPT=NO in your monitor driver
- Compositing set to "Video memory usage" in GUI Prefs/Effects

Yes I tried both and neither one helped. Thanks.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Since the Radeon HD driver doesn't allow to do a warm reboot, the early-startup menu has no more use.

Indeed, if you modify something in the early-startup (deactivate an HDD for example) or if you want to boot without startup-sequence, it won't work since... it's a warm reboot.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I had a crash recently, I used my backup to recover everything but now neither Emotion or DvPlayer will make use of accelerated video decoding.

I have the latest Radeon HD driver :

9.Workbench:> version RadeonHD.chip
RadeonHD.chip 5.14

And the latest Emotion (1.9 dated 2020-12-29) and DvPlayer (54.9 dated 2022-01-27).

Is there any settings I have missed?

--
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L

The VA library from the enhancer package ?

http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php?title=Enhancer_Software

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Skateman

Thanks, thas must be this but I'm pretty sure I reinstalled the whole package.

I will reinstall it again.

--
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L
Quote:
Thanks, thas must be this but I'm pretty sure I reinstalled the whole package.

Maybe you disabled it, like I did, before getting the latest driver because DVPlayer and Emotion would not work with that library enabled and the older RadeonHD driver.

In any case, I see you have an X1000 like me. Once you get back up and going with the new HD driver stuff, could you please try playing videos with the latest MPlayer.
When I do it with the new drivers installed, the video eventually freezes. I'd like to see if others have this issue.

Here is the setup I'm using from earlier in this thread.
Post 125
Post 199 - Full details

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok, after having reinstalled Enhance Software 2.2, it works again.

--
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Any news regarding a new release of the driver?

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Will power menagment work for Radeon 7750? Right now it seems to give me an error and no any settings are visible (I saw some screen shots with Balance, Performance etc. not for me). It looks like GPU is running on max clocks just running desctop.

Do I need to reinstall something after replacing Gpus constantly?

Also, I can't get r7 240 or 250 work with 3.7 driver, system will freeze when I click on an icon or dock.

Should I get rx 550 for my Sam460le, to have power menagment and better overall compatibility?

Also, will v5 help with 7750 and or r7 240/250?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@PixelHi

The poiwer management is ony usable for the RX cards if i recall correct.
7750 is a SI card so it wont work with that card.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK. It seems that rx550 will be my best route. My understanding iż that RadeonRX driver from Enchancer 2.2 will be sufficient for this card? No need for Radeon HD Driver?

Also, just to confirm with rx550 I will not have access to Uboot menu? I think I can leave without it 😉

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PixelHi
@Skateman
Quote:

Also, I can't get r7 240 or 250 work with 3.7 driver, system will freeze when I click on an icon or dock.

Radeon R7 250 works with RadeonHD v5 and does not crash as with v3.7.

Power management works too with R7 250 and RadeonHD v5

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Amigo1

Thank you.

I have to say this is the most confusing thing EVER.

Is there any place where is this described? What is supported or not? What features or not?

I don't mind getting v5 but if I will pay $50 and both of my cards will NOT work, can I get refund? 🙄

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@PixelHi

Are you on X1000?

I am and using a RX580 card with only the RX driver.
You will need a bit of fiddling (in another thread) and will lose CFE display, but it works

@khayoz

Did you ever get the Juli@ to work?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Im using Sam460.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Amigo1

I i see where i went wrong..

(in a previous post this was mentioned)
PowerPrefs will only work on RadeonHD (Southern Islands) cards with driver version 5+, Version 3.7 and lower will just start and show an empty list with a warning that this setup is not supported or similar.

Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel
Yeah the balanced TRS cables helped reduce the noice caused by RadeonRX with Power prefs set to HIGH.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2023
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

Nice

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK, thank you for correction.

I purchased rx550 yesterday, so I'm keeping that one. I will let you know how it will work when I will get it. I think I gave up on Linux/MorphOS on Sam so RX 550 will do.

I just want to have a power management, 55W TDP is not bad, but doing literally nothing and using that much electricity is little to much.

BTW. rx 550 is such a overkill for Sam460 🙄.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 17 »